Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: Feeling Like Poo? List of Organisations Who Can Help

Feeling Like Poo? List of Organisations Who Can Help

Thought I'd put this out there because we're all human and at some stage, some people feel like they can't go on. There are people who can help you, so make sure you reach out and get help if you ever feel that bad.

Lifeline (24/7): 131114
    Suicide Prevention Foundation (24/7): 1800465366
    Suicide Callback (24/7): 1300659467
    Rural Link: 1800720101
    Kids Helpline: 1800551800

Feel free to add any organisation you think might help.

Cheers,

Tim.
    gtadmin, Adam, Stomp and 21 others like this.

AVF Regular
    A&E is always a good idea if you need to chat face to face, you might be in for a bit of a wait but it's a pretty safe place. I think all hospitals have a psychiatrist on call. At least all the places I've lived or worked have (used to work in foster care as well as mental health, lots of kids demonstrating suicidal ideation).

I'd also advise googling to see if there is a local mental health team you can call. Those guys are great as they are clued up about the general areas resources and are generally part of the crisis and assessment team so if you really need help they can dispatch. When I had issues (I have bipolar II) they were great as they knew which local GPs showed an actual interest in mental health which for me was a huge barrier to getting help as lots of GPs seem to treat it like a factory job and want a consult over in 2 minutes. It's not that I wanted a long arse chat with the GP. But I needed one who would care about which psychiatrist they sent me to.
    Fatman, BlackDog, spud and 6 others like this.

Just wondering if a mod would mind stickying this?

I think it's worth it because we don't want people topping themselves when they could live on and become happy.

Thanks.

** Thanks for stickying this mods.
    Last edited by timmah; 20-01-14 at 03:56 AM.

AVF Regular
    spud, timmah, KitKat and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    spud, timmah and DocM like this.

AVF Regular
    Dr google is generally a bad idea, but if you go to docs and get prescribed stuff without much info about them, crazymeds.us is good laymans, 1st person info
    spud, timmah, KitKat and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

just to remind some people that there are web sites/forums galore out there for anyone with particular health/emotional issues. I know this because as full time carer for my terminally ill husband ... I use a couple myself and I find them invaluable as a means of comparing others experiences with my own ...
    ...the point is, if a forum/site is not sympathetic to your personal requirements then find one that is and enjoy the online companionship of like minded people with whom you fit in easily ...
    Google is your friend!!
    I
    margyb, Old Dog, lozza 82 and 9 others like this.

If you're using alcohol to cope and you know that it's ruining your life, call AA. They are a bunch of boring pricks, but at least by attending their meetings you won't be drinking.

Find a meeting here: Meeting Search
    Fatman, spud, KitKat and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    just to remind some people that there are web sites/forums galore out there for anyone with particular health/emotional issues. I know this because as full time carer for my terminally ill husband ... I use a couple myself and I find them invaluable as a means of comparing others experiences with my own ...
    ...the point is, if a forum/site is not sympathetic to your personal requirements then find one that is and enjoy the online companionship of like minded people with whom you fit in easily ...
    Google is your friend!!
    I
    I wish I could like this more. Please DO reach out to people going through the same things as you are. You may think you're alone. No one is.

In WA there is a home visit service available. They Bulk-bill so you won't have any cost.

132660 is one of them. I can't remember the other one, but Somone on these forums will do.

We all want you here. come to a vape meet.

Edit: Legend has it that Noe's farts smell like bacon.
    Last edited by timmah; 02-02-14 at 06:15 AM.
    KitKat likes this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast