Page 184 of 185 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 1850
Like Tree3303Likes

Thread: The Random Things I Learned Today Thread

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Top Tip: Once you make the magical blue smoke appear from any electronic equipment, you cant get it back in....people have tried
    NOT THE BLUE SMOKE *panics*
    stylemessiah likes this.
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    You know you won't be able to help yourself. Tennant was my pick too, but you never know...

They've talked about fem Whos before, but didn't have the story line to fit. See what happens eh?
    Ever seen the Paul McGann movie? I thought it was tops.
    If I only knew now what I thought I knew then.

Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    More fricking rot...the couple who want peanuts banned on Qantas flights because their kid had a reaction to peanuts on a flight

Hang on, the rest of society will now commence removing all peanuts from the earth, and while we're at it, we'll also bubblewrap everything so your precious doesnt hurt himself on something pointy

Of course, none of this would be needed if you know, behaved like a fricking parent..

But no, lets punish everyone because you cant do your job...you chose to have a child, youre responsible for it, not the rest of society...

Makes you wonder how mankind got this far dont it?
    The little darling was only on the same flight as the person that opened the packet and inhaled in the wrong space according to ABC news tonight. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-1...arning/8715080
    Last edited by DocM; 18-07-17 at 02:22 AM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    The little darling was only on the same flight as the person that opened the packet and inhaled in the wrong space according to ABC news tonight.
    Apparently "everyone" around the chosen one opened their peanut packets at exactly the same time and a mist of peanut stuff descended from the air. These people reek of having an agenda.

We must find out who all these people are who are simultaneously opening peanut packets to try and kill the kiddies and have them publicly flogged because the chosen ones parents didnt think to perhaps be a parent and get the kid a mask...everyone knows there is a high chance of peanuts being on a long haul flight. they had 4 epipens on them, whats a fricking mask cost if youre that worried...no you'd rather be reactive and jab needles in your kid....that makes perfect sense. I was barely 3 when the concept of prevention being better than a cure was made clear to me. These are grown ass people, so whats their excuse exactly.

Ive been sick for many months, im not going to Bowral to the nursing home this week again because theyre again in lockdown due to gastro. Sure i could go, and possibly get sick on top of my known issue, and then blame literally everyone else, but that just doesnt seem rational to me...

I was wrong in my OP about this, it was Singapore Airlines, sadly Qantas pillowed to the pressure of the 0.6 – 1.0 % of people years ago who have peanut allergy, because penalising 99-99.4% of the population seems rational. you can still get pissed on a plane though and make everyones flight a nightmare, but we cant have peanuts on there....

p.s. i hate peanuts, the last thing to ever make me vomit, when i was 8, was peanut butter.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 25/06/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Eh just a sad but pretty story that I heard about telling the bees and loyalty by insects and some animals - the telling of the bees thing I found particularly pretty somehow
    Nice story but it would require some faith in the interconnectedness of life on earth. I'm not a believer, but it does make you wonder.

oh and that for all the money they spent on the hadron collider we dont actually know what would happen if you put your hand in it - all things are just speculation...
    Speculate no more. A Russian scientist stuck his head inside a particle accelerator. Not on purpose of course, he did not expect it to be on since there are supposed to be safety mechanisms to prevent that but it really did happen:
    https://qz.com/964065/this-is-what-h...e-accelerator/

My understanding is that that tube is supposed to be under the hardest vacuum possible, not open to the lab, so that most probably contributed to his survival. Still, I think it's about as close as we are going to get to answering that particular question. Certainly close enough for me.

ETA: here's another and better article on the particle beam accident: http://www.todayifoundout.com/index....e-accelerator/
    Last edited by fabricator4; 18-07-17 at 01:33 AM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Speculate no more. A Russian scientist stuck his head inside a particle accelerator. Not on purpose of course, he did not expect it to be on since there are supposed to be safety mechanisms to prevent that but it really did happen:

My understanding is that that tube is supposed to be under the hardest vacuum possible, not open to the lab, so that most probably contributed to his survival. Still, I think it's about as close as we are going to get to answering that particular question. Certainly close enough for me.
    I was a bit disappointed when they first turned it on and it didnt suck us all into a singularity because i really wanna know whats on the other side of a black hole, and im comfy with taking you all with me to find out
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 25/06/17

AVF Regular
    Ever seen the Paul McGann movie? I thought it was tops.
    Yes, they've done some really great stuff. It was interesting seeing how they pulled all of the story surrounding the various doctors together into one timeline. That shouldn't even have been possible LOL.
    Fatman and stylemessiah like this.

Yes, they've done some really great stuff. It was interesting seeing how they pulled all of the story surrounding the various doctors together into one timeline. That shouldn't even have been possible LOL.
    Who ...(pardon the pun) here would like a vape machine that resembles a sonic screwdriver?
    Fatman and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Regular
    Lol fab I like the wondering an am very prone to it (in case you didnt notice ) - it makes the world for all its faults an amazing place for me - shakespeare quote comes to mind

“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.”

The older I get, the more I read, the more true this becomes in many ways

Checked out your article on the hadron accident - Thats pretty amazing too! and the fact that he survived- bet he surprised a few people with his survival as well- it is a sh*it tho that for all he studying and phd and the first accident of this type that he was denied his free meds and the opportunity to work with western scientists - science in many ways is terribly underfunded and under rated

Nice story but it would require some faith in the interconnectedness of life on earth. I'm not a believer, but it does make you wonder.

ETA: here's another and better article on the particle beam accident: What Happens When You Stick Your Head Into a Particle Accelerator
    fabricator4 likes this.
    NNA AU and general vape advocacy in Australia summed up-
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...
    Secrecy for the greater good... Enemies are everywhere

"If you see something ...Say say nothing...
    Then drink to forget ..."
    One of us... one of us...one of us....

AVF Regular
    Who ...(pardon the pun) here would like a vape machine that resembles a sonic screwdriver?
    Also done LOL

And several steampunk versions:

And I'm sure it partly inspired the Innokin 134:

Fatman, DocM and stylemessiah like this.