Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Waiting for my order from buysnus to arrive.

same for me.. seems like waiting forever.. i am not sure what takes so long.
    Rhojin likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSteel View Post
    same for me.. seems like waiting forever.. i am not sure what takes so long.
    it normally takes between 14-18 days to get here , if it has taken longer than that there is a very real chance that it is sitting in the customs "bin" @ Aus post in sydney

AVF Regular
    Do you have to declare it at customs if you bring some cans back for yourself?

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by disley View Post
    Do you have to declare it at customs if you bring some cans back for yourself?
    It's tobacco, so yes.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    It's tobacco, so yes.
    What's the quantity before duty is payable?

AVF Regular
    I've ordered as little as 1 package of snuff (dry) at 20g and have had to pay duty.

AVF Regular
    If you're bringing it back in from an overseas trip then it's the same as any tobacco. 50g or 2 cans of portions or 1 can of loose. If ordering on the web there is no duty free allowance.

Of course if you place a couple rolls in the bottom of your luggage, then I won't tell.

That's what I should of done last year when I came back from my trip to Finland/Sweden. I only had 4 or 5 cans of snus and some pipe tobacco in my luggage but they just waved us through when we declared our food products and didn't check anything else. But I wasn't to know that the glory days of mail order snus was about to come to an end. After I returned from O/S the trouble began when I wanted to replenish my stocks and got pinged and just about every time since

AVF Regular
    This is down to the anti smoking pressure groups.
    I'm sure that last time I flew in, last September, it was down to one packet of cigarettes duty free.
    Not even a carton.
    I usually bring alcohol and smokes for friends who indulge.
    It's no longer worth it.

AVF Regular
    I thought it was down to racking in more cash from addicted smokers. Why not get a few extra dollars from cashed up tourists? I forget when it went down from 250g to 50g of duty free tobacco but it must of been at least a year or two ago.

Sure they might use health as a justification for the money grab and no doubt the antis struck off another mark on their trophy belt but $ signs and staying in power are all the pollies care about in the end. Man am I getting pissed off with being bombarded with junk mail and being handed flyers at the train station from these arseholes.

Anyway, it's certainly not worth declaring it on entry depending on how much you have. They'd probably let you off with a few packs if you did declare. No doubt a fair amount is being smuggled in people's luggage I reckon.

You can bring in 2 litres of alcohol duty free I believe but they went stingy with tobacco since it is a much more lucrative consumable.

AVF Regular
    Maybe something similar to this happens to our snus when packages "get lost" in the system.

Customs hid details of officer snorting cocaine after drug bust, documents show
    spinyeel likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast