Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: Snus news :)

AVF Regular
    A new study correlates Finland's national tobacco policies - less smoking, more snus, for those addicted to nicotine - seem to be radically reducing the incidence of subarachnoid hemorrhage, the most fatal form of stroke
    Fatal Type Of Stroke Incidence Lower -- Thanks For Not Smoking
    gtadmin likes this.
    How can the NNA AU claim to represent vapers if they don't bother to talk to all of them?
    If they dont talk and listen to the whole vaping community, how can they know what vapers want or need?
    If most of the vaping community is ignored- who do the NNA AU really represent?

AVF Regular
    The Truth Initiative Belies Its Name in New Smokeless Tobacco Screed

Tobacco Truth: The Truth Initiative Belies Its Name in New Smokeless Tobacco Screed

and the article they refer to in text

Is Snus Safer Than Dip or Chew? Health Effects of All Are Close to Zero

Tobacco Truth: Is Snus Safer Than Dip or Chew? Health Effects of All Are Close to Zero
    How can the NNA AU claim to represent vapers if they don't bother to talk to all of them?
    If they dont talk and listen to the whole vaping community, how can they know what vapers want or need?

AVF Regular
    Why Is The FDA Dragging its Feet on Admitting Snus is Safer Than Smoking?

Snus is safer than smoking and helps smokers quit, but the FDA can't seem to admit that. Big Pharma wants to keep it that way.

Why Is The FDA Dragging its Feet on Admitting Snus is Safer Than Smoking? - Hit & Run : Reason.com
    Cath Mort likes this.

AVF Regular
    Curious Snus Poll: Medpage Today US

Chew or Snus: Should FDA Tighten Control?

Chew or Snus: Should FDA Tighten Control? | Medpage Today

AVF Regular
    *shakes head...well in their latest update on their forum (which why they dont post here so they can actually talk to vapers and snusers now that they seem interested in snus I dont know) but now the NNA AU three are considering putting in an application for snus through the TGA ..

Dunno anything else ask em
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 19-11-16 at 05:06 PM.
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    flyingfox12 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Then can anyone please tell me why snus and snuff cannot be sold in Australia? WTF? I remember years ago it was sold by Sol Levy Tobacconist near Central Station in Sydney. What is the Fed's hang up now?
    Lest in self defence it be,
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

AVF Regular
    The best I can come up with for this is that tobacco is bad mkay... even if you are not inhaling it .. even if its low risk.. and even if most of the 4000 chemicals are gone and that research backs the case in favor of snus as a harm reduction product and that it is possible like sweden (until WHO, BT & pharma, PH put their dirty hoofs in) to regulate the ingredients to the degree that it can be considered a food product

Better to use cold turkey, drugs with myriads of side effects and other methods that dont work for alot of people or which are classed under psudeo science

Essentially the legislation was snuck in along with the tobacco laws

You can import snus if you need something stronger, to help you quit smoking and break you of hand to mouth habits if you can afford the $600+ pkg govt tax

Stupid really

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    Then can anyone please tell me why snus and snuff cannot be sold in Australia? WTF? I remember years ago it was sold by Sol Levy Tobacconist near Central Station in Sydney. What is the Fed's hang up now?
    gtadmin and flyingfox12 like this.

AVF Regular
    Daily mail Australia
    FDA opens door to reduced risk claim for Swedish Match snus tobacco

Read more: FDA opens door to reduced risk claim for Swedish Match snus tobacco | Daily Mail Online

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    The best I can come up with for this is that tobacco is bad mkay... even if you are not inhaling it .. even if its low risk.. and even if most of the 4000 chemicals are gone and that research backs the case in favor of snus as a harm reduction product and that it is possible like sweden (until WHO, BT & pharma, PH put their dirty hoofs in) to regulate the ingredients to the degree that it can be considered a food product

Better to use cold turkey, drugs with myriads of side effects and other methods that dont work for alot of people or which are classed under psudeo science

Essentially the legislation was snuck in along with the tobacco laws

You can import snus if you need something stronger, to help you quit smoking and break you of hand to mouth habits if you can afford the $600+ pkg govt tax

Stupid really
    I have had, thus far no problem importing snuff from the UK and the USA, mind you I have never imported more than 50g at a time. I get mine from Mr. Snuff. Snuss, reminds me of chewing tobacco and I think I do not want to buy a spitoon like they used in some of the wild west movies or have to clean one for that matter. A handkerchief or a packet of tissues is a lot easier to wash or dispose of.
    Lest in self defence it be,
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast