Like Tree59Likes

Thread: How to make Noe's Snus Substitute

AVF Regular
    Subscribed Noe

Thanks mate, you're a legend
    Noe and Cath Mort like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Yesterday, I forewent my usual Beloved Oden's Extreme Lakrits with coffee & instead decided to try using my own tea snus, completely, for the day, something I hadn't done previously in any of my testing.
    What made this easier to do was that I had filled about a dozen prillan pouches the night before & had them sitting in a tin, ready for use, these were made from tea snus with WTA added when I made it.
    Which that made all the difference because the last thing I want to be doing 1st thing in the morning is making new coils so I can have a vape & likewise I don't want to be messing about with Los snus to make my own pouch, I just want to get that first dose easily & effectively.

I am happy to report that for the entire day I used only my own tea snus & felt no negative effects in doing so, ie. I didn't feel as if I was missing out on anything I would have been getting from using regular snus.
    Also upon waking today, I didn't feel any different to any other day & although I had Odens Extreme Lakrits with my coffee, I have been using my own tea snus for the remainder of the day.
    It is giving me the same level of satisfaction I am used to from regular snus, so I am confident this tea snus can work the same for everyone & it is a lot less trouble to import what we need to make it with.

Sure it takes a bit of time & effort to make but I think it's time & effort well spent, no more worrying about; will my snus be delivered, without ransom notes or without being delayed for weeks until it is well past it's best condition.
    Rather this is made fresh & kept fresh, so you know exactly what condition it is in when you go to use it.

I am looking forward to hearing of other member's experiments with my recipe & what their thoughts are of the product.
    So if you do make some of this please post here to let us know what you think of the end result & how good (or bad) you think it works.
    Cath Mort and Pipesub like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Ok - got my essentials in - flavourings and WTA. So I'm all set to give Noe's recipe a go. Unfortunately I have a long weekend away (trout season ya know) planned so I won't be able to start for a few days. I'll post results here. Fingers crossed. As a side note, of my two orders from Northerner (5x empty plastic tins and 5 bottles of aroma) only the tins were inspected by customs. BUT - silly Northerner labeled both packages as "snus". Doh!

AVF Regular
    Hope you haven't got to pay duty on EMPTY cans Pipe!!!!!

Sounds like when Remi had to pay duty on his empty ice can because it was mixed in with the snus

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cath Mort View Post
    Hope you haven't got to pay duty on EMPTY cans Pipe!!!!!

Sounds like when Remi had to pay duty on his empty ice can because it was mixed in with the snus
    No Cath, no ransom note. Just opened and the obligatory notice inserted. I'm going to give Northener a polite serve for labeling non tobacco items as snus though. I lost my ice tool to the duty b4st4rds. I would have paid for it but there was no way of knowing which pkg it was in as all 11 letters just said snus. . Any way not going to mull over bad times. I've got DIY snus to create!
    Add that to just having scored a Rose v2 RTA and things are going pretty well atm.
    Gresh11 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hmmm, we'll it looks like I might have stuffed up in my WTA selection as WholeCig WTA is 100% VG. Not too worried though as it may work out ok. I was mostly interested in making Los as I use a pris tool. Noe suggested adding VG to aid clumping. Having it combined in the WTA might just be the go.
    Rhojin likes this.

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipesub View Post
    Hmmm, we'll it looks like I might have stuffed up in my WTA selection as WholeCig WTA is 100% VG. Not too worried though as it may work out ok. I was mostly interested in making Los as I use a pris tool. Noe suggested adding VG to aid clumping. Having it combined in the WTA might just be the go.
    The main issue with VG is the added sweetness, add a bit more salt (maybe half as much again) to the batch to combat the sweetness & it should turn out fine.
    Pipesub likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    Fantastic work Noe and to the others who were involved, truly fantastic.

I believe this deserves a sticky, the effort and input that has gone into this process is amazing.
    Cath Mort, Gresh11 and Rhojin like this.

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoOspry View Post
    Fantastic work Noe and to the others who were involved, truly fantastic.

I believe this deserves a sticky, the effort and input that has gone into this process is amazing.
    Thanks Jato.

The WTA I think is best for this purpose is available from Whole-Tobacco-Alkaloids-WTA-Nicotine-Nornicotine-Anabasine-Anatabine WTA e-Liquid Bulk WTA e-Liquid
    Unfrotunately, their site does not have shipping options to Aus. but if you contact them by email, they will arrange shipping & ordering that way. They usually have an "unflavoured" 50/50 PG/VG 24mg WTA liquid readily available & in stock, this is suitable for our tea snus purposes but if you ask nicely, they made me a special batch of 36mg WTF in 100% PG base & they may do the same for you.
    You will have to purchase the entire batch though & if they are too busy they probably won't be able to do it immediately.
    I recommend first trying a 60ml 24mg WTA 50/50 PG/VG bottle or even a 30ml bottle, before committing to a larger order. The "unflavoured" has loads of tobacco flavour, it is just the natural flavour that is produced by their extraction process.
    I very much like the flavour that it has & think it aids to give the tea snus an authentic taste but taste is subjective & not everyone will like the flavour of this.
    Cath Mort likes this.
    Essie's Glass DTs

Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    I will certainly have to do something, I am very lucky I checked in here. I have not ordered much of anything in many, many months due to some personal issues. I was on the up and up last night and was in the middle of a 300 dollar buysnus order when I decided to pop my head into this subforum and see the devastation that is customs these days :\

I could have lost a lot of goddamn money.

I did a quick check, I am on my last tin of Byron from the fridge but I have twenty odd tins in the freezer so I will survive for a little while if I ration but after that I better be prepared to get my Tea on.

Lets say however there were no customs issues, this is still an incredibly interesting subject and a very interesting method of replicating snus. I honestly do not think it has been done before. I am excited to try it even though I have snus.
    Cath Mort and Rhojin like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast