Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    AVF Regular
    Ordered mine 16th @ 2.30pm
    Arrived beatifully packed and in good order 8.30am this morning.
    very happy, looks and works great.
    just a side note, and I was aware of this at the time of purchase so not a complaint, but be aware, these units will not fireup 510 low resistance atty's. That said the standard 510 Atty's supplied (I'm assuming they're Bauway) are really nice.
    can't believe how well the cartridges work, don't just toss em like I usually would, they seem to be really well matched to the rest of the unit.
    thanks Boz

Using mine today with a XXL Dual Coil 1.5ohm carto and it is performing wonderfully.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

AVF Regular
    think the trick there is dual coil (I may be wrong but thought the dual would meter out at 3 ohms)
    the single coil (I think, heats up to fast and the battery protection circuit kicks in thinking there's a short)
    just know it wont fire my 2 low resistance 510 atty's that work on everything else.
    works with my ce2's, 801's with a 510 adapter (really nice, and the drip cap still fits)
    just put a meter across my LR atty's and they're about 1.7 ohm, be interesting to know what the lowest resistance they'll work at is

AVF Regular
    oh light487, forgot to say thanks for posting your review, good info and helped the descision after seeing the upgrades from the original release of this unit
    cheers

Yer.. it did have trouble with the XL Dual Coil.. it would fire for about 1 or 2 seconds and then cut out. I've yet to try them with the Boge LR's or any other LRs.. apparently the protection is to do with the batteries rather than with the device itself so maybe different batteries would behave better.. the trouble is finding batteries that will fit inside..

AVF Regular
    I've been using Dual XXl, Boge LRs and 306LR atties with mine without issues. The only thing it doesnt like are Ciscos!

Interesting comment about the atties that come with it. I normally dont use standard 510 atties, particilatly kit ones, but I gave one these a run with a cart and they're actually very good indeed.
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

Yup.. I showed them working in the video review. They are not Joyetech's I don't think but they are of above average quality.

AVF Regular
    They're Bauways....

Thats who makes the N
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

Sik
    got my 510-N last night.

Nice looking Big Battery mod for the price, threads are a bit scratchy, could prolly do with some lubing (dare i say vaso) but thats probably the only fault i could find in it on first impressions. Havent tried out the stock attys with it.

edit; also the button has a bit of play in it. Moves around a little, but works fine.

Tbh i bought it as it was shiney and with the intention of having a cheap backup long life unit (for the end of the worrrrld), its gonna do that job just fine i think. Would also be a good option for newer vapers looking to seriously up their battery life with a big battery 3.7 V mod and who dont want to drop $100+ on something like a silver bullet or take the plunge for VV.

Overall opinion, its good for the price and it does what it advertises, so overall i'd rate it good, it is what it is, a relatively solid cheap big batt mod.
    Last edited by Sik; 18-08-11 at 03:30 PM.
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

Yerp.. it's nothing "special" but it is very much like the "screwdriver" was sans the "mechical bottom positioned button". It's a tube that holds the battery, a switch and a 510 conenction.. the juice protector is a nice touch but not essential and the chrome finish is nice also.. but in the end it is a very simple and solid battery mod.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast