Like Tree20Likes
  • 13 Post By Pymboline
  • 6 Post By Pymboline
  • 1 Post By gert

Thread: Why I started.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Why I started.

I love my nicotine habit, but hate smoking.

I needed to quit, even though I was only smoking ~5 or 10 a day on average (Marlboro Lights and Marlboro Menthols) - been smoking for 4 years or so.

Ever since I discovered how much I enjoyed my habit, I've been looking for a way to enjoy nicotine and going outside for a puff without killing myself slowly. I'm a computer scientist with a PhD, so I don't exactly fit the mould of "smoker" and showing up to meetings and such stinking of cigarettes is not a great impression. You might say my personality is complex - I have Aspergers, and I enjoy the routine and the solitude that smoking provided particularly for dealing with stress. Being able to step outside and be alone in my thoughts for a while is fantastic. In fact, as I write this it is 1:18am and I'm on my back porch vaping and thinking about a problem I'm encountering in my work.

That's why I started vaping. A friend of mine suggested I try it and gave me a bottle of juice and an old mod of his to try for a couple days, and what can I say, I stopped smoking instantly and haven't looked back once my own gear arrived. The couple of days in between me giving back his gear and my own arriving was horrible - I realised just how much cigarettes stink, how bad they taste and what a pain it is having to flick ash everywhere all the time. In fact, I felt absolutely horrible even with my fairly light habit after I stopped vaping.

I think I enjoy vaping more than smoking (no stink, no ash, no lighters, nicer flavours and cheaper). Haven't had a cig in 3 weeks, chucked out my "safety stash" yesterday and won't be going there again.

AVF Regular
    That's great to hear mate and congrats on going 3 weeks without the stinkies.
    Once you get past a month you won't even remember what it's like to smoke which is a good thing

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Congrats and well done keep going totally understand the quiet time as i have a anxiety problem and the quiet time is awesome once again congrats.

Officially 1 month vaping today. Never been happier.

I actually found a pack of stinkers in my bag the other day with a couple left. Figuring I had nothing to lose, I thought what the hell, I'll spark one up. I took a couple of drags (missed the taste), but then coughed like mad and felt awful. Tossed the pack out and will never go back.
    gert, Fatman, fabricator4 and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    When I started vaping and was able to quit smoking the best feeling was walking straight past that cigarette counter at the supermarket.

First time it happened I was expecting a big lassoo to fly out and drag me back..

There are so many good things about finally finding freedom from the stinkies,
    merexy likes this.