Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: From someone who loves smoking

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

From someone who loves smoking

Vaping is a wonderful thing

I had my first cigarette around 11 or 12 years old and it was an instant love affair. Loved the smell, the taste, the smoke, the thought I was doing something bad. And here I am now at 40 years old and i've been a pack a day smoker for 20 - 25 years, RYO no filters.

Honestly I can't quit. And if i've ever thought about quitting it has been because of peer pressure or money issues, I even did quit once for perhaps a year but went straight back to the fags like a duck to water.

So here I was last week and a YouTuber I enjoy watching decided to try switching to vaping. Now I had tried a vape pen once before several years ago, harsh, coughed like i'd had several bongs at once, and immediately put the it away and lit up a cigarette. But seeing all these weird boxes and tanks and clouds of vapour, I got an inkling to try it again. I had it in my head that if I could find a way to be satisfied with vaping, then I ought to give it my best shot. There's too many benefits not to, cheaper, healthier, no more tar stained fingers, and no more coughing up a lung all day and night. And actually I think it was the coughing that tipped me over the edge, horrible, always rattling when I breathed, and the morning cough extended its way into day further and further.

After a brief amount of research, I read on this forum a few people liked the Eleaf Pico 75w, so I ordered one of those and several juices from a popular NZ vendor. I didn't realise that 18mg strength nicotine would probably be pretty harsh with the newer Sub-Ohm coils, so after a little more research I quickly ordered a Nautilus tank and some 1.8 BVC coils to go with the Pico. Both the Pico and new tank arrived within a couple days, enough time to set everything up and try out a cheap bottle of 0mg juice from the local smoke shop. With there being no nicotine in the juice it was a really nice stress free introduction to vaping.

Then I waited all week for the juices to arrive and... nothing. The tracking didn't update for days, it arrived into Sydney and fell into a black hole. And being a Friday and not really feeling like breaking up all my old smoked rollies like i'd been doing for months to recycle and stretch out my tobacco, I went out and bought a fresh pouch.

I had just finished rolling up 20 smokes for the night and morning when guess who dropped off a late package at my door?

Sad to say, or great to say, I haven't even looked at my smokes since the juice arrived. Cannot believe it!

I love smoking and have no intentions of ever quitting, yet yesterday I packed up all my lighters and everything else and stuck it in the cupboard. 54 hours smoke free, simply because vaping has been more enjoyable in every way. The taste is wonderful. It was harsh to start but in a weird way this time I didn't mind just because I was feeling more satisfied, kind of buzzed actually from all the nicotine lol

So there's my story so far.

I read somewhere that i'll start missing all the other chemicals in cigarettes pretty soon, so i'll see how I go, but so far it has been a blast. Smoking (vaping) indoors again which I love, the vapor is not as harsh any more, and i'm breathing much better and I didn't cough up a lung this morning. All really great and positive things.

Cheers for reading

*edit* I should say by 'Pack a day smoker' I mean 20 - 25 smokes a day, not a pouch of tobacco a day.
    Last edited by Indeed; 07-05-17 at 09:48 PM.

AVF Regular
    Well done!

AVF Regular
    well done

oh those lovely smokes are gonna be well not the nicest in a few days when you get your sense of taste back
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular
    Well done indeed. Glad to hear its working for you. Keep it up mate.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Wonderful. Welcome to AVF
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Cat
    AVF Regular
    WOOHOO. Go You!
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    Great story Indeed, I loved smoking too and still sometimes miss the ritual rolling of a Ciggie
    If you find yourself struggling - WTA's ( whole tobacco alkaloids) are the thing missing in juice and can be very helpful for some - They helped me through a few hump days.
    Enjoy the beginning of your new life & adventure and yell out if you need help or support
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    Great story
    Well told
    Good luck!

Thanks all

I've tried the nicotine lozenges, patches, and a packet of nicotine inhalers in the past, and I kind of thought this would end up the same way. But the fact I can still basically enjoy what feels like smoking, it just clicked. It's like bringing smoking into the 21st century.

I'm going to stick with it. I have more juice arriving in the mail this week so i'll have several new flavours to try out. So far i've been switching juices every couple hours because I tired of them, i'm hoping some lighter fruitier flavours might suit me better than the tobacco and dessert flavours.
    AllyP and stickemupz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyP View Post
    Great story Indeed, I loved smoking too and still sometimes miss the ritual rolling of a Ciggie
    If you find yourself struggling - WTA's ( whole tobacco alkaloids) are the thing missing in juice and can be very helpful for some - They helped me through a few hump days.
    Enjoy the beginning of your new life & adventure and yell out if you need help or support
    Perfect. I'll look into the WTA's this week.

For the most part i'm not missing the smokes. Just occasionally I need to vape hard for a while to take my mind off of it. I thought it was mostly out of habit, I think of something and for a split second i'm ready to light up without thinking but it could also be the WTA's like you said.
    Cath Mort, AllyP and Jemor like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast