Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: Snus news :)

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Back in the middle of June, Swedish Match submitted an application to the US FDA to have the warning labels removed on tins of snus.

"They filed 110 thousand pages (almost 30 shelf-feet of paper) to make a case for some claims that anyone who knows what they are talking about already knows are true (specifically, that there is no evidence the products cause cancer or dental diseases, and that they are far lower risk than smoking)."

Why the most important ecig news of the week is Swedish Match’s MRTP application | Anti-THR Lies and related topics
    Cath Mort and Pipesub like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Super Moderator
    a little bit research a little bit news.... so will post in both threads

Turning the tables on public health – let’s talk about the risks *they* create « The counterfactual

5. Banning snus. A bunch of creepy Brussels-based ‘health’ lobbyists went and told the European Commission in 2012 that snus should remain banned in the new directive. The EU duly obliged, fortified by support from these wholly unaccountable, unrepresentative and harm-inducing public health zealots, whatever the vast body of evidence and expert opinion says to the contrary. But did these supposedly experienced tobacco control advocates pause to consider that denying people outside Sweden access to snus might lead to their death? Have they taken on board the risk that denying what has been so positive for health in Sweden and Norway might actually cause harm in the rest of the EU? You see ‘we just don’t know’… that is, they don’t know whether their actions are causing harm (they almost certainly are) but somehow they don’t feel accountable for this. None of those involved in getting snus banned in 1992 has seen fit to resign or apologise following the success of snus where it has been allowed. I’ve already discussed the negligence James Reilly and the other politicians that agreed the snus ban in the EU Council.

AVF Regular
    Though the users of snus might be interested in this application from Swedish Match North America to have the FDA approve snus as a modified risk tobacco product. They are calling for public comments to be submitted by the 25th Nov 2014

Regulations.gov

"The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is announcing the availability for public comment of modified risk tobacco product applications (MRTPAs) submitted by Swedish Match North America Inc. for 10 tobacco products."
    Cath Mort likes this.

AVF Regular
    I've sent them a few lines,supporting the health benefits of Snus.
    Cath Mort likes this.

AVF Regular
    Forbes news - How the FDA can Help Smokers Quit.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sallysat...-smokers-quit/
    Cath Mort and spinyeel like this.

AVF Regular
    That is a compelling and balanced,well written,factual description of the product we love.
    Unfortunately,the narrow minded,ignorant,Anti Tobacco Nazi's that rule our lives,wouldn't know that Snus exists.

AVF Regular
    Chewing Tobacco May Soon Be Labeled As Safer Than Cigarettes
    Chewing Tobacco May Soon Be Labeled As Safer Than Cigarettes | ThinkProgress

Tobacco Firm Seeks Softer Warning For Cigarette Alternative
    Tobacco Firm Seeks Softer Warning For Cigarette Alternative : Shots - Health News : NPR
    Noe and Rhojin like this.
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    The US FDA will vote on April 10th, on whether Swedish Match AB, maker of snus such as General ES, can claim they are less harmful than cigarettes.

If the FDA votes to approve the application, I believe this could have implications for us here in Oz

"Swedish Match is asking permission to remove required warnings about mouth cancer, gum disease and tooth loss from its product packaging, saying there is no evidence to support a link between mouth disease and Swedish snus. It proposes retaining the risk of nicotine addiction."

Swedish Match gears up for closely watched FDA panel meeting | Reuters

Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

"could" being the operative word here.

I don't see the "Antis" giving in to the relaxation of any law that would allow another tobacco product being sold in Australia. But let's say that it was tabled for consideration, how long do you think that it would be tied up in debate? I suppose that if it did get up the best we could look forward to is quicker delivery if it didn't have to go through cu5tom5. Still $20+ a can.

Noe
    I know we don't always follow what the US does but to say what the US does does not have a big impact on our govt's decisions would be untrue.
    Doesn't mean our govt will want to give up its cash cow tax policies on tobacco products but perhaps we'll see snus available for sale locally, that would probably take some lobbying by Swedish Match also but I wouldn't rule them out of doing that.
    Pipesub likes this.
    Essie's Glass DTs

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast