Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Really? REALLY? >_>

AVF Regular
    I'm not sure. I'd like to think you could but I doubt it. There is no shortage of marriages that become purely about companionship.

Edit. Depending on how the relationship is structured you could, at least in Vic http://www.bdm.vic.gov.au/home/relat...ionships+faqs/
    Last edited by Quom; 28-10-13 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quom View Post
    I'm not sure. I'd like to think you could but I doubt it. There is no shortage of marriages that become purely about companionship.
    no sex, screw that!
    Old Dog likes this.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

AVF Regular
    years ago, i knew a lesbian and gay guy who got married, just so they could buy a house. dunno about now, but back then, the banks looked much more favourably on married couples. (oh, and there was definitely no sex in that marriage. at least with each other)

Edit. Depending on how the relationship is structured you could, at least in Vic Relationships FAQs - Births, Deaths & Marriages Victoria
    Quote Originally Posted by lozza 82 View Post
    no sex, screw that!
    oh yeah screw that, it was just an interesting question I thought, just wondering what exactly in this instance defines a union of 2 people in the eyes of the law

just got off the phone to mum and turns out in malta, marriage equality is set to happen. Im proud to b maltese and surprised a country that has such a strong religious following is triumphant in moving with the times where other countries like aus r still far behind. MGRM - Malta Gay Rights Movement
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

K-J
    You can register your relationship in Victoria. But if you can prove a relationship it's identical rights to a defacto relationship anyway.
    True, and in doing so my Disability Pension would be taken away from me, his Allowance taken away from him, and the two of us given a single payment to share that is roughly half what either of us get now...and barely stay afloat...because "Your a de-facto couple, so you share everything now, right? You don't need all that money!" So many same sex couples I knew jumped at it when they introduced it, and did not realize they were being screwed over until it was too late.

I guess I just want my better half to be able to care for me, and I him, if the worst happened...and yeah trying to get a loan? HA! Hell trying to get anything together, excuses are made..because since our relationship is not legally recognized, it becomes a matter of whoever we are speaking too's personal opinion of homosexuals. Which is not fair, and not right. Some of the Nurses and Doctors in Hospital would let him stay with me, and be involved, other forced him to leave under threat of security being called because "You have no legal connection or rights". Merely because they didn't approve, and even made it obvious!

I guess I'd just be happy with *legal* equality, (screw marriage, why would I want recognition from a religions body that despises us?) and not have people be able to deny us, or our relationship, based on their own personal views instead of what should be equal and fair, regardless of who you are, gender, sex, race whatever. Nobody would dare try and pull this kind of shit on an inter-racial couple these days, regardless of their opinions. Why should we be treated any differently? NO goverment, religios body, or random person has *any* right to tell me my three year and *looks at calendar* three week relationship is *not real or valid* simply because we both happen to have a penis :P

In other news, *facepalm*
    Laws on freedom and tolerance pose a threat to religion, warns Catholic cardinal

If that's the case...maybe you should go re-read those bits of the Bible that preach tolerance, love and understanding a few more times, instead of just bleating the parts you like over and over :P
    Last edited by K-J; 30-10-13 at 05:26 PM.

Two Vision Spinner VV Batteries - 900mAh with two Kanger TS3 with either 1.8 or 2.5 ohm
    "I raise my eyebrow at your stupidity and ignorance, and bid you a good day madam!" - To the nurse that tried to throw my vape kit into the medical waste...after the tussle to get it back off her of course.

AVF Regular
    What you're saying makes no sense. If a straight couple was skirting around centrelink they would be in the exact same situation. There is no difference, the issue you're describing effects everyone on centrelink equally. It's not a homophobic thing, it's a centrelink is stuffed up thing.

K-J
    What you're saying makes no sense. If a straight couple was skirting around centrelink they would be in the exact same situation. There is no difference, the issue you're describing effects everyone on centrelink equally. It's not a homophobic thing, it's a centrelink is stuffed up thing.
    Oh sorry, I do know that, agreed the whole things messed up. Just saying they started advertising it as equality without the fine print being openly spoken till it was too late...kinda devious on their part. Then again it's Centerlink, They'll do anything to screw you out of a payment if they can get away with it.

And again, all comes down to the personal opinion of the Centerlink worker you get, they don't like gays? They deny the application, but again that is across the board, at least a straight couple can fight the ruling by producing a marriage certificate :P

Two Vision Spinner VV Batteries - 900mAh with two Kanger TS3 with either 1.8 or 2.5 ohm
    "I raise my eyebrow at your stupidity and ignorance, and bid you a good day madam!" - To the nurse that tried to throw my vape kit into the medical waste...after the tussle to get it back off her of course.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345