• 3 Post By f0rsaKen
  • 2 Post By Fezzik
  • 2 Post By f0rsaKen
  • 2 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By Fezzik

Thread: first post

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

first post

hi all. been vaping for a couple of years now and love it. making my own juice (only a couple of flavours) and doing some of my own builds. Love looking at the new stuff coming out. Looking forward to learning even more from the people here.
    Fatman, ybnice and emu like this.

Welcome mate and congrats on making your own, not doing that yet because of kids around the house but envious

Iíve started to not taste any flavours anymore except tobacco based ones so this whole vape thing is losing its edge somewhat so itís a strange journey this thing.

Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DocM and emu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post
    Welcome mate and congrats on making your own, not doing that yet because of kids around the house but envious

I’ve started to not taste any flavours anymore except tobacco based ones so this whole vape thing is losing its edge somewhat so it’s a strange journey this thing.

Enjoy

I've tried a lot of variations of flavours and I tend to now go for the tobacco with nut flavours. Charlie Noble Pistachio is the best I've purchased, along with Ten Bucks They're Nuts. (great value from Vape Dojo in the USA only US $10 for 50ml they have 25% off specials every weekend) I make my own Tribeca clone from the recipe at Sydney Vapour. https://www.sydneyvapour.com.au/reci.../tribeca-clone It's dead easy to make and works out way cheaper. everyone who's tried it reckons it's awesome, I highly recommend trying it!
    DocM and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    G'day and welcome, dive in!
    If you don't have a destination, buy a houseboat, you can't get lost and you are always at home.

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post

I’ve started to not taste any flavours anymore except tobacco based ones so this whole vape thing is losing its edge somewhat so it’s a strange journey this thing.

Enjoy
    That's sounding a lot like flavour fatique or "vaper's tongue". Most of us run into trouble with it at some stage. There can be lots of causes and contributing factors which is why it's so common.

* Improper hydration: A dry mouth and tongue changes the way the tongue works, and can even change the balance of bacteria in the mouth.
    * Too much flavouring in the juice: Beyond a certain point more flavourings don't really help, and can cause a bit of overload. Some people really need strong flavoured juices especially when they first switch. Other's do not, or need less over time as they recover.
    * Vaping too much: The tastebuds can just go into overload if you vape constantly. Use higher nic content and vape less, switch the flavours around a bit, and keep hydrated and refresh your palate by sipping on water/juice/tea etc when you vape.
    * Illness: The flu and other bugs that have been going around hit everyone different, but a change in the way you taste things is a common problem.
    DocM and Bryce.C like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF emergency contact : avf_contact_point@yahoo.com
    This email will auto-respond with the latest information if the AVF forum is no longer contactable.
    Send a test message now to make sure it's in your address book or sent messages.
    Received emails and addresses will be deleted the same day. Include the word "scream" in the subject if you want me to read your message. The Yahoo responder may only send 1 or 2 response messages per day.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    That's sounding a lot like flavour fatique or "vaper's tongue". Most of us run into trouble with it at some stage. There can be lots of causes and contributing factors which is why it's so common.

* Improper hydration: A dry mouth and tongue changes the way the tongue works, and can even change the balance of bacteria in the mouth.
    * Too much flavouring in the juice: Beyond a certain point more flavourings don't really help, and can cause a bit of overload. Some people really need strong flavoured juices especially when they first switch. Other's do not, or need less over time as they recover.
    * Vaping too much: The tastebuds can just go into overload if you vape constantly. Use higher nic content and vape less, switch the flavours around a bit, and keep hydrated and refresh your palate by sipping on water/juice/tea etc when you vape.
    * Illness: The flu and other bugs that have been going around hit everyone different, but a change in the way you taste things is a common problem.
    Cheers mate for the reply, wiring through it still

Hope the Vaping is coming along well

fabricator4 likes this.