Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Make your own snus portions using loose

Make your own snus portions using loose

I’ve been playing around with DIY portions due to the fact I am generally a tight-arse and figured I can get more value by making my own with a relatively small initial upfront investment.

I initially started with empty Liptons teabags which worked ok but were a pain to make. Additionally, I was wasting tea, they didn’t feel so great against the gums, and I also had concerns about the composition of commercial tea bag material.

I then moved on to using Element cigarette papers which are made purely of rice paper and vegetable gum. They felt good on the gums and were easy to make, but took forever to get going, and by the time they did the paper would start to split.

Eventually I decided to bite the bullet and order some proper empty portion bags. They are great – cheap, super easy to make, feel nice on the gums and they get going in about the same time as white portions.

Items required

First take an empty portion bag – as you can see these are quite long (around 8mm) and so can be divided into three sections when making 0.5g portions.

This means 600 0.5mg portions from a kit of empty bags. Here they are divided.

Next, set your 3ml icetool to the first click (or however much you want) and pack it to make the pris. 1 click equals around 0.5g by my scales.

Then pack your icetool. I like to pack it and then draw the icetool back a bit so that the loose sits below the rim and then wipe the rim. This way you don’t get a dirty bag when inserting and emptying the icetool.. yuk yuk...

Next insert the icetool into the portion bag – notice the 3ml icetool fits perfectly into the empty portions bag - and empty the pris into the bag.

Then plug in the hair straightener, let it warm, and seal the end of the portion bag – around 2-3 seconds should do the trick.

Squeeze the filled portion bag to flatten it out and presto, a DIY portion in around 30 seconds.

Hope someone finds this usefull.
    Last edited by festee; 28-05-14 at 11:32 PM.
    Noe, brookesy, Cath Mort and 4 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Great going festee dammit now u making me think ....

Quote Originally Posted by Rhojin View Post
    Great going festee dammit now u making me think ....
    Thanks Rhoj. Ghetto style snussing for sure, but I am ghetto, so it's all good
    Rhojin likes this.

AVF Regular
    WOW!! Thank you festee for this post! Will bookmark it for later. Looks great and well thought out.

I like the slim pouches. I don't know why they just don't make them all slim. I know that the normal size pouches are supposed to contain more of the product but surely they could just keep them slim and make them longer or something. I find the slim size so much more comfortable.

But with your system, I might be able to design my own slim pouches. Something to think about.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Cath
    Rhojin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cath Mort View Post
    WOW!! Thank you festee for this post! Will bookmark it for later. Looks great and well thought out.
    Cheers Cath. I dig slim portions too. I have thought about cutting these lengthwise, the only hitch being it could be a bit fiddly getting the loose snus in and getting them sealed. I do plan on experimenting with this idea thought and will post the outcome if I find a good way to do it.
    Cath Mort likes this.

Super Moderator
    They do Cath generals extras strong/long

Have a look at the side bar in SC and select long portions

Quote Originally Posted by Cath Mort View Post

I like the slim pouches. I don't know why they just don't make them all slim. I know that the normal size pouches are supposed to contain more of the product but surely they could just keep them slim and make them longer or something. I find the slim size so much more comfortable.

But with your system, I might be able to design my own slim pouches. Something to think about.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Cath
    Cath Mort likes this.

AVF Regular
    Love it festee. Great work!
    Cath Mort likes this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by festee View Post
    Cheers Cath. I dig slim portions too. I have thought about cutting these lengthwise, the only hitch being it could be a bit fiddly getting the loose snus in and getting them sealed. I do plan on experimenting with this idea thought and will post the outcome if I find a good way to do it.
    Keep us updated
    Cath Mort likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhojin View Post
    They do Cath generals extras strong/long

Have a look at the side bar in SC and select long portions
    Already have the General Extra Sterk Longs - IMO the BEST of the 'General' group.

Luckily, I ordered a can when I first started snussing and buying lots of diff ones to try out. I hadn't tried it, up until I saw it 50% off at SC, early in May. I dug through my freezer and found the tin and tried it out. Good, very good.... not too much drip..... went and ordered 2 rolls of it (still waiting on some of the order to arrive)

Yep, the General Extra Strong LONGS is up there in my 3 fav's now

I only look in the 'long - strong' portions section now
    Gresh11 and Rhojin like this.

Rollies... snus style

Love ya work, festee.
    Cath Mort likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast