Page 207 of 215 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2149
Like Tree4096Likes

Thread: The Random Things I Learned Today Thread

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    NSW Be Afraid, my aunt got her license back.

The only reason im saying NSW she is still banned from driving in 3 other states >.<
    Well jeez, I'm glad I stopped 150km north of the border.
    Fatman, Hoofprint, DocM and 2 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    She lost her license after driving from Wollongong NSW to Esperance WA (3350 kms) in 20ish hours.
    Thats roughly an average speed of 160km/hr with out breaks......

She had actually lost her points just of the tickets in NSW, so all the tickets in SA and WA had the added bonus of driving an uninsured car and no licence.
    DocM, stylemessiah and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Wish they'd ban a lot more over here, to many really old folks behind the wheel these days. Everytime we go out they're causing chaos, just the other day an old dear mounted the kerb outside woolies and took out some poor lady, blood everywhere but she survived luckily. The old fossil driving didn't even have a licence
    I just had one this morning. Sped up to cut me off while I was trying to merge, then tailgated the car in front. One minutes later she's taking the same two lane exit off the highway (80km/h zone) as me, but since she was tailgating she couldn't see in front of the car - exited mostly in the right lane, then swooped over into the left lane.

I reserve a very special FU for people who try to wrap their front doors around the front of my car twice in one minute. I thought it was some 17 yo running without red 'P' plates but Mrs Fab assures me it was an old dear. That was the third such driver this morning; I've spoken about Mackay drivers before but it was still a shock to come back to.
    DocM, stylemessiah and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    She lost her license after driving from Wollongong NSW to Esperance WA (3350 kms) in 20ish hours.
    Thats roughly an average speed of 160km/hr with out breaks......

She had actually lost her points just of the tickets in NSW, so all the tickets in SA and WA had the added bonus of driving an uninsured car and no licence.
    That's a serious effort LOL. I would not, and never did have, the endurance to perform such a feat. I think she still had a license until she paid the fines, unless they came and found her to take the license away.

With the speed cameras and highway patrols all over the place these days no one gets away with that stuff any more. Not for long anyway.
    DocM and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Regular
    Wish they'd ban a lot more over here, to many really old folks behind the wheel these days. Everytime we go out they're causing chaos, just the other day an old dear mounted the kerb outside woolies and took out some poor lady, blood everywhere but she survived luckily. The old fossil driving didn't even have a licence
    Define OLD Emu. Over 40, 50?
    emu likes this.
    Now with the eloquence and disposition of Porky Pig

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    That's a serious effort LOL. I would not, and never did have, the endurance to perform such a feat. I think she still had a license until she paid the fines, unless they came and found her to take the license away.

With the speed cameras and highway patrols all over the place these days no one gets away with that stuff any more. Not for long anyway.
    We should pass the hat around to get people like this satellite tracked and micro-chipped so we know when we are safe to leave home! Unless it's me on the way to getting a takeaway feed or vapemeet.
    I'll have a DB5 or Vanquish with the standard issue s2s missiles thanks while the hat's going round.
    Last edited by DocM; 11-09-17 at 02:04 PM.
    stylemessiah and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Meanwhile this morning my twitter feed was missing the tweet from yesterday about the Coalition For Marriage, i assume the poor fundacatholics got butthurt and whined to Twitter.

Apparently no tolerance at all with that lot....

No mind, i just (re)tweeted) it...
    fabricator4, DocM, 1ynne and 1 others like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Meanwhile this morning my twitter feed was missing the tweet from yesterday about the Coalition For Marriage, i assume the poor fundacatholics got butthurt and whined to Twitter.

Apparently no tolerance at all with that lot....

No mind, i just (re)tweeted) it...
    Isn't it that side of the paddock that's always howling about their right to free speech, and bigotry?
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    Define OLD Emu. Over 40, 50?
    70 plus, you can spot em a mile away just look for the car doing half the speed limit (even in 110 kmh zone) , usually a small car with a walking stick hanging behind the headrest and lane changes are performed without turning the head to check the blind spot.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    70 plus, you can spot em a mile away just look for the car doing half the speed limit (even in 110 kmh zone) , usually a small car with a walking stick hanging behind the headrest and lane changes are performed without turning the head to check the blind spot.
    In the good ol' days it was the lawn bowls hat on the rear parcel shelf of the Volvo that was the warning sign, mirrors are for lippy & eyeliner and hairdo. Nothing else.
    fabricator4, stylemessiah and emu like this.