Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 2nd time around

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Red face 2nd time around

Hi Guys
    I first tried vaping about 2 years ago, jumped in feet first without enough research and lasted less than 3 months, this time around I am at that 3 month mark and going strong.
    I am in my early 60's and have been smoking since high school, guilty of many failed attempts at quitting, and was burning a pack of 40 a day.
    This time around I have been logging my experiences moving from smokes to vaping. For the first 2 weeks of vaping I was still having an occasional smoke but havn't had one for 10 weeks now. 3 of the really good things so far are that I have my sense of smell back and a critical one is the smokers wheeze, it used to wake me at night, I was surprised how quickly it disappeared, and the dreaded smokers cough has also gone.
    This time around I have done a hell of a lot of lurking on this site, got the info that I think I need and think I am on the right track to continue vaping.
    The biggest negative first time around is that I was after a cigarette, in taste and sensation, using only premixed juice I was left dissapointed on taste and some of these juices left me still craving nicotine.
    This time I have my own nicotine, pg and vg, and am having a lot of success with VK doublers, I am getting taste closer to what I want and am definately getting my nic hit. I have now ordered a heap of concentrates to start mixing my own.
    Another huge incentive to keep on with vaping this time around is my usage of juice is costing less per week than I used to spend on smokes a day.
    giruvian, gtadmin, Fatman and 10 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Congrats old timer wish more older people were like you instead of looking at ecigarettes as a joke. My girlfriends pop is in a similar situation and age as you and hoping i can get him off the smokes

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gandalf; 26-09-17 at 06:51 PM.

AVF Regular
    congrats Rob great to see you back on the vaping journey.

While you are here why not enter all the comps for vape gear giveaways. Some wonderful new fandangled gear to be had. hehe here speaks an old gal who is using low tech gear.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Congrats old timer wish more older people were like you instead of looking at ecigarettes as a joke. My girlfriends pop is in a similar situation and age as you and hoping i can get him off the smokes

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    there are more of us than you think.
    Fatman, Cath Mort, rodbam and 2 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    there are more of us than you think.
    +1 Congrats on the journey back. No respect, the young ones.
    Crisscross likes this.
    When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

thanks guys, and feeling younger everyday without the smokes
    giruvian, Crisscross, DocM and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    wtg rob.. lots of things, like vaping (and partners) can be so much better 2nd time around.. hell even third time around.... oops I got carried away there !

age is just a state of mind and vaping.. well its a bit like liberation.. congrats and enjoy and remember to ask questions... you will always get 437 different answers here
    Tara and DocM like this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Congrats on getting back to vaping rob
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Well done Rob. Sounds like this time you were more prepared

Much better prepared this time around, thanks to those above and many others on this site that I have "stalked", a wealth of good information here if you invest the time to find it. I think going to doublers very quickly made a big difference, and my concentrates arrived today, along with a hollow tank sleeve to protect my nautilus, so am about to enter the daunting but wonderful world of mixing my own juice. Will wait till I get a bit of experience mixing and will then start looking at upgrading my gear, currently using nautilus on ileaf 50 and naut 2 zelos kit.
    DocM and emu like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast