Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: From someone who loves smoking

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Indeed View Post
    Thanks all

I've tried the nicotine lozenges, patches, and a packet of nicotine inhalers in the past, and I kind of thought this would end up the same way. But the fact I can still basically enjoy what feels like smoking, it just clicked. It's like bringing smoking into the 21st century.

I'm going to stick with it. I have more juice arriving in the mail this week so i'll have several new flavours to try out. So far i've been switching juices every couple hours because I tired of them, i'm hoping some lighter fruitier flavours might suit me better than the tobacco and dessert flavours.
    ive settle on fruit myself and a drink. its basically just grape, red bull and strawberry for me now, i think i may just go strawberry for me next order. this is only becasue the place i order from now doesnt taste as good as another place i use to use. but for the cost, im okay with sticking to one flavor. i like that grape bubble gum flavor, but the stuff i have now tastes like green fruit grapes, which is okay but not the bees knees like hubba bubba grape gum i had been getting. the red bull isnt as good either.

im may be ruining the red bull because im cutting it in half ... im also adding some flavor concentrate, but its still not the same as that over priced stuff i was paying for.

my next order may just be for a premixed 250ml of 50/50 strawberry liq base - no nic and a 250 24mg 50/50 base nic and a bottle of some extra flavor.. comes out to about 40-50 bucks for 500ml 12 mg 50/50.. i could go cheaper and add the pr/vg meself but one less step is fine by me.. idk.. it is nice having a 2nd or third flavor to mix it up.. makes the good one seem that much betta..

gl... i dont miss smokes...

I'm still trying juice flavours too. Mostly premixed but i've started buying doublers so I can try more for less. I mixed up my first drink flavour tonight and it's really nice already, Butter Rum by Tasty Vapor. I can see myself vaping this a lot.

So far i'm finding fruity during the day is working well too. I have 'A study in apricot' from VE and that's my day vape. I was hoping to have tried more fruits but the post so damn slow, 7 days just to get from NZ to Melb? maybe i'll get in a day or two... I have a strawberry, blueberry, grape, and lime in the order so that will be interesting.

Still vaping, no smokes. I'm curious occasionally, but i'm not sure if i'm craving or just feeling romantic about something I did for so long. Doesn't matter, I have too many distractions to give it any thought longer than a second or two.

Was thinking about trying an RTA. All I ever seem to read is about how doomed vaping is and it's getting to me, so i'm thinking it would be good to have a couple tanks laying around that I can build on instead of relying on pre-built coils. Even though I said I was curious about smoking, i'd hate to go back to it after vaping.
    inertiacreeping likes this.

AVF Regular
    Still vaping, no smokes. I'm curious occasionally, but i'm not sure if i'm craving or just feeling romantic about something I did for so long. Doesn't matter, I have too many distractions to give it any thought longer than a second or two.
    It could be a bit of both. Tobacco was a friend that you relied on for a lot of years, so it's perfectly normal to feel a sense of nostalgia or even loss occasionally. Just remember that 'friend' you miss so much was trying to kill you without you even noticing it - death by slow poison.

In pretty well all cases the solution is simple - have a vape.

There's more stuff in the tobacco that is addictive, but you'll know for sure if that is an issue for you. You would be doing the right thing talking about it on here - a lot of us have experience of this and understand. Even if things get dark and stormy you don't have to go back to smoking.

Was thinking about trying an RTA. All I ever seem to read is about how doomed vaping is and it's getting to me, so i'm thinking it would be good to have a couple tanks laying around that I can build on instead of relying on pre-built coils. Even though I said I was curious about smoking, i'd hate to go back to it after vaping.
    Sure! It starts to become more of a hobby the more hands on you get. For me personally this was an important distraction when I had just given up smokes. In some way it's also more of a commitment - you have to learn things and build stuff. You get interested in quality equipment and become more invested in your journey. Some people (like me) get interested in the technology for its own sake.

As far as the situation for vaping in Australia is concerned... well hopefully it won't get worse. The UK and NZ are showing the way, and there's hope that common sense will finally assert itself in other countries like the US and parts of the EU. It does give you a sense of confidence to be self sufficient though - whether you simply stock enough supplies to last or invest in components that you can maintain yourself. Backups with very reliable gear are always a good idea too.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    It could be a bit of both. Tobacco was a friend that you relied on for a lot of years, so it's perfectly normal to feel a sense of nostalgia or even loss occasionally. Just remember that 'friend' you miss so much was trying to kill you without you even noticing it - death by slow poison.

In pretty well all cases the solution is simple - have a vape.

There's more stuff in the tobacco that is addictive, but you'll know for sure if that is an issue for you. You would be doing the right thing talking about it on here - a lot of us have experience of this and understand. Even if things get dark and stormy you don't have to go back to smoking.
    Some really good points there. It's also that when in the right frame of mind, smoking fulfills a need to be self-destructive (in a passive aggressive kind of way). I know what it's doing to me, and i'm enjoying it, it's a special bitter sweet misery that occasionally hits the spot.

I also noticed that too much freedom is not always good. Since vaping my partner has given me free reign to vape inside. But i'm realising that because of that I have a lot less alone time. It's interesting when you think about it, nicotine is really a small part of it. Which is why still being able to blow a few smoke rings here and there or being banished to the freezing outdoors to have a vape while at restaurants etc, is pretty helpful.

I'm doing ok though.

Sure! It starts to become more of a hobby the more hands on you get. For me personally this was an important distraction when I had just given up smokes. In some way it's also more of a commitment - you have to learn things and build stuff. You get interested in quality equipment and become more invested in your journey. Some people (like me) get interested in the technology for its own sake.

As far as the situation for vaping in Australia is concerned... well hopefully it won't get worse. The UK and NZ are showing the way, and there's hope that common sense will finally assert itself in other countries like the US and parts of the EU. It does give you a sense of confidence to be self sufficient though - whether you simply stock enough supplies to last or invest in components that you can maintain yourself. Backups with very reliable gear are always a good idea too.
    NZ really grinds my gears. I've been there once and the place is stunning, would love to stay longer. And now they have the nerve to be all logical about ecigs...

I do think building is the way forward. It all looks pretty interesting and doable. I'm still getting my head around it all, two days ago I didn't even know what an RTA was lol
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I also noticed that too much freedom is not always good. Since vaping my partner has given me free reign to vape inside. But i'm realising that because of that I have a lot less alone time. It's interesting when you think about it, nicotine is really a small part of it. Which is why still being able to blow a few smoke rings here and there or being banished to the freezing outdoors to have a vape while at restaurants etc, is pretty helpful.

I'm doing ok though.
    A lot of it is habit, smoking gave us an excuse to do certain things. I still go outside sometimes, or away from other people to vape. You'll find ways to compensate that are comfortable for you. It won't be what you were doing before, but it will serve the same purpose. It sounds like you *need* this as a hobby. If you have space somewhere set up a little workbench. I have an office, but if it wasn't this it would be the shed, or a quiet corner somewhere. Once you start rebuilding you'll have lots of bits and pieces, tools and vape gear that doesn't necessarily belong on the kitchen table. It's nice to have a place where you can tinker, and even better if there's a computer to watch build videos and reviews LOL.

Vaping is a journey, whatever you want it to be. Enjoy the ride ;-)

Cheers fabricator

I had a look around and decided to try a couple Kayfuns for my first builds, so I sent away for a SJMY K5 from China and a KL+V2 clone somewhere local.

I'm really looking forward to getting into it. Big plus that I already have a working setup with the Pico and Nautilus, no pressure to get it right first try. Just tinker and have fun.

AVF Regular
    Cheers fabricator

I had a look around and decided to try a couple Kayfuns for my first builds, so I sent away for a SJMY K5 from China and a KL+V2 clone somewhere local.

I'm really looking forward to getting into it. Big plus that I already have a working setup with the Pico and Nautilus, no pressure to get it right first try. Just tinker and have fun.
    Yes once you have a reliable vape it lets you experiment with other things. There'd be nothing worse than trying to build your one and only. Kayfuns are good designs. The Kayfun 5 is direct lung device, the V2 will be mouth to lung.

SvoeMesto make an internal reducer for the K5 to make it work properly in mouth to lung, but I don't know if it fits the clones.

AVF Regular
    Well done indeed, be proud of yourself.

Thanks Mistic Lady!

I received some wire and cotton in the mail today and managed to get the KL+V2 up and running. I used 28 gauge Kanthal, 8 wraps (or so) with a 3mm id and Japanese cotton for the wick. The OHM reader measured 1.72 and the Pico read it as 1.63? Anyway vaping at 12.5w for the last hour or so and it's actually pretty nice, flavour is great, and vapour production about what i'm used to. Might be too early to say it was a total success, but so far no leaking or dry hits, so i'm pretty pleased ESPECIALLY since another BVC coil in my Nautilus starting giving off a burnt taste after just changing the coil a couple days ago.

Thank goodness for YouTube tutorials lol
    Last edited by Indeed; 22-05-17 at 09:58 PM.

AVF Regular
    Sounds like a successful first build, Indeed. Well done, keep up the good work, and keep us informed.

As an aside, from within your thread, Ginar was having a good crack, 2nd time around.

How are you going with it Ginar? Anything we can help out with?
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast