Page 11 of 154 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree2669Likes

Thread: The Random Things I Learned Today Thread

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Brave View Post
    What I'm most curious about, is how someone might think that urination would impress anybody. One way or another, we all do it. The fact that it's hitting an electric fence would have to lose points rather than score them no?

Which reminds me:

Don't Whizz on the Electric Fence

If people want to aim for an electric fence and hit that itty bitty couple mm wire
    ill pay +100 for a direct shot, +1000 and a Golden Bucket for a direct hit while riding an animal, -10 for a miss.

Something my old man said to me as teen.

"Son, Never judge a person's fetish.
    It might not make sense, but everyone is entitled to a little happiness in their lives.
    and don't let anyone tell you cant have happiness"

AVF Regular
    Learned that when you are unfit you shouldn't attempt random 4km bush walks through the hills.. OMG Im paying for it today - my poor legs
    How can the NNA AU claim to represent vapers if they don't bother to talk to all of them?
    If they dont talk and listen to the whole vaping community, how can they know what vapers want or need?
    If most of the vaping community is ignored- who do the NNA AU really represent?

AVF Regular
    I learned that FPV (First Person View) Drone Racing is totally a thing.

Here's a a guy piloting a drone while watching the action/flight path via the inbuilt camera:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    "Son, Never judge a person's fetish.
    It might not make sense, but everyone is entitled to a little happiness in their lives.
    and don't let anyone tell you cant have happiness"
    I like that quote a lot Hoofprint. Admittedly, I find it difficult to understand what one might gain from a direct shot of electricity to the genitals, but you're right. Each their own I guess. Roll on the Golden Buckets!

Quote Originally Posted by RichoVonBlack View Post
    Lets just say his intellect is more towards the bottom end of the gene pool, I think it was a "look at me!, I'm a hard mofo!", he wasn't.
    At very least, people who maintain toilets would probably appreciate his accuracy. Who knows? They might even be impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Learned that when you are unfit you shouldn't attempt random 4km bush walks through the hills.. OMG Im paying for it today - my poor legs
    Ouch! Know that feeling well RATM. Sounds like you need to wash some of that lactic acid out of your leg muscles mate?
    There are two types of people in this world: those that can extrapolate from incomplete information.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Brave View Post
    I learned that FPV (First Person View) Drone Racing is totally a thing.

Here's a a guy piloting a drone while watching the action/flight path via the inbuilt camera:

Impressive .. meet the team and see how crazy these guys are , and the images they manage to fly with .. which are VERY different in quality to the ones you see from onboard recorded footage ... talented blokes !

Brave likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011
    AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Not to mention what you didnt see

Ouch and $$$'s
    Brave likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

AVF Regular
    The spatial awareness those guys have while flying at those speeds is nothing short of insane.

Almost inspiring enough to make me want to spring some cash for a little Cheerson or something, though I doubt my own flying skills would get me much further than the living room.

I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more of these devices in the coming years, and not just in media driven fear campaigns.
    Fatman likes this.
    There are two types of people in this world: those that can extrapolate from incomplete information.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RichoVonBlack View Post
    Today I learned what happens when watching a drunk idiot pee's on an electric fence to impress a "hot chick",,,,, wehad to take him to the Darwin hospital, and no, she wasn't.
    Have they Released you yet Richo?
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzme View Post
    Have they Released you yet Richo?
    I was to busy laughing my ass off to use my camera phone, the big sook threatened to thump me, from a curled up fetal position, while crying, then he remembered I don't drink, and I had a car, and I was bigger than him,,,, big bloody sook.
    Stomp, Fatman, bugzme and 4 others like this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

Super Moderator
    I learned today that being a grumpy old fart with "issues" makes you learn to laugh at yourself.

Neighbours want to extend a Pig Pen to the property border , which will entail replacing our existing fence ( something I have no drama with) but it involves digging holes, Did I mention I hate digging holes ? Well I do , cos the ground here is heavy clay and its a beearch ! With this is mind I thought eff it , and bought an 82cc Post hole digger ! A cheapy , but MAN! best thing EVAH! 300mm holes 600mm deep in a couple of minutes !
    It whacked out 4 holes nice and easy , but that was about the limit of my legs... I was half way thru prepping the ride-on for the first mow of the season when neighbour announced he wanted to do the holes , so I put that off ... after the 4 holes were done went back to finishing the prep on the old White ( mower) .. and after grumbling a lot and flooding it , it finally started and purred like a kitten !!! Life is getting better !
    Soooo I do the front half acre of the back yard , no drama at all , even tho the grass was a foot tall and a little wet .. OK I am bloody tired , my legs ache , my right knee got tweaked in a rabbit hole .. I KNOW I am gonna hurt like a mongrel tomorrow, but it wasnt so bad .... THEN!!!!

On a straight easy run I hear a CLUNK!! grrr from the back end of the mower and the drive stops dead ... I can tell you I went straight from hurting but good to wanting to pick it up and throw it thru a fence ! I was 110% sure I had just shat a transaxle ... and for the White , that's a fatal error ... I mean the thing is as ugly as sin , cuts ok , runs nice, but its nearly 40 years old and a diff blowup would have sealed its fate
    I was hoping for a broken belt maybe? .. nope intact... damn.. ok turn transaxle pully by hand , no resistance its just spinning there ... Rage and, dare I say it tears, were welling up lol I was in a world of physical pain and the last thing I needed was Financial pain too

It was a dark place I was in ... when I looked at the F-N-R shift lever on the rear left of the seat ... turns out a certain "Someone" who has a left thigh that has no feeling in it " MAY " have accidentally had his thigh pressing on the lever and knocked the damn thing into neutral while driving !!!
    Hence the clicks and BANG ! ... the sun came out again ... but I learnt that a grumpy hurty Fatman is only ever a few inches away from throwing spanners when he is like that
    JOB DONE ... but I warn you ... I KNOW I am not gonna be a pleasant fatty tomorrow .. you have been warned

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    I learned today that being a grumpy old fart with "issues" makes you learn to laugh at yourself.

Neighbours want to extend a Pig Pen to the property border , which will entail replacing our existing fence ( something I have no drama with) but it involves digging holes, Did I mention I hate digging holes ? Well I do , cos the ground here is heavy clay and its a beearch ! With this is mind I thought eff it , and bought an 82cc Post hole digger ! A cheapy , but MAN! best thing EVAH! 300mm holes 600mm deep in a couple of minutes !
    It whacked out 4 holes nice and easy , but that was about the limit of my legs... I was half way thru prepping the ride-on for the first mow of the season when neighbour announced he wanted to do the holes , so I put that off ... after the 4 holes were done went back to finishing the prep on the old White ( mower) .. and after grumbling a lot and flooding it , it finally started and purred like a kitten !!! Life is getting better !
    Soooo I do the front half acre of the back yard , no drama at all , even tho the grass was a foot tall and a little wet .. OK I am bloody tired , my legs ache , my right knee got tweaked in a rabbit hole .. I KNOW I am gonna hurt like a mongrel tomorrow, but it wasnt so bad .... THEN!!!!

On a straight easy run I hear a CLUNK!! grrr from the back end of the mower and the drive stops dead ... I can tell you I went straight from hurting but good to wanting to pick it up and throw it thru a fence ! I was 110% sure I had just shat a transaxle ... and for the White , that's a fatal error ... I mean the thing is as ugly as sin , cuts ok , runs nice, but its nearly 40 years old and a diff blowup would have sealed its fate
    I was hoping for a broken belt maybe? .. nope intact... damn.. ok turn transaxle pully by hand , no resistance its just spinning there ... Rage and, dare I say it tears, were welling up lol I was in a world of physical pain and the last thing I needed was Financial pain too

It was a dark place I was in ... when I looked at the F-N-R shift lever on the rear left of the seat ... turns out a certain "Someone" who has a left thigh that has no feeling in it " MAY " have accidentally had his thigh pressing on the lever and knocked the damn thing into neutral while driving !!!
    Hence the clicks and BANG ! ... the sun came out again ... but I learnt that a grumpy hurty Fatman is only ever a few inches away from throwing spanners when he is like that
    JOB DONE ... but I warn you ... I KNOW I am not gonna be a pleasant fatty tomorrow .. you have been warned
    Hahahaha always look on the dark side of life......to do....to do....to do ..to do...
    gtadmin, Fatman, CCVaper and 3 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Page 11 of 154 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast