Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: From someone who loves smoking

AVF Regular
    I loved my durries too. Thought I would smoke till the day I died.

Give it a couple of years vaping mate. The love affair with tobacco does go away eventually... turns out that it smells like crap as it does for every non-smoker.

If the screwing around with flavours becomes a hassle feel free to try unflavoured juice too. It's a lot more like smoking, in it's own way.
    gert and stylemessiah like this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    I loved my durries too. Thought I would smoke till the day I died.
    I watched The Hobbit again last night. Where they were all puffing away on pipes had me nostalgically thinking how nice it would be... Then I realised. Had a vape instead.

I forgot how into tobacco Tolkien was. They were children's books. I read The Hobbit when I was about eight, so is any wonder I finished up smoking really?

Edit: and yes prior to vaping, I was pretty well resigned to dying of some horrible smoking related disease.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I watched The Hobbit again last night. Where they were all puffing away on pipes had me nostalgically thinking how nice it would be... Then I realised. Had a vape instead.

I forgot how into tobacco Tolkien was. They were children's books. I read The Hobbit when I was about eight, so is any wonder I finished up smoking really?

Edit: and yes prior to vaping, I was pretty well resigned to dying of some horrible smoking related disease.
    I puff away on my pipe all the time Fab, and yes The Hobbit is one of my favorites.

AVF Regular
    great story Indeed.
    It was like i was reading my own.
    it keeps getting better mate, i will be four years off the smokes this October.

Good for you

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnen View Post
    great story Indeed.
    It was like i was reading my own.
    it keeps getting better mate, i will be four years off the smokes this October.

Good for you
    Cheers

After three and a half weeks vaping the novelty has worn off a bit, but it's just as enjoyable.

My only regret is the untouched tobacco sitting in the cupboard, for the money I could have bought some more vape gear.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Indeed View Post
    Cheers

After three and a half weeks vaping the novelty has worn off a bit, but it's just as enjoyable.

My only regret is the untouched tobacco sitting in the cupboard, for the money I could have bought some more vape gear.
    Use the tobacco for a natural extraction (flavour). Keep it until you are ready for that stuff, if ever. Wrapping it in plastic wrap and putting it in the freezer *might* make it last longer. I've never done that though.
    Indeed likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Use the tobacco for a natural extraction (flavour). Keep it until you are ready for that stuff, if ever. Wrapping it in plastic wrap and putting it in the freezer *might* make it last longer. I've never done that though.
    Could do. I haven't looked too hard for a tobacco flavour though. I tried a couple when I started because it seemed to be what people recommended, but I found the fruity flavours to be my go to.

I'll keep the tobacco around as a reminder, and because knowing me as soon as I throw it out i'll want it again. But the whole experience for me is not that I ever wanted to quit smoking, i'd go back to it tomorrow and smoke for the rest of my life no worries, I just find vaping to be superior. Part of that is the lovely flavours of the juices. I've tried lots of supposedly flavoured ryo tobaccos but it's nothing like vaping some nice grape or apricot.

Probably the only thing tobacco has over vaping is throat hit, but i've got a few things I can try to improve that.
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    tobacco mixes very well with apricot imho. Worth your while throwing a mix together.
    fabricator4 likes this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234