Ok so I thought I would start a snus news thread for anyone interested
I have translated (using google) this one from Norway Snart blir det forbudt å merke snus - Bergens Tidende Looks like the EU are playing silly buggers again dont think this would effect us but shudders to think that it could if sweden starts labeling all their snus like this
Soon it will be prohibited to note snus.EU prohibits flavor notes and the table of contents for snuff boxes. Both the importer and snuff users reacted strongly to the recently adopted ban also being introduced in Norway .
The new EU Directive allows tobacco flavorings to snuff, but it will be illegal to disclose flavor. In addition, it is illegal to table of contents .
This means that consumers receive information about what they buy, beyond that it is reversed. The Directive was recently adopted by the European Parliament.
- Complete idiocy
Snus User Aleksander Nøstdal believe the ban is idiotic trustee . He sniffs firm and has found his favorite containing a particular taste.
- Are the boxes exactly alike know I'm not what I buy . This is complete idiocy , says Nøstdal .
He is supported by shop selling Kjersti Tackle who do not quite understand how snus sales shall be conducted in practice with the new directive .
- We can not open every box so the customer must sniffing for the item they want to buy. We must surely create a system in snus closet . But remember how the various snus boxes are , can be difficult , said Takle .
Concerned about the importer
Swedish Match Norwegian branch supplies the Norwegian sales of snus . They are very concerned about the implications of the new EU directive .
- It is completely incomprehensible that the EU prohibits TOC on snus. Consumption Rene has a right to know what they are buying. It's like if you go to the liquor store and do not get information about buying red wine or white wine, says Geir Hammer, CEO of Swedish Match Norway .
Hammer believes that in the worst case can be hazardous to snuff holders.
- To withhold information from consumers , 's not protect them in any way . On the contrary, this opens up the possibility of rogue manufacturers can put anything in the box without telling what it contains , says Hammer.
- But snus 're not a health product ?
- Smokeless tobacco is a pleasure product and a growing product. We agree with both EU and Norwegian authorities that snus should not be used by those under 18. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should also stay away from all forms of nicotine, says Hammer.
Also applies to Norway
The Directive was recently adopted by the European Parliament and is probably introduced in Norway within two years.
- I hope the Norwegian authorities are at liberty to tell what products contain , says Hammer.