Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1540
Like Tree2669Likes

Thread: The Random Things I Learned Today Thread

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Xbb View Post
    I learnt today that when you reach 100 posts you change from AVF newbie be nice to me to AVF Regular.
    Please feel free to hurt my feelings when I post something stupid.
    you did it in under 6 years too
    Flea, Xbb, fabricator4 and 1 others like this.
    Quit date: 22/11/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Xbb View Post
    Please feel free to hurt my feelings when I post something stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    you did it in under 6 years too
    I heard the rim shot and symbol crash after that line :-D
    Xbb, DogMan and merexy like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Xbb
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I heard the rim shot and symbol crash after that line :-D
    Well I may not be a post whore like some people around here but not doing too bad over the last month or so.

I need to ask a mod where my 2011 posts went. I was only gone for 5 years. I can't believe anyone would think I wasn't coming back.
    There weren't many of them but they were pure gold.

AVF Regular
    That moment when you see something funny and disgusting at the same time.

Owner of a dog farts in retaliation from the dogs previous effort,
    Dog takes one whiff runs from the room, spins around in a circle , slams into a flyscreen door then throws up.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post

Dog takes one whiff runs from the room, spins around in a circle , slams into a flyscreen door

its bad that im laughing hard at this its worse one of my cats did the same thing with the door while i was laughing
    Cat likes this.

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Too funny Hoof and Saph
    emu likes this.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

emu
    AVF Regular
    That's the mowing done, edges and all raked.

Time for a cuppa, vape and snuff.
    Cat likes this.

Emow ( lol ) - Melo lll mini - Geek Vape Ammit - Eleaf GS Air ( Big One )
    Tsunami 24 plus ( I can see in the window ) - Eleaf Melo 300
    Eleaf 40 watt TC - Pico - Kanger Dripbox 160 watt Squonker - Smok Skyhook RDTA - Ijoy Maxo Quad
    Gave the rest away

AVF Regular
    It kinda feels appropriate that durex condoms now owns a baby formula brand...
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/makers-of-durex-condoms-now-also-own-baby-formula-brand_us_589ddd7be4b03df370d5a508

Some animals previously endangered have been fighting back
    https://www.theguardian.com/environment/shortcuts/2016/sep/05/giant-panda-animals-removal-endangered-list

Some are pushing for a space agency in Australia - however according to comments if we were to have one it would be our thierd attempt- I had no idea
    https://theconversation.com/why-its-time-for-australia-to-launch-its-own-space-agency-72735

In the NT it is ok to taser kids... (in all honesty I agree some 'kids" are pretty huge and adult sized
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-13/nt-childrens-commissioner-says-tasers-use-can-be-acceptable/8266930

bloody kids and their trends....now they are making their own braces instead of paying orthodontists....
    http://www.viralsearches.com/kids-are-skipping-the-orthodontist-making-their-own-braces/

A chinese farmer was so determined to sue a chemical company he studied law for 16 years
    Chinese Farmer Spends 16 Years Sudying Law So He Could Sue Chemical Company That Polluted His Land | Oddity Central - Collecting Oddities

This is how somw chinese companies have been punishing workers
    http://www.weirdasianews.com/2017/01/08/three-bizarre-ways-chinese-companies-punished-workers/

Most nails hammered with the head
    <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Roboto, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 20px;">

And lastly when asked about how the rain had affected this farmer - the appropriate answer was to pull out a piglet and breastfeed it on tv it seems
    Reporter left speechless after interviewee begins breastfeeding a PIG live on television - Mirror Online

Have a good one!
    How can the NNA AU claim to represent vapers if they don't bother to talk to all of them?
    If they dont talk and listen to the whole vaping community, how can they know what vapers want or need?
    If most of the vaping community is ignored- who do the NNA AU really represent?

AVF Regular
    I'm trained in working in confined spaces, so not exactly learned in this case, but reminded of.

If someone collapses in a confined space like a sewer pit, drainage pit, tank, or a wall cavity, do NOT go rushing in after them:

Quote Originally Posted by The Daily Telegraph
    Three elderly people have been found dead in a water tank in the state’s Southern Tablelands

The bodies of two men and a woman, all aged in their 60s, were discovered in an empty ground cement tank on a remote property at Gunning, located between Goulburn and Yass.

Emergency services were called about 6.20pm last night with reports a man had collapsed inside the tank. Another man and a woman climbed down into to the tank to try and get the man out but they also collapsed.

Investigators are looking at whether emissions from a petrol engine, possibly a pump in or near the well, contributed to the deaths. A gas detector has found high levels of carbon monoxide in the tank. Police said post-mortem examinations, to be carried out over the coming days, would help piece together what happened.

Police will address media later this morning. Read more: No Cookies | Daily Telegraph
    The report is incorrect in one detail: The most likely problem was carbon monoxide, not carbon dioxide as it states.

In the case of carbon dioxide you will have a rising sense of anxiety and rapid breathing, as long as the oxygen content stays over 18%. As soon as you get into fresh air you should be fine.

Carbon monoxide however will give no warning for short term exposure. Removing the victim to fresh air may not be successful as the carbon monoxide displaces oxygen in the blood and takes a long time to be cleaned out after exposure.

While most modern car engines no longer put out large amounts of carbon monoxide due to improvements in efficiency, small petrol engines do not usually have these improvements in them (Briggs and Stratton have hardly changed their design in 40 years for example).
    Last edited by fabricator4; 17-02-17 at 02:34 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Tonight i randomly learned

that we are getting a new 10 dollar note
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/34437387...feiters/#page1

A new continent has been discovered off our and NZ coast- it is called Zealandia
    Scientists discover 'Zealandia' - a hidden continent off the coast of Australia

Toyota only sold one Prius in December last year in china
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...and-disappears

A court actually decided on what a snuggie actually is
    Trade Court Rules That Snuggie Is Blanket, Not Robe, for Tariff Purposes

Apparently it is recommeded that you change your pillow every two years cause it becomes just that gross
    Change your pillow every 2 years its full of faeces

The queen pays 30,000 pounds for people to tweet for her
    The queen is offering to pay you 30k a year to tweet for her | Metro News

Mc donalds have invented a new straw for those who dont want to suck hard?
    McDonald's invents amazing milkshake straw that means you 'don't have to suck hard' - Mirror Online

This guy earns his keep by lifting things with his eyelids
    Fearless strongman lifts bricks with his EYELIDS while standing on nails and bends iron rods with his teeth - Mirror Online

oh and gene editing may actually mean an end to cancer - which leads me to wondering about where that would leave the anti smoke lobby and others like them?
    Fearless strongman lifts bricks with his EYELIDS while standing on nails and bends iron rods with his teeth - Mirror Online
    How can the NNA AU claim to represent vapers if they don't bother to talk to all of them?
    If they dont talk and listen to the whole vaping community, how can they know what vapers want or need?
    If most of the vaping community is ignored- who do the NNA AU really represent?