Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Tobacco free "nicotine" portions

AVF Regular
    yeah true Emu.. but I seriously never smoked inside.. so I try to follow the same regime...until its minus 10 and blowing a gale outside... but generally I have a comfy seat.. and vaping outside is MY thinking time.. weeding time... and just being time ! not sure I could handle a tea towel ... an exhaust fan in the kitchen seems to work.. but everyone is different.. and no one has the answers for anyone else really
    Last edited by 1ynne; 29-03-18 at 10:19 PM.
    Pipesub and emu like this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    oops 10char

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Stores of PG and VG in sealed bottles bother her? Flavourless vape being filtered by a teatowel? That sounds like psychosomatic aversion rather than a physical issue. Does she use any cosmetics or moisturisers at all? There might be a huge contradiction there.

Still... happy wife, happy life.
    Yeah, I know. Sometimes I think that but no makeup or perfume. Only certain cleaners. Eucalyptus washing powder for clothes. I don't use deodorant (lucky I don't need to) or aftershave.
    It's real ... and unfortunate. ;-)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    PG & VG does tend to have its own smell and vaping is not for everyone - some people no longer want to inhale stuff, some people are not addicted to hand to mouth, some people are sensitive to ingredients including smells, other cant for medical reasons vape so snus or lozenges are a good option

Another option is to diy your own lozenges - either the traditional way - heat flavoured sugar up wait till its not too cool to mix some nic in and use as a lozenge

or buy porous premade lollies like newmans own brand - let nic soak into the lollies and use like snus

Dogman has made his own chocolate covered coffee beans as well using nic

In all versions you can use any kind of nic - but as per usual if using WTA - its at your own risk - but WTA cause of the extra stuff in it I think has more of a cigarette type flavour to it

also lozenges, like vaping does not have the same kick as snus does - so heads up on that
    I tried Noe's tea snus, back in the day, it's just a pain to make. I don't seem to need WTAs as much as some as I'm fine on the vape. Hadn't heard about the dissolved sugar. Interesting idea.

AVF Regular
    It is a bit of a pain to DIY your own snus lol - but I suppose when push comes to shove and all that

With the the sugar one - its like any lolly making - apparently chemists used to sell their own DIY lollypops and other lollies in the US

keep in mind though you want the sugar mix to be as cool as possible but still workable and there will be some loss of strength of the nicotine - not alot but some

Some people are also making lozenges by sticking hard lollies in the oven or microwave and then putting a few drops of nic on the melted lollies and mixing it in with a tooth pick - but you would wanna work fast and not let your lollies get too over heated so they dont burn or lose their shape

(Oh DIY nic toothpicks also are just dip a toothpick into a melted lolly mixture that has nicotine in it then left to cool- so there is that as well)

My favorite is the soak method - no mess no fuss
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/...s_not_eliquid/

Nicotine chocolate anything is the same - heat - add - mix and cool

Heres also a thread I found on the affects of heat on nic - just in case you want more detail
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/bl...radation.6202/

Quote Originally Posted by Pipesub View Post
    I tried Noe's tea snus, back in the day, it's just a pain to make. I don't seem to need WTAs as much as some as I'm fine on the vape. Hadn't heard about the dissolved sugar. Interesting idea.
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 29-03-18 at 10:23 PM.
    Pipesub likes this.
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    She's getting rid of you son, bit by bit.

AVF Regular
    What about instead of a tea towel you blow it into an empty 1 or 2 litre bottle? Would that work better?

Also, I don't have any experience with it (or snus for that matter) but I did have a quick look at the 'ON' last night and it seems like it
    will be hard to import it here. There is no option on their official site to ship here and on one of the other sites that carry it the option
    to buy it becomes unavailable as soon as you change your country to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Also Pipesub alot of people wont talk about snus in public because it is strongly believed that some puritan vapers some time ago from here put in formal complaints about people importing it -
    For real? Thats really low. I wish I knew who it was
    Pipesub likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    What about instead of a tea towel you blow it into an empty 1 or 2 litre bottle? Would that work better?

Also, I don't have any experience with it (or snus for that matter) but I did have a quick look at the 'ON' last night and it seems like it
    will be hard to import it here. There is no option on their official site to ship here and on one of the other sites that carry it the option
    to buy it becomes unavailable as soon as you change your country to Australia.

For real? Thats really low. I wish I knew who it was
    I've seen the ON! product and emailed the site. I was directed to a Swedish site but did not go so far as to make a test order.

Also Tara, about the opposition to Snus - don't worry about it. It's like being invited to someone's house. If they don't like something about you and ask you to leave (by whatever means) it's best to find other friends that share your interests. Works out best for both -
    Tara, 1ynne and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Short story time ....

It was centuries ago when the vaping world was a bit younger and more idealistic than it was now - A small war broke out on the forum with some pure vapers determined that snusers leave AVF

At the time it wasnt pretty -

Some of it was about territorial p*ssing, some of it because some people didnt want vaping to be associated with any kind of tobacco product (I think cause less was understood about it by Aussies back then ) They worried that snus as a tobacco prtoduct would be a bad look for the 'cause'

Some of the anti snus feeling had to do with the idea that some people couldnt get their head around the idea that vaping is not the only way to harm reduction and that vaping does not suit just everyone for what ever reason (This is still sometimes an issue)

It was a short war - but it was a bloody war and there were casualties- mostly on the snus side because well snus was on vapers territory and the snus clan was always smaller cause of snus being lesser known in australia

This section On snus - to my understanding of things was only opened cause forum owner Jato took an interest in it (Thankfully)

The turn around in general attitude from the vaping community came when some people left for thier own reasons (or pushed out) and other more loud anti snusers realised just how many of their freinds also had either tried or were sticking with snus

Times have changed since then and most (not all) attitudes have changed to be a bit more open minded about things (not always cause some cant see past their own noses) but over all in general

Sadly tho - despite the wars shortness and in part bc of the nastiness - the legacy has been to push alot of snusers underground bc of having a situation where there were next to no seizures of product - to constant seizures of products through the mail - Most snusers for example will be happy to talk about what they are snusing for example - but keep a tight lip on where they got it from (and who can blame them?)

IMHO I think there are many things to be learned from the experience of the snus section and the general experiences of snusers both politically and other wise

Since all that nastiness there have not been alot of posts in the snus threads

But I have tried to keep snus prominent throughout and despite the dramas as a solution to people who cant seem to fit with vaping for what ever reasons- Just by posting and bumping the news (even if there is not much news) So that people have an alternative option and so others can get a better understanding of it

And so ends my story of one nasty battle of bloodshed and its legacy on the forums

Have a good one!
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 30-03-18 at 11:31 AM.
    Pipesub, Tara and emu like this.
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

emu
    AVF Regular
    To late reb, pipesub bailed to the new forum pmsl

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast