Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: 22 years of smoking - all done with em now

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
    Hi all, newb to the forum here, know a few members from other forums tho.

Gotta have my say as to why vaping is the best thing that's happened to me in recent times. :::SNIP::: !
    Great story Tony... I smoked for 30+ years. (Started at 17 and quit at 49)

My experience is much like yours. About 4 months ago I found a Vaping thread on a Car forum and I haven't looked back.
    Also like you my brain seems to work better with Nicotine. It took 30+ years of smoking and quitting to realize that.

Great job and Good luck.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

Quitting smoke is always harder for yourself, you have to go through all these hard times! though I am not that heavy smoker!

Ok, not sure if I'm in the right thead but - I have just ordered my first E cig after 43 years of smoking at various rates, (currently 30/day, have been up to 150 yes you can smoke that many...) I have ordered the cig and some concentrates and nic mix from the states.
    Simply a case of enough is enough, my cardiologist told me to quit 2 years ago, managed to smoke all the way through a course of quit smoking drugs. Seriously, patches, drugs what a joke, yes I'm addicted to nicotine but removing those cravings isn't enough, as I've found and as I've read on here, it's the not having anything to do with your hands or if you are having a drink with a couple of mates that will do it...
    Looking forward to this and chucking the coffin nails in the bin, finally.
    Have fun vaping all, can't wait....
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    1st step man, you'll love it - all the things you love about smoking with none of the bad things that'll kill you!

When you start out remember the 1st couple of weeks will be a bit ordinary, no so much cravings etc, just getting used to doing something a little different.
    For me the hardest part was there was no 'finished a smoke' point, I never really felt like I was done.

Try to get something that hits pretty hard with high nic content - so you can get that buzz, especially for 1st vape of the morning with coffee.

The other thing to remember is that you're gonna cough etc - that ain't the vape, that's the shite from the smokes coming up, try to look at it as a good thing, even when you're coughing up chunks - at least that sh|t is not staying in there!

Most I ever smoked was about 60-70 a day when I was working 16 hrs - can't fathom 150 a day, damn man!

Hang around here, ask questions, if you're not satisfied with your setup we can help - you will change setups a few times before you find your happy place, don't fret on the wasted $, I wasted a few hundred, maybe even 1/2 a $k on stuff I don't use - but that pales in comparison to how much I woulda spent on smokes in the same time frame.

I just ticked over $5k saved, missus is at $2k, that's $7k between us in 7 months & we've spent about $2k on vaping, with the extra $ we've suddenly got I built an addition to our verandah out the back & enclosed it all in cafe blinds - something we've wanted for years but could never find the extra $ for, vaping paid for our new all weather entertaining area.
    Last edited by TonyK; 18-07-14 at 10:31 AM.

AVF Regular
    I luv reading these success stories. TK it's almost gobsmacking how much extra money comes in when you switch. Even buying all the new shinies hardly makes a dent. How did we ever afford it. Hubby and it both smoked 50+ and even in 2011 terms that was a lot of moollah sitting in an ashtray.

Congrats on you and your wife's success.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Knightflyer big congrats. Why not copy your story to a new thread, then we can applaud and celebrate with you.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    I luv reading these success stories. TK it's almost gobsmacking how much extra money comes in when you switch. Even buying all the new shinies hardly makes a dent. How did we ever afford it. Hubby and it both smoked 50+ and even in 2011 terms that was a lot of moollah sitting in an ashtray.

Congrats on you and your wife's success.
    It's astonishing isn't it, you always found the $ for smokes somehow, I remember being broke & scratching through the glove box & under the bed, in drawers etc to scrape together the shrapnel for a pack of durries.
    That shrapnel now goes in the 'holiday tin' in the top drawer of my bedside drawers, there is something like $800 in coins in there at last count.
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    10 months tomorrow!

AVF Regular
    Fantastic stories and I too stopped 3 mths ago after 35 yrs of a packet a day... Love vaping, love the people who do it and love the extra cash... With what I spent on darts I could have travelled twice to europe and back every year... Which is what I plan on doing..and not just Europe....

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
    10 months tomorrow!
    10 months and now you're building custom mods - what a fantastic story! Well done mate.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast