Page 231 of 232 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 2315
Like Tree4337Likes

Thread: Tell Somone to Eff Off Thread without using names (NSFW)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    You mean, you don't?
    BTW FO to fish too!
    Oh yeah!!! They do.
    Babelfish?

sent from my masticated yam
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    there is linux and there is linux

linux is sublime

an OS where the devs are too slack to write a kernel, so borrow a free one and fill it with proprietry bloat is as bad as windows or mac

I'd be more than happy if portable devices used the linux kernel. At least it's not a minute behind real time like this Navman piece of rubbish on my dashboard. I didn't even know a GPS could be this bad...
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Can you get booked for reading a street directory at the lights? Printed book type of antique thing, not a screen.
    chris_vaper likes this.
    I asked my Mum one day "Where do babies come from?" She said "A dog bite son." I found out later, I had a Cynophobic childhood. She thought I'd said Rabies.

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    Can you get booked for reading a street directory at the lights? Printed book type of antique thing, not a screen.
    Probably, the principal is the same. They'd probably write "...without due care and attention" or something. Mind you, you'd have to be really unlucky.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Telstra.... thats pretty much a given right

I got a new prepaid mobile yesterday since my s3's screen died from excessive heat.
    This new phone comes with so much bloatware that cant be removed, its using so much memory that i dont have the memory to root the phone and remove it.
    DogMan, DocM and emu like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    Telstra.... thats pretty much a given right

I got a new prepaid mobile yesterday since my s3's screen died from excessive heat.
    This new phone comes with so much bloatware that cant be removed, its using so much memory that i dont have the memory to root the phone and remove it.
    What ya get Hoofy
    Hoofprint likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    What ya get Hoofy
    4gx HD, its a rebranded ZTE Blade A475.
    Its a piece of cheap crap but 90% of the time i forget to take my phone with me anyway. the most use i got out of that $600 Sammy was Youtube vids while cooking
    DogMan and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    4gx HD, its a rebranded ZTE Blade A475.
    Its a piece of cheap crap but 90% of the time i forget to take my phone with me anyway. the most use i got out of that $600 Sammy was Youtube vids while cooking
    My suggestion for next time is to get a unlocked phone that is not re-branded. LG and Motorolla phones have served me well
    DogMan, Hoofprint and DocM like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_vaper View Post
    My suggestion for next time is to get a unlocked phone that is not re-branded. LG and Motorolla phones have served me well
    yeah i would of gotten one, but we country hicks are still under their bootheel.
    Unless those city phones natively support that werid proprietary band they use out in the sticks it usually better just to get a phone with a telstra rom and strip the bloatware.

AVF Regular
    yeah i would of gotten one, but we country hicks are still under their bootheel.
    Unless those city phones natively support that werid proprietary band they use out in the sticks it usually better just to get a phone with a telstra rom and strip the bloatware.
    Or if youre a Samsung user, for the past Galaxys' ive had (the 2 and 4), you go to sammobile.com and download the XSA version, which is unbranded

Screens from a history page from when i last did the job for a friend with the S4 Mini...recently since the warranty ran out i moved him to LinageOS 14.1 - in other words from Android 4.4 KitKat to Android 7.1.4 Nougat for free, no new phone needed.....

This avoids having to necessarily root your phone as some vendor installed crapware is installed as a system app so it cant be removed without root....

Using XSA firmware has other benefits, apart from meaning you dont have to root to remove crapware installed as system, your google play store remains certified and as a result you retain SafetyNet so banking apps (tap&pay) and some games (if youre into that crap) that require GP Certification (SafetyNet) work....my mates S4 Mini of course doesnt have GP Certified or pass SafetyNet becuase its a custom ROM and i made him aware of this, but he's 65 and doesnt play fricking games or do tap&pay.... yes you can get SafetyNet to pass on some custom ROM's but the methods are unstable and Google will always be closing the holes for security reasons.

As ive posted before, i never buy new phones, theyre too damn expensive, whenever my current one dies, i go ont he bay get a galaxy 2 models up from the last one for $150. when i get it, its invariably got a carrier branded ROM on it, so i go along to sammobile, download the XSA ROM for it, to clean slate it, and then usually get bored and flash a cutom ROM over it a few days later. Always handy to have the latest XSA ROM handy though in case of an issue.... or a custom ROM flash goes wrong...flashing back to a stock ROM liek the XSA will usually cure whatever mess youve gotten yourself into...
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 07-12-17 at 11:13 AM.
    chris_vaper and emu like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17