Page 143 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1469
Like Tree2524Likes

Thread: The Random Things I Learned Today Thread

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Sometimes its easy to miss the obvious especially if its so common it becomes easy to miss

Lithium is a metal thats used in batteries(well doh!) but its also the stuff they use in psychotropic medicine and Australia is one of the largest producers of the stuff - it is element number 3 on the element chart

Lithium - The Lightest Metal on Earth

Facts About Lithium

I still can't believe they use Lithium in medicine. They gave it to me once and a friend of mine thought I was on Heroin which I would never ever touch.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    you would be surprised some of the shit they cram into medicine.

warfarin for heart problems is used as an ingredient in Ratsak

emu
    AVF Regular
    Never ceases to amaze me how everything comes out of the ground, cars, houses, electronics, food, you name it anything and everything we make and use comes out of the ground.
    I can't think of anything that doesn't.

AVF Regular
    Meteors

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire
    Anything I write on AVF is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could be wrong)
    Please read the AVF rules: http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum...ions-bans.html
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)

AVF Regular
    Well.. today I randomly learned that people are taking masturbation breaks at work.. well Its not something I have ever really considered before but fapping may well be the new smoke break? So there is that ...
    Should we be taking masturbation breaks at work? | Metro News

Iridium comes from meteorites - It is used for cancer and may well be the cause of the dinosaur wipe
    Iridium, Chemical Element - reaction, water, uses, elements, examples, metal, number, name

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely_Whiplash View Post
    Meteors
    emu likes this.
    How can the NNA AU claim to represent vapers if they don't bother to talk to all of them?
    If they dont talk and listen to the whole vaping community, how can they know what vapers want or need?
    If most of the vaping community is ignored- who do the NNA AU really represent?

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post

Iridium comes from meteorites - It is used for cancer and may well be the cause of the dinosaur wipe
    Iridium, Chemical Element - reaction, water, uses, elements, examples, metal, number, name
    Yeah but the whole world came from meteorites which is what amazes me how everything we use and make is born in the earth, just sayin.

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Today I learned that my 12 year old nephew told his religion teacher off in front of the whole class for denigrating gay people. He told her that he loves his gay aunt when she said we need to hate some things...like gays.

I asked him what his friends thought, fearing he may be ostracized, and he said, no they think you are really cool. They know all about you; that you're a gamer and everything.

The teacher is now on an 'extended holiday' for at least a year.

My heart just burst with love and pride for him.
    giruvian, gtadmin, Stomp and 6 others like this.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    A bunch of life Hacks

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire
    Anything I write on AVF is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could be wrong)
    Please read the AVF rules: http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum...ions-bans.html
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)

AVF Regular
    This morning I randomly learned

Alcohol withdrawal can be fatal and so some hospitals keep beer on hand to help the process along
    25 Interesting Facts About Hospitals | KickassFacts.com

There is no word that describes a collective of kolas becuase they are such solitary animals
    https://www.savethekoala.com/about-k...sked-questions

There was a man who robbed a bank cause he said that jail was better than being with his wife
    Man Claims He Robbed Bank Because Jail Is Better Than His Wife

To make a sword out of the blood of your enemies, you will have to kill 359 people to get enough iron from their blood to make a long sword.
    Fun Facts That Sound Fake (But They're Not) | Bayside Journal

The Platypus has no nipples so in order to feed its young it secrets milk from its pores
    6 Terrifying Things You Didn't Know about the Platypus

In ancient Egypt when a cat died the whole family would shave thier eyebrows
    Ancient Egypt Online: Cats in Ancient Egypt

Nutella to give you cancer? (TLDR palm oil)
    Could Nutella give you CANCER? Chocolate spread maker embroiled in controversy over claims key ingredient is carcinogenic | Daily Mail Online

so this is what I have learned so far .. Have a good one!

When a cat died, their human family would go into a deep mourning and shave their eyebrows.
    How can the NNA AU claim to represent vapers if they don't bother to talk to all of them?
    If they dont talk and listen to the whole vaping community, how can they know what vapers want or need?
    If most of the vaping community is ignored- who do the NNA AU really represent?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Never ceases to amaze me how everything comes out of the ground, cars, houses, electronics, food, you name it anything and everything we make and use comes out of the ground.
    I can't think of anything that doesn't.
    Solar radiation

(and meteors... and UFO's... and I suspect GT too, because he is a robot from a distant planet )
    Last edited by Fatman; 12-01-17 at 11:34 AM.
    giruvian, gtadmin, merexy and 2 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011
    AVF Rules , Read and understand them