Page 210 of 248 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2477
Like Tree4822Likes

Thread: The Random Things I Learned Today Thread

  1. #2091
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    SW Victoria
    Posts
    3,801
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    I like the rain ... but my lawns are getting too high again- am not looking forward to mowing them
    If I tried to get the mower out it would sink in 6 feet of mud.

  2. #2092
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,159
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    and cold

    colder than cold

    and grey

    greyer than grey


    I am over it

    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

  3. #2093
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Griffith, NSW
    Posts
    3,029
    i love mowing my lawn.... well i love the thought of mowing my lawn cause i dont do it.

    I refused to bail to a young pups mowing service after my old guy had heart problems.
    He comes around when it suits him and it only costs me $50 cash for mow/snip/tidy/blow/weed spray.

  4. #2094
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    SW Victoria
    Posts
    3,801
    Two weeks into the month and we've had 82.5mm of rain........

  5. #2095
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    victoria
    Posts
    4,857
    I wont call the local mower guy - tried that last year - he tried to charge me $90 just to whipper snipper- then a couple of weeks later $90 to whipper snipper again and then he planned on doing my lawns for another $90- (and its not the first time in my history of calling mower men they have tried to rip off or over charge) so nope I am over mower people


    On the other side been slowly shopping for the last gift for xmas - and I have to get him one - problem is he is a gamer and a transvestite not transexual) - which normally would be no problem but the thing is he is not into game merchandise and doesnt know I know he is a transvestite

    but where there is a will there is a way - So learning how difficult it is to shop for someone for something they would really like - without them cottoning onto what you actually know -

    Might just buy something really pretty and call it a 'gag gift' ...

    Ahh the things we do ... at least life is not always boring




    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    i love mowing my lawn.... well i love the thought of mowing my lawn cause i dont do it.

    I refused to bail to a young pups mowing service after my old guy had heart problems.
    He comes around when it suits him and it only costs me $50 cash for mow/snip/tidy/blow/weed spray.
    merexy, Hoofprint, DocM and 1 others like this.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

    You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

  6. #2096
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,120
    or... innovative Xmas pressent thought ... buy him a lawn mower... why ? just cos !!

    What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

  7. #2097
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Griffith, NSW
    Posts
    3,029
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    I wont call the local mower guy - tried that last year - he tried to charge me $90 just to whipper snipper- then a couple of weeks later $90 to whipper snipper again and then he planned on doing my lawns for another $90- (and its not the first time in my history of calling mower men they have tried to rip off or over charge) so nope I am over mower people


    On the other side been slowly shopping for the last gift for xmas - and I have to get him one - problem is he is a gamer and a transvestite not transexual) - which normally would be no problem but the thing is he is not into game merchandise and doesnt know I know he is a transvestite

    but where there is a will there is a way - So learning how difficult it is to shop for someone for something they would really like - without them cottoning onto what you actually know -

    Might just buy something really pretty and call it a 'gag gift' ...

    Ahh the things we do ... at least life is not always boring

    Sigh. im disappointed RATM.

    Gamer side of him
    PC - Steam gift card = better exchange rates then via steam store
    Console peasants - Buy him a PC

    Male side of him
    Bottle of Lube = its cheap and practical

    Trans side of him
    Gift card to Big W = he can use the self serv checkouts to pick out something sexy and private for himself

  8. #2098
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    N/E Vic
    Posts
    1,110
    Random thing I learned today.
    Minding my own business this morning while shopping for bargains.
    Now people, bear with me. I was shocked, stunned and mortified and even I questioned my own dreary little existence on this one.
    I shall lighten the mood, if at all possible, before plunging us all to the depths of disgust, dispair, outrage and moral indignation in the elaboration of my discovery by sharing this;
    https://youtu.be/uxFIGWm9M6w

    It has come to my attention that there is one among us that has 'fallen'. Or, they are not whom they portray themselves as, and appear to be. A hero to all here and reviled statesperson of these realms. A much loved contributor and held in very high esteem. So invariably sad I feel, I cannot describe.
    Duped and traumatised is the emotion that I experience. Plainly cheated out of my security.
    For your scrutiny and judgement and interpretation my fellow AVFers.



    You know who you are!
    To either 'pimp' or profit out of a defenceless bears' birthday suit is truly appalling, demands excommunication and, after a fair trial of course, summary execution then exile, drawing & quartering & if anyone's got a boat, keel hauling, deportation and banishment.
    Value adding and profiteering of a loved one is plainly reprehensible!
    The voyeuristic Tart!
    As the song states "Going down to the woods today" hence the many references to chainsaws and Belanglo State Forest in the accuseds home state in recent posts by this member.
    Gutted.
    Hoofprint, 1ynne and rockmoose like this.
    Most metaphors do not bear up to close scrutiny

    Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

  9. #2099
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    7,619
    Quote Originally Posted by merexy View Post
    Two weeks into the month and we've had 82.5mm of rain........
    Well it could be worse...

    Mackay daily rain summaries

    I'm not sure what happened on the seventh? I think the weatherman may have spat in the rain gauge to relieve the monotony.
    gtadmin, merexy, DocM and 1 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.


  10. #2100
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    7,619
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    As the song states "Going down to the woods today" hence the many references to chainsaws and Belanglo State Forest in the accuseds home state in recent posts by this member.
    Gutted.
    ...and not a pineapple in sight either...
    DocM likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.


 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 11:09 AM.