Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: How to make Noe's Snus Substitute

AVF Regular
    Thanks for all your hard work Noe Much appreciated!!!

I have copied and pasted into a word doc to keep for later experimentation

Well done!!!
    Noe likes this.

AVF Regular
    Awesome work, thanks for that, i will be giving that a go for sure.........
    Noe likes this.
    *I Use Clones*

AVF Regular
    <slow clap>
    What can I say. Noe, you are a true trail blazer. I don't know where you get it but thank you for your focus, and experimental rigour.

With regard to flavourings - To some the idea of Ecto-cooler snus (ie flvourings from traditional e-liquid) might be appealing but for a tobacco snus like, say Ettan or Grov I have seen that Northerner has flavourings or "Aromas" on offer.

Also, tea brands: I was thinking that "TinyTips" might be worth a look. I've noticed that it is quite fine.

Q: I do prefer Los but I use the tea bag method. How well does your product pack into a pris tool?

Thanks again you "Norman Mailer" of nicotine (don't know if that's appropriate or accurate but poetic licence and all that - it sounds good).
    Last edited by Pipesub; 18-08-14 at 09:23 AM.
    Noe, Cath Mort and Gresh11 like this.

AVF Regular
    this is amazing. not a snus'er but just the time and effort to get this far seems astounding to me - I may even be tempted to try it now good work.

some advice on tea leaves (I learned from whitards in London, being a pommie tea is a mandatory drink)- tea companies use the larger leaf particles for their 'premium' brands or loose tea. When it is manufactured , it goes through some particulate filtering process. the smaller 'fines' are typically used for the cheaper teabags. if you want the smallest particles, try home-brand and low cost teabags - they make shit tea, but maybe better snus
    Last edited by vengaman; 18-08-14 at 02:06 PM. Reason: spelling ffs - damn fingers cant keep up with brain.
    Noe, gtadmin, Fatman and 2 others like this.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipesub View Post
    <slow clap>
    What can I say. Noe, you are a true trail blazer. I don't know where you get it but thank you for your focus, and experimental rigour.

With regard to flavourings - To some the idea of Ecto-cooler snus (ie flvourings from traditional e-liquid) might be appealing but for a tobacco snus like, say Ettan or Grov I have seen that Northerner has flavourings or "Aromas" on offer.

Also, tea brands: I was thinking that "TinyTips" might be worth a look. I've noticed that it is quite fine.

Q: I do prefer Los but I use the tea bag method. How well does your product pack into a pris tool?

Thanks again you "Norman Mailer" of nicotine (don't know if that's appropriate or accurate but poetic licence and all that - it sounds good).
    It was your "snus alternatives" thread that got me to thinking about it & a bit of research on how to make tobacco snus, with some links provided by Rhojin, saw an improvement of my original idea but essentially I was starting from scratch to develop this.

In regard to the Los, what we are making here is essentially Los, in my testing thus far I have used the discarded tea bags as pouches. My prillan pouches only recently arrived & I am still yet to try them out but it is the same idea, just that the prillan bags will make it easier to make multiple portions at once & they can be resealed if what I read in another thread here in the snus subforum is correct.
    What I meant in my method notes about Los was, that if you prefer Los without any kind of wrapping to help hold the snus in a portion, then you'd need to be using some VG to help it clump better. This is what is used to make Los from tobacco snus clump better & although I have not tested it with tea snus, I can see how using VG would help with that but there is no guarantee it would work exactly the same way as tobacco snus.

As for using a pris tool, I have not tried using it, instead I have been using a spoon to drop a small amount of tea snus onto a portion wrapping. What I have made so far, will clump a little but it breaks apart easily, I can see how VG may help it stick together better but since I want to use portions & I don't want added sweetness or more added salt to adjust the sweetness, I have not tried adding any VG.
    Also the finer tea leaves clump better than the larger leaf tea.

I hope that clarifies things for you.
    Cath Mort and Pipesub like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by vengaman View Post
    this is amazing. not a snus'er but just the time and effort to get this far seems astounding to me - I may even be tempted to try it now good work.

some advice on tea leaves (I learned from whitards in London, being a pommie tea is a mandatory drink)- tea companies use the larger leaf particles for their 'premium' brands or loose tea. When it is manufactured , it goes through some particulate filtering process. the smaller 'fines' are typically used for the cheaper teabags. if you want the smallest particles, try home-brand and low cost teabags - they make shit tea, but maybe better snus
    I'm sure we won't mind getting 100 tea bags for $2, rather than 10 or 20 tea bags for $2 & discarding the tea brewed from them to turn into snus
    I'm not a big tea drinker & to keep up with my snus usage, I would have been discarding a lot of brews, just to get the leaves anyway.
    So if I can do that cheaper & get more bags, that contain tea leaves more suitable for what I want them for, then that = winning
    Cath Mort, Pipesub and vengaman like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

AVF Regular
    So cause we are not vaping it then queens flavours are quite acceptable to use.
    *I Use Clones*

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
    So cause we are not vaping it then queens flavours are quite acceptable to use.
    Any food approved flavorings could be used, yes but you want the flavoring to be reasonably strong, the stronger the better, be cause it adds volume to the mixture.
    1ml more liquid makes a huge difference to the recipe above, in terms of wetness.

With my first batch I used a slightly stronger flavoring mixture, needing to only to add about 1/2 as much concentrate as I did in the second batch I tested, the second batch I would think was just on the limit of being too wet, while the first batch was probably close to as dry as snus used in dry white portions commercially.
    The difference in volume of liquid was approx 0.5ml (in a 3gm dry tea batch), so there is some room to play with but not a lot of it.
    Pipesub likes this.
    Essie's Glass DTs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Any food approved flavorings could be used, yes but you want the flavoring to be reasonably strong, the stronger the better, be cause it adds volume to the mixture.
    1ml more liquid makes a huge difference to the recipe above, in terms of wetness.

With my first batch I used a slightly stronger flavoring mixture, needing to only to add about 1/2 as much concentrate as I did in the second batch I tested, the second batch I would think was just on the limit of being too wet, while the first batch was probably close to as dry as snus used in dry white portions commercially.
    The difference in volume of liquid was approx 0.5ml (in a 3gm dry tea batch), so there is some room to play with but not a lot of it.
    Ok - so I've ordered some "Grov Mix Aroma". The mixing instructions are referring to DIY snus state -
    ADDING FLAVOR:
    If you want to add flavour, you should do it together with the water.
    Add around 4-8 ml flavour (for the whole bag - 120 gram) depending on how strong you want the flavour. The amount of flavour is deducted from the amount of water (90-100 ml).

That would make it 0.06ml per gram. I'm hoping it's a concentrate as it's 1/10th the concentration in the recipe

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipesub View Post
    Ok - so I've ordered some "Grov Mix Aroma". The mixing instructions are referring to DIY snus state -
    ADDING FLAVOR:
    If you want to add flavour, you should do it together with the water.
    Add around 4-8 ml flavour (for the whole bag - 120 gram) depending on how strong you want the flavour. The amount of flavour is deducted from the amount of water (90-100 ml).

That would make it 0.06ml per gram. I'm hoping it's a concentrate as it's 1/10th the concentration in the recipe
    Seems like it is highly concentrated flavour, let us know how it turns out
    Pipesub likes this.
    Essie's Glass DTs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast