Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
Like Tree932Likes

Thread: The "What are you eating / Did you cook" thread!

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Let the Sunday begin !

Well about time...!

emu
    AVF Regular
    Brekky

AVF Regular
    Hmm tonight was roast chicken and veg - followed by sweetened strawberries in vanilla cupcake flavored cream

(I really like having excess concentrates in the cupboards! )
    DocM, emu and FXVaper like this.
    NNA AU and general vape advocacy in Australia summed up-
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...
    Secrecy for the greater good... Enemies are everywhere

"If you see something ...Say say nothing...
    Then drink to forget ..."
    One of us... one of us...one of us....

AVF Regular
    Damn! I keep forgetting about using the concentrates I don't use anymore in the kitchen. I really should move them from my vape stuff.

I've been playing with fermenting vegetables, using the silicone pickle pipes. OMG takes all the guesswork and worry,not to mention the mould away from the whole process. Sauerkraut is nearly ready and the vege medleys are doing nicely.
    Oh, and adding cumin and fennel seeds really makes it all delightfully aromatic and tasty.
    Fifth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    How dumb am I, never thought about using the "unwanted" for cooking! Suggestions for % to use *hopeful*?
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Hmm tonight was roast chicken and veg - followed by sweetened strawberries in vanilla cupcake flavored cream

(I really like having excess concentrates in the cupboards! )

AVF Regular
    Lol not dumb at all- I read some of your posts- so dont go there brah!

Some recipies to get you started

Recipe Collection | LorAnn Oils

Also places like star bucks or pop sugar can give inspiration for recipies- add a few drops of flavor to your coffee beans/ loose tea or a couple directly to your tea or coffee (Im pretty partial to gingerbread) or you could make a basic sugar syrup - add flavor to that and use later in your drinks

Cream is awesome to use concentrates in - in fact some of mine come out tasting like commercial icecream depending on which vanillas I use - can seem to change the mouth feel too depending how flavors are used

Add a little to sugar for flavoured type sugars like vanilla cinnamon or whatevs...

I have have found that capsicum concentrates make a good pepper for most foods (although not very economical)

I am a little weary of heat and so like to use flavoring last in any recipe- you will lose flavor with heat - so if using heat use a little extra if needed

add to your chocolate fudge or sauces or molded chocolate - also a drop or two to hot chocolate is nice - gingerbread or vanilla is is nice so is lavender - i couldnt get pumpkin spice to taste nice- but then I am impatient by nature

add to alcohol like rum

If it can be commercially made - it can be made at home - alot of trial and error - there is more that I have found this post getting long winded as it is

hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by FXVaper View Post
    How dumb am I, never thought about using the "unwanted" for cooking! Suggestions for % to use *hopeful*?
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 16-08-17 at 09:51 PM.
    1ynne and FXVaper like this.
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...

AVF Regular
    Never heard of silicone pickle pipes so had to look em up - what a great idea!

Mmmmm Sauerkraut ... been ages since I had that stuff .....Yum!

Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    Damn! I keep forgetting about using the concentrates I don't use anymore in the kitchen. I really should move them from my vape stuff.

I've been playing with fermenting vegetables, using the silicone pickle pipes. OMG takes all the guesswork and worry,not to mention the mould away from the whole process. Sauerkraut is nearly ready and the vege medleys are doing nicely.
    Oh, and adding cumin and fennel seeds really makes it all delightfully aromatic and tasty.
    essiemessy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Home made fish and chips.
    Made seasoned flour up, Plain flour & cornflour. Roasted curry powder, granulated garlic, turmeric and chives, salt & cracked black pepper.
    Just caught and bought gummy shark.
    In a freezer bag with flour mix, cut thick chips, shake in flour. Cook, when chips are half cooked, do the fish in the bag and shallow fry in extra virgin olive oil. Red wine vinegar on chips is optional. Drain. Scoff.
    Last edited by DocM; 16-08-17 at 11:30 PM.
    Proud owner of #4 Bastard file and various ecoutrements.

AVF Regular
    Posted this in the wrong place yesterday........
    You bewt Yo Yo recipe.
    Written on the back of a 1951 Xmas card in my Mums' handwriting. (Yes children....That's how we humans used to communicate whilst fighting off dinosaurs!)

2 cups plain flour: 1 cup = 250 grams post 1975
    1/2 a cup best custard powder you can afford. = 125 grams post 1975
    1/2 cup Icing sugar.
    250 g cubed butter melted in a bowl over a boiling saucepan of water. Not the 500g square block. The half a that one.
    1 Tsp vanilla extract or essence.

Sieve the dry stuff together into a bowl, mix well.
    Add vanilla essence to just and only just melted butter then into the bowl, mix well, roll into balls about as big as a 20 cent piece. = 2 Bob pre 1966.
    Put on a greased with butter wrapper before you chuck it in the bin, baking tray, press with a fork tyne to a thickness of around 6 mm (1/4" pre '75). Spaced about 10 mm (13/32" pre '75) apart.
    Bake in preheated oven @ 160 C for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. (stuff the conversion on that!)

Let them cool right out or you'll bust/mangle them, use a butter knife to loosen them underneath.

Filling....I use the best lemons I can get. Mayer if you can get them.
    1 1/2 Cups Icing sugar
    1 tsp softened butter.
    1 tsp lemon zest*
    1 tsp chopped mint* *optional but nice.
    2 tbs warm, not hot, lemon juice.
    Add lemon juice and butter to icing sugar mix until really stiff.
    Adding more Icing sugar if it aint. Or, leave it to cool then join the yummy little bickies together using the icing mixture.
    Call dentist and dietician for appointment.
    I hope you enjoy them. I did!!!!!
    Or just the bickies are a cheat to shortbread!

AVF Regular
    Spices discounted!!!!!!

Get spicy with 15% off this winter at Aussie Spices

Go mental kids!!!!!! I do. Try Lebanese 7 spice on apple pie with caster sugar, in pancakes, on them , anything dessertish BLISSSSSS!
    Last edited by DocM; 19-08-17 at 05:06 PM.
    1ynne likes this.

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast