Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: An introduction to Snus! **READ HERE FIRST IF YOU ARE NEW TO SNUS **

  1. #11
    Noe
    Noe is offline
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Posts
    13,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce.C View Post
    Does anybody know the importation tax for snus or if it can be snuck in tax free with a limit?
    I'm interested in it but can find barely any info regarding importing it to Aus.
    Cheers

    Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    When you add up all the fees, duty, GST & other costs customs adds, it works out to around $900/kg. 5 cans of portions is approx 100gm = roughly $90 tax, on a product that costs around $15 for 5 cans.

    What I buy instead is non-tobacco, non-nicotine snus, it costs about the same as regular tobacco snus but customs can't add taxes to it. When It arrives, I add a few drops of WTA liquid & a couple of drops of 100mg/ml nic to each pouch, which makes it very close to the same strength as strong snus, I then leave the pouches in the can, in the fridge for at least a week before using them, this gives the liquid time to spread evenly through the pouches. It hits a little quicker than regular tobacco snus does but other than that it has pretty much the same effect & lasts about the same length of time in use.
    gert and jedw757 like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

    Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

    The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

    Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

    I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

  2. #12
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Posts
    2,208
    Young Noe, (bet he doesn't get called that often).
    Dumb Question Alert : what is "WTA liquid" ?
    Last edited by Snidely_Whiplash; 24-04-17 at 02:40 AM.
    .

    I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire
    .
    Anything I write on AVF is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the AVF rules: http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum...ions-bans.html
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)

  3. #13
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely_Whiplash View Post
    Young Noe, (bet he doesn't get called that often),
    what is "WTA liquid" ?
    Whole Tobacco Alkaloids.

    There is more in tobacco than nicotine. The other alkaloids are the good ones IMO. Nic is just ok

    Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

  4. #14
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    When you add up all the fees, duty, GST & other costs customs adds, it works out to around $900/kg. 5 cans of portions is approx 100gm = roughly $90 tax, on a product that costs around $15 for 5 cans.

    What I buy instead is non-tobacco, non-nicotine snus, it costs about the same as regular tobacco snus but customs can't add taxes to it. When It arrives, I add a few drops of WTA liquid & a couple of drops of 100mg/ml nic to each pouch, which makes it very close to the same strength as strong snus, I then leave the pouches in the can, in the fridge for at least a week before using them, this gives the liquid time to spread evenly through the pouches. It hits a little quicker than regular tobacco snus does but other than that it has pretty much the same effect & lasts about the same length of time in use.
    That's a really smart idea, might have to order a few cans for those times vaping isn't really an option like out in public. I can't stand nicotine gum so this would suit me quite nicely. How much roughly would shipping be? Just so I know how much to order to get the best deal

    Cheers

    Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    7,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce.C View Post
    I can't stand nicotine gum so this would suit me quite nicely.
    I don't like the gum much either, but the little lozenges are OK. I use them when it's impossible to vape, like on planes. Tuck one under the lip (like Snus) and I'm good.
    gert likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.


  6. #16
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I don't like the gum much either, but the little lozenges are OK. I use them when it's impossible to vape, like on planes. Tuck one under the lip (like Snus) and I'm good.
    I've never tried the lozenges, I used to use the nic inhaler with the highest strength I could get and lung hit it but the cartridges are waaay to expensive.

    Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    7,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce.C View Post
    I've never tried the lozenges, I used to use the nic inhaler with the highest strength I could get and lung hit it but the cartridges are waaay to expensive.
    The big lozenges are kacky, I don't know if they even still make them. The tiny ones though, best NRT product for usefulness (in as much as you can consider them "useful".

    Someone was buying a particular type of lolly and adding Nic/WTA to them, probably very similar.
    gert likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.


  8. #18
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce.C View Post
    I've never tried the lozenges, I used to use the nic inhaler with the highest strength I could get and lung hit it but the cartridges are waaay to expensive.

    Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    And you are supposed to use 3-4 per day, you only get 7 carts with the starter kit and the large pack is like.. twice the pack of a pack of smokes..
    it's the NRT answer to the e-cigarette except they made it as shitty and ineffective as possible.
    if you could get a ton of cartridges it would actually offer you a decent chance at quitting.

  9. #19
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    262
    With the one I bought it was $30 and came with 4...Your supposed to use up to six if you're a heavy smoker and a 24 pack is like $45!
    I think they make them as crappy as possible so you keep smoking, whether you quit or not they still get their pockets filled with your $$$ whether through nrt that doesn't work or a cut from ciggie taxes

    Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

  10. #20
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce.C View Post
    With the one I bought it was $30 and came with 4...Your supposed to use up to six if you're a heavy smoker and a 24 pack is like $45!
    I think they make them as crappy as possible so you keep smoking, whether you quit or not they still get their pockets filled with your $$$ whether through nrt that doesn't work or a cut from ciggie taxes

    Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    [Warning post descends into angry old man yells at cloud rant]

    Sounds about right, NRT is bullshit it only takes the edge off and then you cannot afford to buy more, you have to buy them on top of your smokes budget and they cost MORE than smokes
    so it goes like this
    Smoker cuts down, tries NRT, they stay off smokes for about a week then run out, smoker goes through withdrawals and suffers and is distressed, and go back to smoking then plan to try again next time, rinse and repeat.

    Patches SUCK they all fall off, you have to have 2 of the damn things on you at all times, as soon as one peels off you put another one on.
    allegedly you can save money by getting a prescription from a doctor for patches dunno about the inhalers
    If you get a needle at the hospital the little circular band aid thing they put on your arm stays on your arm till you pull it off, if they can do that you'd think they could make patches that actually stay on, but noooo.... it's not a theory NRT fails because it is designed to fail and people who quit only did so despite NRT's failures, they were really cold turkey'ing all along.

    This is why vaping is such a pain in the ass to get into and maintain, and why even the legal workarounds are being closed up slowly but surely, you are not allowed to quit without intense suffering or paying out through the nose, you are to give up and continue inhaling stinky shit sticks and then pay for your own healthcare as you are excluded from most health plans and insurances if you are a smoker now.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 09:07 AM.