Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: Snus news :)

AVF Regular
    AU Sweden cut its smoking rate to just 5% -- here's what the rest of the world can learn
    Read more at https://www.businessinsider.com/swed...uzpVY5Tb9mY.99

New data reveals potential of snus in reducing impact of tobacco-related diseases

New data reveals potential of snus in reducing impact of tobacco-related disease

Harm-reduction approach helps Sweden butt out smoking

Harm-reduction approach helps Sweden butt out smoking - Winnipeg Free Press

Commentary: Sweden figured out how to stop people from smoking

Smokeless tobacco is 95 percent safer than smoking: Study

Smokeless tobacco is 95 percent safer than smoking: Study

and I will be waiting on the rebuttal on this one
    Snus linked to asthma and sleep problems

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN19533J
    flyingfox12 likes this.
    Shut up and be grateful that people are working behind the scenes with medical groups in order to medicalize vaping so that you cant DIY
    and dont ask any freaking questions about the low levels asked for by other groups - its for YOUR own good and future vapers don't deserve the opportunities you had cause lets face it - They have smaller brains than you

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    and I will be waiting on the rebuttal on this one
    Snus linked to asthma and sleep problems
    Well here's one rebuttal for you...

The study team also found that people who reported having asthma were more likely to be current snus users and the same link wasn’t seen among past snus users, dual users or people who only smoked.
    Well for starters, people with asthma are much less likely to smoke where there is a far safer alternative being freely promoted in their country. Duh

As far as ex snusers go, look at the figures. They are given as a percentage mean with confidence index of 95%. OK.
    As anyone who has ever suffered from chronic respiratory problems, they will know that when you lie down, issues like coughing can be much worse as this position causes more irritation to occur to the bronchial tract. Never snusers: 1.14% Ex snuser: 1.29%. In this case the difference is 0.15%, and I think that's what Dr F would call "statistically unimportant". Similarly, there is less than 0.5% between almost all of the results for never users and snusers. The figures even seem to indicate that snusers are more likely to have uninterrupted sleep - statistically unimportant.

Then there's this little gem from the published document:
    The associations with asthma and nocturnal breathlessness became statistically non-significant when excluding subjects who have had attacks of asthma before the age of 13 years (n=1466) (adjusted OR (95% CI) 1.24 (0.89 to 1.71) and 1.32 (0.97 to 1.77), respectively).
    (Emphasis is mine)

Personally I find the stats figures as they are given in the published document a little confusing, but I wonder if any of them can really be considered significant. I think that 95% of statisticians need a good whack upside the head, with value of p < 0.001 (stats joke).
    Last edited by fabricator4; 19-06-17 at 12:44 AM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF emergency contact : avf_contact_point@yahoo.com
    This email will auto-respond with the latest information if the AVF forum is no longer contactable.
    Send a test message now to make sure it's in your address book or sent messages.
    Received emails and addresses will be deleted the same day. Include the word "scream" in the subject if you want me to read your message. The Yahoo responder may only send 1 or 2 response messages per day.

AVF Regular
    Oh this talk about asthma and snus reminds me - I meant to ask if snus has to live in the fridge all the time, or is it OK to take a tin of snus to work with you? I work very long shifts sometimes, and have been thinking about trying snus because I feel a bit asthma-ish in winter and Vaping doesn't help with that.

Sorry if there are any references to assholes in this post; my iPad keeps trying to autocorrect "snus" to "anus", but I think I got them all.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    Oh this talk about asthma and snus reminds me - I meant to ask if snus has to live in the fridge all the time, or is it OK to take a tin of snus to work with you? I work very long shifts sometimes, and have been thinking about trying snus because I feel a bit asthma-ish in winter and Vaping doesn't help with that.

Sorry if there are any references to assholes in this post; my iPad keeps trying to autocorrect "snus" to "anus", but I think I got them all.
    Maybe the iPad is correct

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    muscovyduckling likes this.

AVF Regular

taking to work is all good, ducky

shipping alone is a few weeks at ambient temp

snus is awesome
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    So then how does it work, get home and put back in the fridge, or just keep in my handbag at all times?

I suppose in Sweden it doesn't matter coz it's so bloody cold anyway.
    DogMan likes this.

AVF Regular
    So then how does it work, get home and put back in the fridge, or just keep in my handbag at all times?

I suppose in Sweden it doesn't matter coz it's so bloody cold anyway.
    stockpile in fridge

1 can out to use is what i do

like storing chop chop
    muscovyduckling likes this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Cool, sounds good Doggie. I might pick your brains via PM tomorrow if that's ok?
    DogMan likes this.

AVF Regular

I store all my snuff in the fridge ducky, I use one of them plastic containers with a clip down lid available from Woolies. I make sure though I label it as the wife goes on her fridge cleaning binges and nearly threw the last lot out.

I have not found a snus I like yet. PMSL Yes the Acer tablet I had also had an annoying Auto Correct feature which I finally learned to disable, oh well I have now parted with it and bought a good Samsung one in its place.

AVF Regular
    Sweden urged to own up to its successful harm reduction strategy

Sweden urged to own up to its successful harm reduction strategy | Vaping Post

Time for the Government of Sweden to get behind snus and tobacco harm reduction
    https://www.clivebates.com/time-for-...arm-reduction/

If we want to benefit from Brexit, the first thing we should do is make snus legal
    https://health.spectator.co.uk/if-we...ke-snus-legal/

Snus Cleared of Pancreatic Cancer Risk

https://www.medpagetoday.com/pulmonology/smoking/65372

Did you know that smokeless tobacco is 95 percent safer than smoking?
    Did you know that smokeless tobacco is 95 percent safer than smoking? | fitness | Hindustan Times
    Shut up and be grateful that people are working behind the scenes with medical groups in order to medicalize vaping so that you cant DIY
    and dont ask any freaking questions about the low levels asked for by other groups - its for YOUR own good and future vapers don't deserve the opportunities you had cause lets face it - They have smaller brains than you

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast