Page 208 of 215 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2142
Like Tree4075Likes

Thread: The Random Things I Learned Today Thread

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Meanwhile this morning my twitter feed was missing the tweet from yesterday about the Coalition For Marriage, i assume the poor fundacatholics got butthurt and whined to Twitter.

Apparently no tolerance at all with that lot....

No mind, i just (re)tweeted) it...
    Damn the torpedoes Style! Not long ago you were minutely whining about the overmodding here!
    Are these the same silly hat & coat wearing tribe that allow the kiddies in the choir and congregation being interfered with and traumatised and then demonised(sic) further in adulthood? Hypocritical and cashed up gits! False ideologues.
    Now with the eloquence and disposition of Porky Pig

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    I learned today was Monday.
    Until I went out I thought it was Saturday.
    fabricator4 and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    TILT.
    The Victorian government is considering the increase in bicycle v car accidents and are looking at either banning bikes or building more bike lanes to address the issue. IMHO registration of bikes and licensing riders is the point to be looked at. In, Victoria atm and in history, both bike & rider are not paying for anything at all on the roads, except lattes or a cheeky Chardonnay while being a menace for free, be it any bike lane nor TAC or 3rd party insurance, so it is up to the car drivers insurances to cover them? Cop that fellow motorists. I don't mind if they're under 18. Tap in on the taxes the churches and multinational corporations avoid to keep the Lycra set and walk like having a pineapple up the freckle set peddling. Doubles as an 'F off' post too. I saved a tree!
    Hoofprint and emu like this.
    Now with the eloquence and disposition of Porky Pig

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    car drivers insurances to cover them?
    heres a secret if you want to do your part to cull those idiot bike riders.

when they are zipping around stopped traffic, open your car door for them to plow into.
    no insurance company will take the riders side and ive never seen a rider need a second lesson
    stylemessiah and blox4u like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    heres a secret if you want to do your part to cull those idiot bike riders.

when they are zipping around stopped traffic, open your car door for them to plow into.
    no insurance company will take the riders side and ive never seen a rider need a second lesson
    Ah, an old school door checking...
    fabricator4, Hoofprint and blox4u like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    TILT.
    The Victorian government is considering the increase in bicycle v car accidents and are looking at either banning bikes or building more bike lanes to address the issue. IMHO registration of bikes and licensing riders is the point to be looked at. In, Victoria atm and in history, both bike & rider are not paying for anything at all on the roads, except lattes or a cheeky Chardonnay while being a menace for free, be it any bike lane nor TAC or 3rd party insurance, so it is up to the car drivers insurances to cover them? Cop that fellow motorists. I don't mind if they're under 18. Tap in on the taxes the churches and multinational corporations avoid to keep the Lycra set and walk like having a pineapple up the freckle set peddling. Doubles as an 'F off' post too. I saved a tree!

I just love it (read with extreme sarcasm) when they ride in a group and take up half the left lane in an 80km/h zone, causing trucks and cars traveling at different speeds and with different stopping distances to suddenly have to merge into one lane to avoid them and give them the 1.5 meter clearance that Queensland law requires.

Ride in single file on the left side the road like you are supposed to on a training run. Just 'cause you're in some stupid spandex club and don't work on a Saturday morning, it doesn't meant that the rest of the bloody country is on holiday too. Fair dinkum, some poor old dear with bad eyesight and poor reflexes is going to plow them off the road one day. Anyone else who causes that kind of obstruction would need Transport Authority approval to lower the speed limit, and would be required to provide warning signs and lane control.

Sorry, I think you hit a nerve...
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I think you lot need to get out and ride a bike. Its a bit like all car drivers should have to spend a year riding a motorbike to understand the life dealing with idiots on the road.
    See how long it takes you in peak hour traffic to change your minds on how to survive on a pushbike.
    That said there are a lot of idiots that ride motorbikes and pushbikes but you do find them every where you look.....even on vaping forums.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Midlife View Post
    I think you lot need to get out and ride a bike.
    I did and came to one undeniable conclusion.
    If i pulled over onto the side of road and let cars pass instead of being a **** hogging a lane. I was 99.9999999999999999% less likely of inducing road rage and putting myself and others at risk.

But sigh this is city folk we are talking about intelligence was never their strong suit
    Last edited by Hoofprint; 11-09-17 at 11:34 PM.
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    I think you lot need to get out and ride a bike. Its a bit like all car drivers should have to spend a year riding a motorbike to understand the life dealing with idiots on the road.
    See how long it takes you in peak hour traffic to change your minds on how to survive on a pushbike.
    That said there are a lot of idiots that ride motorbikes and pushbikes but you do find them every where you look.....even on vaping forums.
    No way would I ride a bike in peak hour traffic. There's too many cars with loose nuts holding the steering wheels.

I did see a bike rider very nearly skittled last week. Twice. Peak hour traffic and this guy was crossing over between the cars that were stopped in a long line at the lights. I think he wanted to turn right and thought it would be safer to cross before the lights and get to the the opposite corner, then do the same thing on the change to get on the right (left) side of the road. Trouble is, just because there's two lanes of traffic stopped doesn't mean that a car won't come down the right turn lane doing 40km/h just as he comes out into the turn lane. Idiot. The car barely stopped in time. He was so rattled he finished crossing the road, then was almost run over by a car turning left into the street he was crossing. He was not a kid, he was an adult old enough to have a drivers license, but you have to wonder how he got to be an adult, and if he actually does drive a car.

I do get it - I like anything with two wheels but what they are doing to the roads these days usually does not take bicycles into any kind of consideration. Roads that used to be two lanes each way with parallel parking have been converted into four lanes each way and no parking. That means the lanes are all about a meter narrower than they need to be to accommodate push bikes. It used to be that all you had to worry about on a push bike was some idiot in a parked car opening their door on you, but you could usually spot them (thank goodness for front brakes eh?) but at least everyone had enough room.
    Midlife and blox4u like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Got me there I used to ride motorbikes and still ride my pushy, am an idiot and on forums.
    fabricator4 and Tara like this.