Page 81 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Like Tree2241Likes

Thread: The "What are you eating / Did you cook" thread!

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Breakfast of Champions.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    I reckon you'll just be able to squeeze one more drink out of that bottle of vodka mate...
    act180, Danny76, Sublime and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Had a couple of roasts in the last couple of days - but I have too much left over roast pork and potatoes so will make a nice savory apricot sauce today using the left over carrot and coconut puree and left over apple sauce ...

with the potatoes I was thinking about maybe some kind of potato bake - would prefer plain rice here but figure I should use them so that they dont go to waste -
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    I saw a great recipe for a “potato bake” on Nigella’s Xmas special. Your potato’s are already cooked, so dice them up. She added a jar of roasted capsicum in oil - I figure you could add some capsicum, and maybe tomato, plus some oil, give them a good mix and toss, then short time high heat in oven to brown (maybe some cheese on top if that’s your thing)

Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Had a couple of roasts in the last couple of days - but I have too much left over roast pork and potatoes so will make a nice savory apricot sauce today using the left over carrot and coconut puree and left over apple sauce ...

with the potatoes I was thinking about maybe some kind of potato bake - would prefer plain rice here but figure I should use them so that they dont go to waste -

AVF Regular
    Had a once in a life time dining experience this morning.

Maccas was closed for xmas and reopened 10.30am, but due to the food comas nobody was there.
    The whole store was empty and i had the only order, so the cook had no excuse not to make the best Quarter Pounder ever.

Chips were pipping hot, Burger was succulent and actually had all the ingredients for once.
    No screaming snot bags, the place was clean and it was so silent it was surreal.

Honest to god if i ever own a maccas i will sell that kind of dining experience on the side and make a fkn fortune.

AVF Regular
    That sounds really nice FX and found the recipe too !

BBC Two - Simply Nigella, Christmas Special, Potato and pepper bake

Oddly I have been eating that kind of roasted capsicum all my life and even make it from time to time as a salad thing but have never thought to to actually cook with it outside of making the occasional home made ajvar

Im just really sorry I didnt see this post before I made the standard bake cause this would have been more interesting (mine was standard garlic/ cream/ french onion soup)

I agree tomato would be nice in this - but think I would further add a little onion and garlic and a dash of sugar (on top of salt and pepper) to subdue it a bit more

What a great idea!

Will def keep this in mind for the next time I do potatoes - for the moment tho am a little food sick or sick of food - so its maybe two min noodles tonight

Quote Originally Posted by FXVaper View Post
    I saw a great recipe for a “potato bake” on Nigella’s Xmas special. Your potato’s are already cooked, so dice them up. She added a jar of roasted capsicum in oil - I figure you could add some capsicum, and maybe tomato, plus some oil, give them a good mix and toss, then short time high heat in oven to brown (maybe some cheese on top if that’s your thing)
    1ynne likes this.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."

AVF Regular
    Pan fried chook and home made seasoned chips with garlic relish.
    Cigarettes: One of the few things known that will kill you if used "as directed".

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    Samiches! ham salad ones with cheese and beetroot and mortadella ones with cheese and tomato - I like samiches!

also came across this recipe tonight for cheese tea on the internet - Im thinking yolo will make it tomorrow - hope its nice!

Best Cheese Tea Recipe

AVF Regular
    Leftover marinated roast chook, going to chuck it into braised cabbage, garlic & onion, black bean, bean shoots, peas & a dash of worceunpronouncablesauce, kecap manis and 5 spice. With boiled rice with tsp cumin seeds in water.
    Cigarettes: One of the few things known that will kill you if used "as directed".

AVF Regular
    Ham steak and pineapple with chips and salad - then realized to my horror how terribly old fashioned (along with apricots and cooking rabbit it all is)

Used to be a kind of staple - but realized that I dont remember seeing any of the above in any cafe or restaurant or hearing people mention any of the above in a very long time....

Is this what it means to get older? or am I just getting more wonderful as a person?

Its very hard to tell .....

Dun..... dun.... dun...

Stay tuned for another episode of RATMs food lead self awareness spurt ... another time....
    Fatman, Hoofprint, DocM and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Chicken in a basket used to be on all the menus too Reb. Not any more.

Page 81 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast