Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Make your own snus portions using loose

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I think if you wanted to make long slim portions, using Festee's methods with a bit of a tweak would do the trick.

Rather than cutting 3 portions from the 1 pouch, cut it in half, use the same amount of snus 0.5gm.
    Then spread the snus evenly along 1 long side of the pouch (leave the end open so you can use a clean skewer or something to help with this).
    Next seal half the pouch lengthwise on the ceramic plates, then seal the open end, then trim the now sealed excess half away.

Boom long slim portions!
    Cath Mort and festee like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Ok, so here is my attempt at making different sizes.

The top two are from an empty portion bag cut into four horizontal sections (2mm width) - each 0.5mg weight

The middle is my poor mans long portion, which is from an empty portion cut into quarters - 0.5mg weight

The bottom is an Ettan white portion for comparison purposes - listed as 0.9mg weight

The hobo long portion was fiddly to make and broke my 30 second rule, but I may make a bunch for surreptitious purposes.

Last edited by festee; 29-05-14 at 09:23 PM.
    Cath Mort, Toddosh and Rhojin like this.

AVF Regular
    Looks good. Thanks festee. I'm not worried about the 30 second rule. I'm a very patient lady
    Gresh11 likes this.

Super Moderator
    brilliant festee now the big question how comfy are the prillian pouchs in your mouth? are the swedishmatch comfy or GN or V2 comfy?

I have noticed with some odens (when I use to much in one day) that the inside of my lip up near the gums gets wrinkled but with swedish match products that doesnt happen, I might just be odd though lol

so out of a scale of 1-10 (10 being "everything is awsome") how is the material in the gob?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    This is quite interesting, I'm going to have them send me a kit so I can write about this and make a video.

I've used the heat sealing tea bags before but these look MUCH easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhojin View Post
    brilliant festee now the big question how comfy are the prillian pouchs in your mouth? are the swedishmatch comfy or GN or V2 comfy?

I have noticed with some odens (when I use to much in one day) that the inside of my lip up near the gums gets wrinkled but with swedish match products that doesnt happen, I might just be odd though lol

so out of a scale of 1-10 (10 being "everything is awsome") how is the material in the gob?

I've had no issues with pouch feeling. The material is not soft per se, but seems to be a tight weave that is nice and smooth against the gums. They seem to get going quite quickly like too - about the same as a white portion and much faster than any of the ghetto materials I've experimented with like teabags and cig papers.

If I had to rate them out of 10 i'd have to give them a 7.5. Not quite a comfortable as a General Tailored or Grov portion - both of which I find particularly comfy - but not abrasive like some of the brands out there... i'm looking at you Offroad Julesnus.
    Rhojin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhojin View Post
    the inside of my lip up near the gums gets wrinkled
    I've heard this referred to as 'Gator Lip' which I think is a great descriptor. I get it all the time too. Have read that it may be due to the sodium content in snus and dip tobacco. I wonder if Oden's have a higher sodium content.
    Rhojin likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by festee View Post
    I've heard this referred to as 'Gator Lip' which I think is a great descriptor. I get it all the time too. Have read that it may be due to the sodium content in snus and dip tobacco. I wonder if Oden's have a higher sodium content.
    The general consensus seems to be that Odens has less salt however if "gator lip" is caused from excess sodium then maybe it occurs after the sodium builds up? Hehehe I *heart* snus its the simple gift that keeps on giving
    festee likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by festee View Post
    Back in my day it was called "pickle lip"

Super Moderator
    so in your opinon is it the salt or the pouches that cause this gator pickel lip syndrom? lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast