Page 176 of 251 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2504
Like Tree4881Likes

Thread: The Random Things I Learned Today Thread

AVF Regular
    Fidget Spinners With Bluetooth Speakers Catching on Fire While Charging, Moms Sayfidget-spinners-bluetooth-catching-fire/?src=nl&mag=pop&list=nl_pnl_news&date=070117

AVF Regular
    There is a very rare syndrome that does nothing other than make your hair messy as you are growing up???
    Little girl has hair that's impossible to tame thanks to her uncombable hair syndrome | Metro News

An 18th century erect penis is worth 100,000 pounds uk - but I suppose it is an interesting penis? OMG imagine being remembered in history for this...
    7-inch long mummified erect penis from hanged crook goes on display at UK museum | Weird | News | Express.co.uk

Wacken is a German festival in August - this year they are digging 7k worth of pipes to run beer through for patrons
    German metalheads construct beer pipeline for Wacken | Music | DW | 23.05.2017

Australia recently discovered faceless fish out in the deep ocean - it was thought to be extinct about a century ago
    ‚€˜Faceless‚€™ Fish Seen for First Time in Over a Century

The word meme was actually a by product of Richard Dawkins...pretty interesting actually
    What is a 'Meme'? | Mental Floss

This is what happens when you go to market and break something that is over priced by about 44k
    Woman faints after accidentally breaking $44K bracelet at a shop in China

Kangaroos herding sheep when you are not looking?
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/3616...r-backs/#page1

So thats what I learned today .. hoping your day or night is a good one
    gert, Fatman, Tara and 4 others like this.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

AVF Regular
    Those are wonderful Rebel,

I think the uncombable hair syndrome has to be my favorite,
    Poor kid, hope they find a cure before she goes into her teenage "why arent I beautiful?" years,

AVF Regular
    2/12/2016

AVF Regular
    Guy tells wife that hes going to go buy cigarettes- but instead flies to russia for soccer
    Mexican Fan Tells Wife He's Going to Get Cigarettes, Flies to Russia For Confederations Cup Instead

hmmm... You can now snort chocolate — but should you?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f28195504caa

Are goats taking jobs from union workers?
    Are goats taking jobs from union workers?

Sometimes its actually handy being an athlete...
    Professional runner from Kenya outruns two black bears while training in Maine woods

Weedkiller could make cane toads deadlier, study (Wonders if it will give those who lick cane toads as a hobby super powers?)

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/36271320...eadlier/#page1

It turns out that not only do we have to consider the chilluns - but also those with dementia- as more adults than children have died from eating laundry pods...

Laundry Pods Can Be Fatal for Adults With Dementia - NBC News

oh and some survey by some big company has revealed that marrs green is the worlds favorite colour... (Its not bad- its ok imho)
    https://www.dezeen.com/2017/07/05/marrs-green-revealed-gf-smith-worlds-favourite-colour-design-news/#disqus_thread

So thats what I learned today - hoping you are having a nice night
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

AVF Regular
    I just learned that there's a drug called Ibogaine that can cure opiate addiction. People treated with it also report incidentally no longer craving tobacco. It seems like it's an addiction "reset" button that works like a magic bullet, at least for some people.

Treatment with Ibogaine seems to be used in Canada and Mexico, but not in the US or Australia, or almost anywhere else. Even in those countries where it's used it doesn't appear to the be the first port of call. Obviously there's more to this story.

¬Ľ How We Almost Cured Addiction: The Strange History of the Ibogaine Movement in the United States. - The Daily Transmission

Ibogaine is an hallucinogen. For this reason it seems to have been pretty easy to suppress it. (it looks like a drug, therefore we should suppress it). Now why is that story familiar?

But it seems that drug companies don't really want a cheap one-shot solution to the problems of addiction. MUCH better (for them) to use drugs that need to be administered in an on-going basis. Stuff them... they are just addicts.

If drugs of dependency re-wire the brain to require a constant supply, for some reason Ibogaine wires it back again, essentially a "reset".

I'm wondering if it should also be trialled for mental health issues, depression etc where the problem is the brain not producing enough endorphins.

Am I missing something? What is the real story of Ibogaine?
    Last edited by fabricator4; 10-07-17 at 10:16 AM.
    Northerner, rockmoose and Boots like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Hey Fab, I've read on it before.

The thing to remember with Ibogaine is that it's a very powerful hallucinogen and needs to administered in a very controlled environment for it to be safe and effective. There's many reports of people trying to cure addiction with it at home and ending up with PTSD and other horror stories.

Like DMT and other entheogens it is a medicine that shows much potential in treatment for many things, but is very unlikely to become legal in our post Nixon-esque government. There's currently no way to stop the misinformation and social conditioning. Any drug that alters your mental state, except taxable alcohol and pharmaceuticals, is evil. Remember that kids.

Maybe in a generation or two there will be enough independent research and community pressure to mainstream this sort of therapy.

edit: So in summary, yeah, a patient cured is a patient lost. There's no financial incentive for companies to develop, test and prove the efficacy of entheogenic compounds because they have been used by man for 1000's of years. They've been public domain since before the pyramids were being built. It's only in the last 50 years that they have ever been against any law globally. Plant medicines are legal in many countries now still. They are time honoured traditional teaching and healing compounds, it's not news, but the information has been successfully suppressed for generations in western society. It is coming to the forefront again though. Freedom of information on the internet is facilitating it. Woo yay for the free internet and unfiltered knowledge!
    Last edited by Northerner; 10-07-17 at 01:15 PM.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    You can add magic mushrooms at low doses to treat migrains as well.
    fabricator4, Northerner and Boots like this.

AVF Regular
    fabricator4, Northerner and Boots like this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    There's a whole range of plant medicines that are deemed schedule 9 in Australia for no other reason than the government can't control them. The potential for abuse is very very low, but the biggest threat they pose to society is to consumerism itself. It's not uncommon for people who have tried these plants to realise that they don't need all this stuff that seems so important. Depression and fear ease, people begin to see what is real, on the scale that it is real. It's not only the self realisation that brings an end to substance dependence and "mental illness", but a much greater realisation and perception of the world around us. It's impossible to believe myths and the untruths when people have seen with their own eyes.
    Midlife, 1ynne, rockmoose and 1 others like this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.