oh bad news here http://www.mojanorwegia.pl/czytelnia...snus-7474.html
Last Wednesday , the European Union has implemented a new directive , which prohibits information on taste and composition on the package of snus .
Even Swedish MPs , generally accommodating policy of the Union, can not believe the content of the new directive. The Community has adopted a law according to which it is forbidden to describe the packaging that has the flavor of snus . Also the Norwegian " snuserzy " did not know what was going on the EU.
- This is the kind of nonsensical laws that make people begin to be against the EU - says a Swedish politician and MEP Christofer Fjellner .
Fjellner , which belongs to the Swedish party Moderaterna , was in Brussels for a final vote on the new tobacco directive , which passed last Wednesday winning the most votes.
The secret flavor?
Swedes are demanding the release of Sweden from the general EU ban on snus . Norwegians also want to be an exception. For now, they were able to prevent any ban on snus flavorings such as aromas of licorice , mint , cranberries and the like.
However, the decision of the European Parliament is to tighten the sale of snus in Sweden and Norway. Long on 109 pages directive describes the new rules on what is to be written on the packaging .
Although still in the production of snus will be allowed the use of flavorings, packaging , do not write anything about the taste, odor or other of the additives it contains this product . This also applies to the ingredient list affixed to date on the back of the box with snus .
Popular among young
In Norway, the percentage of people who use snus has increased significantly in recent years , while the number of smokers has declined. Snus is especially popular among young people. According to SSB , 21% badanch the age group 16-24 , admits that taking snus daily. Flavored snus canisters is also popular among young women.
Dagny Viken , who is studying at the Campus Christiania can not hide indignation. Stopped smoking in autumn 2010 and instead started using snus a minty taste. Student also observed that the number of young people who are taking snus is becoming greater, and fewer and fewer people smoke .
- What is it ? What the EU wants to achieve ? They want us to stop using snus ? It will never happen . It did not taste that makes you reach for snus just nicotine - says Mim Gaukstad and shows on your box with cranberry -flavored snus .
You might think that the EU is concerned about the increasing number of young people who turn to snus . Perhaps they fear that this type of flavored products to attract new followers ?
- I do not think it had any effect . People choose snus instead of smoking, irrespective of taste. It's just another stupidity on the agenda of the EU - said Dagny .
Manufacturer of snus : Not bad
Leader in the manufacture and sale of snus in Norway and Sweden is Swedish Match , which przejąłm.in . General Snus company .
- I do not think that it was dangerous for us - says communications manager Nils Erlimo . It is believed that if you will not be given information on the composition of snus , will be harder to control whether the content of nicotine in snus is not too large.
- Snus is nothing healthy. But withholding information about a product does not protect the consumer - sums Erlimo .