Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree514Likes

Thread: The story of Crisscross

AVF Regular
    Loved this... Thanks Chriss

My own story is much like yours. I had to get healthy and here I am almost 9 days cig free and feeling great.

Meanwhile. I'm having a "Wee little Vape" lolz... Life is good.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

AVF Regular
    Well another year that flew past. Over 54,800 ciggies not smoked. Staggering numbers

Firstly I would like to thank Jato, the mods and members of AVF. You have frustrated me, made me laugh, made me cringe, made me blush, astounded me with your innovation, scared me with your blasť attitude to the inherent dangers around power but most of all you have kept vaping interesting and real for me.

Thanks also to all the individuals and friends that helped me when I was stuck or panicking over the new things I was trying. I also seriously appreciate all the gifts of gear to try. Without people like this the forum would be a lesser place. We lost some valued mates to the ravages of diseases that vaping came to late to help. RIP you are remembered and missed.

I am very set in my vaping ways and the huge advancements in equipment and battery technology have whizzed straight past me. Its hard to keep up so I will leave it to those of you with the know how. I am happy with my small strides in building my own coils and wicking with mesh as it will help me be self sufficient should anything happen with Australian regulations.

At the start of year 3, I had what I thought was lofty but very selfish goals. Consolidate our needs and upgrade our gear to a higher quality with more reliability. Our vaping arsenal is now almost indestructible and rebuildable without too much trouble. We reduced our nic by 50% again with no adverse effects which was a surprise as I thought I was caught in the nic trap forever. (maybe this time next year we will be nic free........ Or not)

Who knows what the future of vaping is but I do know that it has given me my life back.

My message to new vapers is be sensible and walk before you run. Taking shortcuts robs you of the pleasure of the journey. Always be safe with vaping gear you put in your mouth

Take care and vape on.

Crisscross signing off
    Last edited by Crisscross; 16-10-14 at 03:12 AM. Reason: MrG
    gert, gtadmin, essiemessy and 17 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    You are to congratulated for your honesty and resolve. There is a future ,nic addiction is just that an addiction and it is darn hard to give up without assistance.
    I too have a similar experience and i could not explain in simplistic terms how good i now feel (6mths) stinkie FREE.
    AVF and all members need to know just how important there information and knowledge has been and will continue to be for individuals looking for an escape from analogues.
    Personally i read this forum every day ,for both new emerging products , ideas,and knowledge ,because without this forum i would not have known ,understood, or been any where near succsessful with my journey.
    I applaud you all ,thank you all ,and wish you all the very best.
    Once again i am now so chuffed and proud of myself ,each day comes with a smile and i know my body loves me .
    Crisscross and Fatman like this.

AVF Regular
    Congratulations XX! Wishing you many more vaperversaries to come..........................
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Love the story crissx all these people that don't believe in vaping and want to get it banned etc need to read story's like this!!! Maybe then they would understand. Awesome stuff Chriss keep it up
    Crisscross and akef38 like this.

AVF Regular
    yatesy88, you are 1000% correct with your reply. The real meaning of vaping and giving up the stinkies will remain only to those that have had to "fight" with themselves and finding the will power alone to get off the stinkies was/is a war on it's own. Unfortunately when something is taken from the big boys (Tobac,Pharma industry etc ) and they can see into the future that they will be losing $$$$$$$$ , pardon my french, they don't give a shit about what each of us has been through.
    We the ex-smokers turned vapers who have changed our lives and can personally see further than the horizon for our future are the only ones that really care. As a community, we all try and help each other,in different ways,trying to make a rain drop of difference in the ocean towards giving up the cigs. Other than the "big Boys" that i mentioned, only the vapers really care about our future.
    Well done to everyone who has given up/still trying to get rid of those coffin nails.
    Cheers to all
    God Bless.
    Al
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    I for one would like to hear more about your Bella/Elegance Tank collection. How did it start? How did it evolve? What is it about Bella/Elegance Tanks that's got you hooked?
    Crisscross likes this.
    ಠ_ಠ

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by luntingsir View Post
    I for one would like to hear more about your Bella/Elegance Tank collection. How did it start? How did it evolve? What is it about Bella/Elegance Tanks that's got you hooked?
    I had to think about this for a while. In the beginning it seemed like vaping was a boys game and there were very few pretty options around.

Cartomizer tanks have always made sense to me. I wanted fuss free, fill a few each morning, change the battery at tea time and forget. Repeat next day. My first tank was a baby notta, made from black grommets and plastic tubing. Back then you only had three colour choices, shiny chrome, stainless steel or black. Hubby choose black and I ended up with chrome or SS. I was so bored with the mono colour that I started using drip tips for interest. I could change the look by simply changing the drip tip. When I could afford it I started buying cherryvapes ming driptips. They appealed to my sense of design and colour, they felt great in the mouth so I was hooked. Refer to the post I am a self confessed drip tip addict. I still love drip tips.

All the quality tanks available at this time were in SS and much too heavy for me to use as my daily vape. They were designed for provari's and just were a bit weird on my ego batteries.

By accident I stumbled across a picture of an acrylic elegance tank that matched the sapphire cherryvapes drip tip and I was hooked. The colours are stunning in normal light and the depth of the design dazzled me. So it started with collecting all the water collection to match my CV tips and then pairing them with a second complimentary tank.

By this time a limited range of coloured ego batteries were starting to appear so I spent a lot of time patiently matching tanks with batteries. Stalking the tank sale threads for the right tank and its pair and when I could commissioning those that did not come up very often. This was hampered by everyone loving the Bella shape whereas I loved the elegance shape any very few colours were being produced in both shapes.

I wanted a collection of tanks that followed the rainbow spectrum and that I liked the colour combinations of. As a collector at heart, I loved the whole process of searching for the right one. The thrill of actually winning the one I wanted and waiting until it got here. The occasional disappointment when the colour was not quite right. By accident I have ended up with a smaller collection of Bella shaped tanks and I like them a lot but they were placeholders until I could get the elegance one in that colour combo.

The best part of this is that the tanks are brilliant. Easy to use, glass tubes and no leaks. Except for a couple I use them all and I love having something different in my vape case.

Carto tanks are not for everyone but they are perfect for me and my elegance tanks are the queens of my vaping world.
    gtadmin, Fatman, Gresh11 and 5 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for taking the time to write that out Crisscross! It's one of the best collections of vape-related gear I've seen on this forum.

...but not even one obligatory brag picture?
    Crisscross and Gresh11 like this.
    ಠ_ಠ

AVF Regular
    It is pretty special to me and yes I do need some new photos that have them all on show. Soon........

Its funny that my vaping has always been old school and often seems behind the times. But I look at those tanks and I would choose them all again. I love looking at the other collections but the reality is i can't use a lot of vape gear. It's either too heavy or my hands are too small to fire, or the button is wrong.

What I have now is perfect and I am content.
    sc_rufctr likes this.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast