Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Long but worth it road..

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Talking Long but worth it road..

Good evening everyone,

I'm Matt, part of the team which makes up Joocy Luscious (new eJuice makers in Vic). Thought we'd drop by here and tell our story of how we started and influences, what inspired us to start our own company and who else we have inspired and why.

Me,

I had been smoking casually for awhile, mainly as it usually starts on weekends out etc. That progressively got worse to the point i was using a packet a day and hated it. I hated the stench, the smell on my hands after a smoke and the fact i felt lethargic almost every hour of the day. A little bit before i had to go overseas for work for an extended period of time where it got worse, so i got a servo special 'cigar' looking thing which was useless, I quickly upgraded to a Kanger Evod and tiny 1000mAh stick, with juices from Chinese vendors this helped a little.

Due to the laws of country we were in for work I couldn't take my vape stuff with me, so I quickly fell back into smoking, and with working 14+ hour days for 7 days a week, with only 1 day off per month, smoking became more of a social activity then not smoking; Thus one pack a day became two.

On my break off i flew to Germany where I bought a eVTC Mini and first decent tank the uWell Crown. It took 18mg Nic juice to help me quit, but I didn't have a cigarette after that, and it felt amazing, no smell, no lethargy and could actually run again.

Fast forward two years and here we are, in my line of work there are allot of 20+ year smokers, and I have had the pleasure of assisting 12 of them to stop smoking completely, times ranged from 2 through to 6 weeks. I was happy that i had saved money and also the people who i had helped quit also saved money, however nicotine and aus still was an issue so we were determined build a product and team which got quick shipping.

The biggest issue I faced with older age smokers was the lack of direction for those who weren't amazing with technology and saw it as too hard, usually it came down to me just buying a bunch of stuff with their money. So for our team goal, we strive to reduce the 'fog' which surrounds vaping and the gear.

We've only been in business for a little bit now, and are still very young in the game, but hope we can help others as it's helped all of us.

Thank you,

Matt,

p.s side note how do we apply to be a vendor?
    Last edited by Fatman; 15-06-17 at 08:23 PM.
    fabricator4 and ybnice like this.

AVF Regular
    Good luck with it Matt. I'm sure one of the mods will be along to advise you on vender things, and probably say something about establishing some longer term credibility and so on.
    iamtezr likes this.

AVF Regular
    I think this is a good first post, except for the link, which contravenes forum rules. Welcome to AVF.

A mod will be along shortly and tell you there is a vendors section here:
    Vendor General

And several other threads the mods want vendors to read before they post:
    New vendor to AVF? Please read and let sink in :)
    Vendor General Basic Rules
    Warning to all Vendors ESPECIALLY NON_DOMESTIC VENDORS !

The Fatman now owes me a beer.

I'd say remove the link, read the above, and start a thread in the general vendors section. ;-)

ETA: Personally I like it when vendors participate in the community, but they are usually too busy running their business and want time away from all things vape in their down time, and it's probably very hard to walk the fine line dictated by the forum rules. If you have your own thread you don't have quite so many limitations, but it's much harder to engage with the community.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 15-06-17 at 08:17 PM.
    gtadmin, Fatman and rockmoose like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thank you for the above help =)

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I think this is a good first post, except for the link, which contravenes forum rules. Welcome to AVF.

The Fatman now owes me a beer.

I'd say remove the link, read the above, and start a thread in the general vendors section. ;-)

ETA: Personally I like it when vendors participate in the community, but they are usually too busy running there business and want time away from all things vape in their down time, and it's probably very hard to walk the fine line dictated by the forum rules. If you have your own thread you don't have quite so many limitations, but it's much harder to engage with the community.
    Only a pony but

And re vendors walking the line ... its a fairly simple process , once you decide to profit off the vaping community , despite best ever intentions , it becomes more about selling the vape in 99.99% of occasions ... perfect example is the above .. where in an intro , without bothering to read rules for vendors etc , the post above (which is a really good tale of a vaping journey BTW ), ends up playing a SUPPORT role .. to a link

Harsh? why yes , yes it is , but sadly the vaping industry has created that incongruence , where AVF attempts to be one of the few forums in the world that are about Vapers , and vaping , and not selling out ....
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Joocy View Post

p.s side note how do we apply to be a vendor?

Me Mate Fab has done a bang up job of answering that one

I will however let your post sit , but edit out the link ( we arent always bastidges , just most of the time )
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Me Mate Fab has done a bang up job of answering that one

I will however let your post sit , but edit out the link ( we arent always bastidges , just most of the time )
    Bloody Fab, micro-modding the forum again.

You'll never see me do that, post helpful things or point people to the rules etc

Snivelling little suck up :P
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Bloody Fab, micro-modding the forum again.

You'll never see me do that, post helpful things or point people to the rules etc

Snivelling little suck up :P
    LOL. Oh god I'm so lucky I'd just swallowed the mouthful I was chewing, otherwise the screen would have been plastered in beans and bacon. (Mrs Fab has a girls night out, so it's bourbon and beans for meeeeeeeeeeeee (Golum voice required for the last bit.)

Joocy, meet stylemessiah, or SM for short. He's your worst nightmare... :P
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    LOL. Oh god I'm so lucky I'd just swallowed the mouthful I was chewing, otherwise the screen would have been plastered in beans and bacon. (Mrs Fab has a girls night out, so it's bourbon and beans for meeeeeeeeeeeee (Golum voice required for the last bit.)

haha idk you come a close second with fatman following :P

*hides from teh mods*
    fabricator4 and stylemessiah like this.
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular
    Lemme fix that for you, your keyboard must be autocorrecting again....

Joocy, meet stylemessiah, or SM for short. He's everybodys worst nightmare... :P
    fabricator4, iamtezr and rockmoose like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast