Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree644Likes

Thread: The "What are you eating / Did you cook" thread!

AVF Regular
    lol pressure cookers you either use them alot or you dont - I had and used one for a long time....

but if you wanna go down this path maybe consider a multicooker with built in pressure cooker? Some pressure cookers that are multi function also act as slow cookers, rice cookers and can cook at other temps

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I wanna try one of those pressure cookers but fearful of it disappearing in the back of the cupboard,
    oh was the corned beef I saw

sigh glad I saw this post well after dinner which was kids fav of bangers mash veggies! and special new gravy wifey taught me which Ill post tomorrow when I find it again!
    Sully likes this.
    NNA AU and general vape advocacy in Australia summed up-
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...
    Secrecy for the greater good... Enemies are everywhere

"If you see something ...Say say nothing...
    Then drink to forget ..."
    One of us... one of us...one of us....

AVF Regular
    Sry wrg quote
    Last edited by Danny76; 18-04-17 at 12:09 AM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by merexy View Post
    They're nothing special, just plain and taste good.

500g sausage mince
    500g fine minced beef
    Tbsp of dried parsley flakes (or a bit more)

Mix well by hand.

Four sheets of puff pastry (Pampas tastes best short of home made, bloody hard work!)

Cut the sheets of pastry in half and arrange all the meat on the eight pieces you have lengthwise.

Roll each one and cut into 4.

Bake @ 180C for 40 minutes or until a nice colour.

Scoff.

Find a butcher that makes good sausages for your meat. Supermarket fare is not reccomended.

They freeze well for later snacks, but never last that long here.
    Another variation on this is one of my faves. Pretty much the same base but add caramelized onion and garlic add in a cup of good tasty cheese or parmison. Blind bake the meat rolls on a tray to get rid of some of the oil that comes out of meat and cheese. (160 for about 15 mins). Then cool. Then wrap in bacon and then in your pastry cook until golden and enjoy

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    lol pressure cookers you either use them alot or you dont - I had and used one for a long time....

but if you wanna go down this path maybe consider a multicooker with built in pressure cooker? Some pressure cookers that are multi function also act as slow cookers, rice cookers and can cook at other temps
    this sounds like a damn good reason for me to go appliance shopping! Last time was that big arsed breville kitchen wiz 4000000 whatever, damn that thing can make a good coleslaw and mix stuff!
    One failed lab experiment away from obtaining superpowers

AVF Regular
    Pork scotch fillets with grill rub
    Potato bake
    Zucchini, onion, garlic, capsicum and tomato mush

Beers and Saki while I'm cooking. The bloody Saki has kicked in.......

:whoooooosh:

AVF Regular
    Bah had to go out again tonight - so Nandos chicken cause it was the closest I could come to any kind of home cooking while out... it was ok .. like its sauces at the supermarket very simple and over rated
    merexy likes this.
    NNA AU and general vape advocacy in Australia summed up-
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...
    Secrecy for the greater good... Enemies are everywhere

"If you see something ...Say say nothing...
    Then drink to forget ..."
    One of us... one of us...one of us....

AVF Regular
    Frozen pizzas......

AVF Regular
    Home made spag bol. I'm sure everyone has a tried and trusted recipe. Never get it when dining out as I'm bloody particular about it and there is no complaints around this household about mine. I don't like sweet, and a lot of out of house are. My secret for taking out the sweet is either frozen spinach or fresh silverbeet. Try it! Savoury, and kids love it ( if they can get past the little green bits). Provista Sugo used to be a great base but for some reason I can't seem to get it anymore.

Lotsa oregano and a shake or two of chilli as well. Pecorino Romano is better than Parmesan.
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Made up a heap of jerky (ok,.... maybe a container full).
    1.1kg of prime blade on special for $12 + flavourings = $20appx ......... turned into 360gms of the good stuff

Out of curiousity, done the math and it worked out at about 5c a gram so I went looking and can get it for 7c a gram on Ebay postage included. Hmmmmmm.
    Cheers
    Sodd
    Fatman and merexy like this.

AVF Regular
    Guinness Chocolate Cake - just out of the oven, the aroma is killing me as I cant have even a morsel of it - last minute order to be delivered before noon tomorrow. Good News is I have $60 more to spend before May vape buying ban commences
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast