Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: Snus news :)

Super Moderator

Snus news :)

Ok so I thought I would start a snus news thread for anyone interested

I have translated (using google) this one from Norway Snart blir det forbudt å merke snus - Bergens Tidende Looks like the EU are playing silly buggers again dont think this would effect us but shudders to think that it could if sweden starts labeling all their snus like this

Soon it will be prohibited to note snus.EU prohibits flavor notes and the table of contents for snuff boxes. Both the importer and snuff users reacted strongly to the recently adopted ban also being introduced in Norway .

The new EU Directive allows tobacco flavorings to snuff, but it will be illegal to disclose flavor. In addition, it is illegal to table of contents .

This means that consumers receive information about what they buy, beyond that it is reversed. The Directive was recently adopted by the European Parliament.

- Complete idiocy
    Snus User Aleksander Nøstdal believe the ban is idiotic trustee . He sniffs firm and has found his favorite containing a particular taste.

- Are the boxes exactly alike know I'm not what I buy . This is complete idiocy , says Nøstdal .

He is supported by shop selling Kjersti Tackle who do not quite understand how snus sales shall be conducted in practice with the new directive .

- We can not open every box so the customer must sniffing for the item they want to buy. We must surely create a system in snus closet . But remember how the various snus boxes are , can be difficult , said Takle .

Concerned about the importer
    Swedish Match Norwegian branch supplies the Norwegian sales of snus . They are very concerned about the implications of the new EU directive .

- It is completely incomprehensible that the EU prohibits TOC on snus. Consumption Rene has a right to know what they are buying. It's like if you go to the liquor store and do not get information about buying red wine or white wine, says Geir Hammer, CEO of Swedish Match Norway .

Hammer believes that in the worst case can be hazardous to snuff holders.

- To withhold information from consumers , 's not protect them in any way . On the contrary, this opens up the possibility of rogue manufacturers can put anything in the box without telling what it contains , says Hammer.

- But snus 're not a health product ?

- Smokeless tobacco is a pleasure product and a growing product. We agree with both EU and Norwegian authorities that snus should not be used by those under 18. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should also stay away from all forms of nicotine, says Hammer.

Also applies to Norway
    The Directive was recently adopted by the European Parliament and is probably introduced in Norway within two years.

- I hope the Norwegian authorities are at liberty to tell what products contain , says Hammer.
    Noe, margyb, spud and 2 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Also it looks like the Yanks in power in the US are using the same scare tatic's as they use on vapers and e-cigs lol

https://www.google.com.au/url?q=http...ZvoHKFWE-3PSZw

https://www.google.com.au/url?q=http...lRvm5r1TY5iOlQ

AVF Regular
    Stupid .. dangerous and without reason on the swedish stuff ...
    Rhojin likes this.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Stupid .. dangerous and without reason on the swedish stuff ...
    I agree wholeheartedly but I bet their tune will change once they find a way to tax the crap outta it, or have their BigT make it

the yanks have also got snus in their PACT act grrrrrr

https://revenue-pa.custhelp.com/app/...-it-require%3F
    Fluffyvapingclouds likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    It is obvious that Governments aren't interested in protecting consumers, they just want to protect profits(for BT) & tax revenues.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    It is obvious that Governments aren't interested in protecting consumers, they just want to protect profits(for BT) & tax revenues.
    Yeah its a shame that its all about the greed of the ppl who where put there to serve the populations, all they (what ever govt on this earth) want to do is line their own pockets, quite sickening imo but thats the way of the world I guess

AVF Regular
    I do wonder who they will go after next tho.. am thinking alcohol .. also wondering about BT .. they seem to be losing ground atm world wide.. I dont think they are going anywhere soon .. but I am sure they are busy in the background looking for new and exciting ways to stay in the market somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    I do wonder who they will go after next tho.. am thinking alcohol .. also wondering about BT .. they seem to be losing ground atm world wide.. I dont think they are going anywhere soon .. but I am sure they are busy in the background looking for new and exciting ways to stay in the market somehow...
    BT are Big in Asia and making up for the western loses. they are free to do as they please in Asia advertising ,give promotinal free smokes away, skimpy clad women in night clubs with cigs buy one pack get one free etc etc ..... The old ways/days arnt gone they just moved location

AVF Regular
    Hmm .. well will be keeping an eye over there then me thinks in case times get tough .... sighs .. I can understand the logic of the west.. but I think they are making a huge mistake... we need BT as much as they need us.. it is already proven that there are forms of BT products that are reasonably safe and will generate huge revenue... also wonder sometimes esp in the face of it all if we making a mistake in some ways not supporting them to deliver a good product that doesnt kill us or under deliver.. like free range snus and vaping .. its in thier best interest not to fail too ... Maybe after the hammer falls that will be tabled ....

(waits for people to scream They wont listen!)

humans need thier soma holiday.. it makes life a little easier to deal with sometimes

Thinking too that for a country that is 'open for business' accoding to Abbot .. then why are there so many restrictions and no support for business.. makes no sence .. or I am senile or a bit of both

Quote Originally Posted by Rhojin View Post
    BT are Big in Asia and making up for the western loses. they are free to do as they please in Asia advertising ,give promotinal free smokes away, skimpy clad women in night clubs with cigs buy one pack get one free etc etc ..... The old ways/days arnt gone they just moved location
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 04-03-14 at 10:47 AM.
    spud and Rhojin like this.

Super Moderator
    hehehehe snus & music in sydney Review: Mikhael Paskalev – Oxford Art Factory, Sydney 05/03/14 - Music News, Reviews, Interviews and Culture - Music Feeds

"He filled in time by throwing smokeless tobacco — Snus — into the sea of people. He then prefaced a track by dedicating it to “Rihanna and Chris Brown’s loving relationship.”

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast