Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Huge Thank You

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Huge Thank You

Hi all,

Please forgive this sort of longish post (I am a QLD'r so my point will be at the end lol)

So after reading I finally signed up on this site after witnessing what might not be a huge but definitely a close knit community. The way you all banter gives off a good trust vibe. So a bit about the story and then the point.

When myself and my much much better half decided to stop smoking and look at vaping we did the research as everyone does and all you lovely people here have so much wisdom in amongst the general chat that it made our life easier. The hardest decision was for my lady to pick a kit that she felt comfortable walking around in public with. She finally after much deliberation of style, looks and name chose the Penguin. Of course after ordering said animals she then began to refresh the transit page every 30 seconds to see where it was lol. I guess that very first order is the first step and we were excited.

When our orders arrived, one from aus and one from across the ditch I am sad to say the injuries happened lol. We unpacked our little penguins to set them free, loaded them up with juice using the .25 DL. Being the male and also mainly because she told me to (yes I am broken in) after the priming I took the first inhale. After reading so much I expected angels to sing and light to shine through the rain..... Instead I felt pain....burning....burning pain...burning coughing pain....eyeball watering body coughing burning pain..... I am a man we don't cry.... I did however manage to roll into a fetal position while coughing and holding my eyeballs in and not dropping the penguin.... I am so proud of that lol. Now while this was occurring my beloved... my life.... my boss..... started to snigger.... then giggle.... then laugh... then cry while laughing (one of us got to cry)... she actually then slid off the chair and smacked herself on the butt with the chair as it tipped over (I am actually being serious lol) she got a bruise, by then I had settled enough that I started to laugh and then I got glared at....I stopped laughing....

So I learnt 3 very important things 3 days ago..... 18mg way to harsh to DL.... when you make a mistake vaping, don't take it to serious enjoy the journey... and lastly don't laugh at better half's boo boo's lol.

With the help of people here via pm and reading etc I managed to sort out the nic issue and we are both happily vaping. The missus even does DL now, like a true champion.

Now I know this isn't a big milestone for all of you, but we have now gone 4 days ciggy free thanks to vaping. To us that is HUGE as it proves with each others support and her grrr face this is very very possible.

So thank you AVF and I know you all get told that, but from myself and my lady thank you all for helping us live a longer life. Your blood is worth bottling.

I really want to thank 2 vendors for like you without them I would be out having a cuppa and a smoke right now as we speak (hopefully this is allowed).

The Vape Store
    https://www.thevapestore.com.au/
    Seriously pure gold. We rang them with questions before we placed an order and they were more then happy to help us understand our concerns. (2 penguins, spare coils and juice) Secondly auspost as you all know died early in the week. Even though it wasn't their fault they still sent us an email apologising and to give us a discount off our next order. We are already looking at purchasing 2 more penguins plus coils off them for backups. Excellent service can't say enough.

Vapour Eyes
    https://www.vapoureyes.co.nz/
    Same again, no fuss excellent speedy delivery. I want to thank them for helping me cough all the crap off my lungs lol. And I want to thank them for the ONE candy bar I was NOT allowed to have any of ............ :-( My better half is madly in love with Heisenberg so if anyone know flavours as good as that let me know lol.

My last thoughts are that I am happy to lurk around here and soak up the expertise and hopefully will be for a long time.

Thanks all for the 4 days of happiness.

DP

AVF Regular
    Well done DP. And congratulations on a solid, if eventful start to your, and Mrs DP's new life.

It will be such a huge benefit that you are taking this journey together. The learning, laughter, and joy you will experience while supporting, and being supported by, your partner in crime will make the whole experience that much richer.

The Vape Store, and Vapoureyes are two excellent customer focused, knowledgeable vendors. I'm glad you found them, and it certainly helps other forum members to see bouquets given for good service, as well as the brickbats for poor.

Before you know it, it will be 18/10/2018, and you will both be celebrating your first vaperversary.

Best of luck, and enjoy the ride.
    Fatman, fabricator4, DocM and 2 others like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Super Moderator
    Love it when a plan comes together .. even more so when it has a good story attached !!!

Good luck on your journey !
    fabricator4, DocM, Sublime and 1 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Good on you, especially persisting after the initial experiment

18mg isnt for everyone
    DocM and Dilating Pupils like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Good on you DP for seeking the vast amount of knowledge stored here.
    When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    wtg DP and SWMBO ... fun story.. fun times go well

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    LOL you survived and know better now. You are both vaping now, good on you.

AVF Regular
    Hahaha 18mg dl for a first timer , gold. Congrats and keep it up

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Hahaha 18mg dl for a first timer , gold. Congrats and keep it up

To be fair i starte dout on rebuildables and my first vape was going to be 18mg DL, until someone on here talked me down to 16mg, i vaped that for months.

My current is a sedate 12mg DL

DogMan takes the cake on the mg levels though...
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    To be fair i starte dout on rebuildables and my first vape was going to be 18mg DL, until someone on here talked me down to 16mg, i vaped that for months.

My current is a sedate 12mg DL

DogMan takes the cake on the mg levels though...
    Yeah id love to see a seasoned vaper unknowingly take a big lung hit on one of his vapes

stylemessiah, Danny76 and emu like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast