Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: Snus users thread!

Death by regulation: the EU ban on low-risk oral tobacco.

The truth about snus by Clive Bates ......................

Death by regulation: the EU ban on low-risk oral tobacco « The counterfactual

How anyone can argue against this sort of evidence is beyond me !

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    So, I thought I'd give you the reasoning behind my ten can selection for a first order.

Firstly though, snus is graded and packaged by the actual weight of snus in each particular can.
    Some have higher nic levels than others, and you just need to suck 'em and see which varieties appeal to you.

IMO, there is one stand-out variety that will appeal to new snusers, and has a flavour that's not available in any others I've tried.

Mocca Black Maple (9g) ... Mmmmmm yum .......
    Mocca Black Maple, 9g, White Portion Snus - Mocca Mini - More Brands - Swedish Snus

I have suggested two cans of this, because I think you will like it and continue to use it even after you have moved to stronger portions. It's an after dinner delight.

Mocca Mint (8g)
    Mocca Mint, 8g, White Portion Snus - Mocca Mini - More Brands - Swedish Snus

An easy to use minty mini portion, and ideal in the morning to get you going.

Mocca Lakrits (8g)
    Mocca Licorice, 8g, White Portion Snus - Mocca Mini - More Brands - Swedish Snus

Another mini portion to see if you like liqourice flavoured snus.

So, if you get through these four cans, you'll be ready to move onto some stronger standard portions, and the remaining six are two medicated ...............

Catch Eucalyptus (21.6g)
    Catch Eucalyptus, 21.6g, White Portion Snus - Catch - Swedish Match - Swedish Snus

Not sweet at all, and my usual starter in the morning.

General Mint (24g)
    General Mint, 24g, White Portion Snus - General - Swedish Match - Swedish Snus

A much sweeter peppermint flavour that lasts forever.(The most popular medicated snus, and deservedly so)

A couple of fruities .................

Gotrborgs **** No2 Lingon (21.6g)
    Göteborgs Rapé No2, 21.6g, White Portion Snus - Göteborgs Rapé - Swedish Match - Swedish Snus

Lingon and juniper berries are very refreshing.

Thunder Berry (19.8g)
    Thunder Berry, 19.8g, Extra Strong Portion - Thunder - Swedish Snus

A budget priced snus with great summer berry flavours.

And finally, two strong tobacco types ................

General Onyx (21.6g)
    General Onyx, 21.6g, White Portion Snus - General - Swedish Match - Swedish Snus

General is the biggest selling brand by a large margin, and this is their premium offering.
    No other brand taste like General, and you may as well try their best.

Byron Anis (20g)
    Byron Anis, 20g, Portion Snus - Byron - Swedish Snus

Premium tobaccos and a big nic hit from this liqourice flavoured snus, but if you would prefer a straight tobacco,
    go with it's counterpart .............

Byron (20g)
    Byron, 20g, Portion Snus - Byron - Swedish Snus

I've noticed that a few are out of stock at the moment, with their sale now on, but I'm sure things will be back to normal soon.

Happy snusing !
    Howdy OD, mate I can't seem to get these links to work mate.

"Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.northerner.com." ????

Keeping busy I see hehe

This works though http://www.swedishsnus.com/

Same mob mate?
    Last edited by Mushman; 02-09-13 at 04:29 PM.
    Old Dog likes this.

The Northerner site has been down since yesterday arvo.

Don't know what's going on there. Mushy.
    Mushman likes this.

Cheers mate,very interested in this Ol mate.

I've had the mini teabag pouch jobby's many years back and they were hell strong...still have one somewhere but am interested in the loose gear.

Found this site SnusExpress - Snus shop - buy snus online

Any good mate?
    Old Dog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushman View Post
    Found this site SnusExpress - Snus shop - buy snus online

Any good mate?
    Haven't used them ..... not sure where they're shipping from.

It's no good to buy snus from the US, if it's already come from Sweden.

I've only used these two .......................

Buy Snus, Order Swedish snus online world wide - BuySnus.com

and Northerner, which wont load at the minute.

Los (loose snus) is much cheaper, but very messy. ................ I'll stick with portions, I reckon !
    Mushman likes this.

Cheers for that bro!

Yep spotted that shop thanks OD

Got all my gear now; I'm not "dual use" I'm triple use! A pinch of 1700's Kendal Brown snuff in the morning first thing, (makes the eyes water in a very good way) then a snus and a vape with coffee and a pinch or two more here and there and trying the Los Snus now (loose) as well as pouch; awesome! Snuff really hits quick and vaping with snus in the upper lip is as perfect a cigarette substitute as is possible. Just don't, whatever you do, get Probe snus. It makes arse juice taste like violets! Anyone having trouble getting off analogues entirely should definitely try these alternatives. It's worked for me, when vaping alone didn't quite do the trick. Mind you, my intention all along (as an experiment) was no use of will power whatsoever.

Still having struggles baking a perfect pris, but it will come. I really do think the taste of loose snus is superior. I love the Swedes!
    ckane and Old Dog like this.

AVF Regular
    It's great to see some new converts to Snus (and Snuff). I've been using Snus for about 8 months and it's now my no.1 nicotine source. I only vape a couple of times a day now, sometimes not at all. Geez, and I spent $100s on high-end vaping gear. But I can't get me enough of that wonderful vegemite and boot polish deliciousness that is Snus. I always have an open can of both los and portions. For some reason I prefer the flavour of the Los, but I wrap mine up in little squares of tea-bag material, otherwise it falls apart in my mouth which is really really horrible. Mud mouth. Yecchh! Portions are great for work, because they are so convenient. I almost always have a pouch tucked up in my cheek, pretty much from dawn till dusk. I have a new batch of parcels coming from Northener. So far I haven't had any nabbed by Customs - touch wood.

As for snuff, wow! What a stunning new addition to one's habit. When you find one you really like you kind of fall in love with it. I'm still trying out new flavours and brands. There's so much to choose from. Toque Apricot, Blueberry and Raspberry; Dholakia Swiss Chocolate, Wilsons and Sharrow Royal George and Camphor and Mild are some of my faves. There are so many snuffs to try it will take years to get through them all. I've tried at least 30. Most of them I don't like but I only buy small tins to try them out. I have a mason jar where I throw in all the snuffs I don't like and shake it up. The end result so far is a jar full of snuff which isn't too bad. That will be my supply for the Armageddon. When the lights go out and there's no power for ecigs and no refrigeration for snus I'll be sitting back sniffing my snuff and calmly watching the end of the world. I feel so secure and at peace...
    Last edited by Rose; 16-09-13 at 06:50 PM.
    margyb and Old Dog like this.

Woohoo, another snuffer ....... that's three of us now !

We'll take over the place yet. ; )

Just got my first order of snus from buysnus, four cans chosen from Old Dog's recommendations. Day after I ordered they started a sale with big discounts, doh.

My first was sampling was of Mocca Black Maple Midi and I was blown away. Big nicotine buzz, more than I can get from vaping. For some reason I start to feel a bit ill with vaping well before I hit this kind of buzz.
    Second was Göteborgs Rapé Mini White Portion, less bulky which was nice, but tastes weird. Not that that bothered me much.
    And right now I have a portion of General Mint White going. Not a fan of how bulky this is but it tastes great.

I think I prefer it to be as discreet as possible. Has anyone tried the Northerner dry range? No moisture so the mini portions should be extremely discreet... will put a selection on my next order.
    Vapes of Groth likes this.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast