Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Second attempt

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Second attempt

I saw a lot of success stories which are very encouraging, just wondering if anyone has gone off the bandwagon and back again with vaping.

I tried in February to quit using vaping and I stayed off the cigarettes for a week or two but started having 1 or 2 cigarettes a day while vaping, anyway the cigarettes won out and I stopped vaping but then my father had a heart attack last month and decided to take up vaping again but this time without any cigarettes and so far I have been successful 1 month in.

Anyone else had a few attempts of vaping?
    tugboatofdeath, Cath Mort and leec like this.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    Lucius Annaeus Seneca

AVF Regular
    Lots man, don't beat yourself up too badly - you're giving it another go - that's enough

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    I reckon, like a lot of things, you just have to be in the right headspace up front.
    Sent by vape-o-phone.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

AVF Regular
    I tell my mates that ive got onto vaping (which most still dual use) don't stress too much about how many smokes you do have, think about all the smokes you didn't have! When you're ready you'll notice you start smoking less and less until u dont need them any more
    gert, Cath Mort and Altered1 like this.

Quick Robin to the VapeCave

AVF Regular
    Fell off the wagon and stayed off it for nine weeks, after vaping for nearly 6 months without nic.
    Got sick again, so I started back on nic, and haven't looked back, in the 18 months since
    Hang in there, Baby
    Cath Mort, MrGruffy and Altered1 like this.
    Fifth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Started vaping around mid 2012 and around Christmas last year i went back to the stinkies and only started vaping again about a month or so ago. i wouldn't stress about it too much and glad to see you sticking with it all the best champ

J-D
    I bought my first ecig at the start of 2013 as a new years resolution with little knowledge of what i was getting myself into, lasted no more than 2 weeks and then went back to smoking. Fast forward to march this year started getting chest pains - took 2 very anxious months to find out that i was misdiagnosed with a heart problem. After that ordeal i figured i never want to have that happen again especially if smoking was the cause. Havnt looked back since then.

Just keep having a crack mate and take comfort that lots here have fallen off the wagon and successfully jumped back on it. Best of luck to you!
    Cath Mort likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thank you for your comments everyone, I think the key is to keep away from the cigarettes as much as possible because they are so easy to get back on cause just having one opens you up to having another one since you already have had one before and was "ok". I noticed when you are back smoking, it seems like vaping is a huge effort to get back in, I did vape here and there when I ran out of cigarettes until I bought some more, it does take some commitment.
    mrsgruffy likes this.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    Lucius Annaeus Seneca

AVF Regular
    It doesn't matter how many attempts you make.

One of them will be your last.
    gert, coopz and Tara like this.

AVF Regular
    Good luck jroly, please don't beat yourself up. There is a wonderful community here to help you stay on track.

Thing is, next time you feel like stinky, vape harder and get in here and talk. It'll get a lot easier and we'll help you through. Make sure you've got a good amount of nic in your juice. Don't try and lower the nic too soon. It's certainly not the shit that hurts you!!!

Hang in there mate, don't matter how many attempts you make as long as you keep making them!
    gert likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast