Page 211 of 215 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2142
Like Tree4075Likes

Thread: The Random Things I Learned Today Thread

AVF Regular
    Thanks to Dan, I am trying to find the positive in the weather at the moment - true we have not had any earthquakes, true I guess it could be worse in the Prime Ministerial department - tho that is stretching it ... yes some of the poor plants are trying to spring ... but Fab...it might not be pretty if you mention how warm you have been all of winter...
    DogMan and DocM like this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    Thanks to Dan, I am trying to find the positive in the weather at the moment - true we have not had any earthquakes, true I guess it could be worse in the Prime Ministerial department - tho that is stretching it ... yes some of the poor plants are trying to spring ... but Fab...it might not be pretty if you mention how warm you have been all of winter...
    Ah, then I won't mention the only time I've worn more than a shirt this year was when I was in Toowoomba...
    DocM and 1ynne like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    then I wont mention an evening celebrated with peeps from the Uni of Southern Qld - that I can very nearly remember ... they were wild folk ! I think I can remember that it was cold tho !

every year for about the last 10 years we have spent a bit of time in qld - a month in Aprl/May and then another month in September/Oct - as Mum had dementia - the twice a year visits seemed to keep her feeling like we were there weekly. This year is the first year with no 2 monthly warm ups - and ..and.. its colder than cold !

shirt... awww poor you !!
    DocM likes this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    shirt... awww poor you !!
    Ahh, back to Toowoomba next Friday I think. I better not put the jumper away just yet

It's starting to warm up here - about 26 at the moment. I'm hoping we are gone permanently before it gets too hot in December.
    DocM, stylemessiah, 1ynne and 1 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    Random thing I learned today.
    Minding my own business this morning while shopping for bargains.

<lot of waffle>
    </lot of waffle>

As the song states "Going down to the woods today" hence the many references to chainsaws and Belanglo State Forest in the accuseds home state in recent posts by this member.
    Gutted.
    Absolute piffle, neither the bear or i tolerate germans or their products/companies

My paternal grandfather was a member of the Dutch resistance, very effective apparently, at the end of the second world war, he decided he could no go back to living in his town surrounded by so many who collaborated with the germans, so he emigrated here, bring my father who was a child at the time. Thats how i got here, first (and probably last) generation of my fathers side of the family born in Australia.

And then you have my mothers side of the family...first of them in Oz was William Yaldwyn, a settler who traveled overland from Yass (perhaps unsurprisingly not far form my favourite place on earth, the southern highlands) to Melbourne, the hard way, and went on to be be one of the first to sit on the legislative council in QLD and many other interesting things...if youre ever in Taroom and on Yaldwyn St, thats my shit folks...he has a book about him Yaldwyn of the Golden Spurs, though ive never seen a copy, theres only 300 of them, one in the national library. Side note: the english side of my family have the dubious distinction of being involved in and hosting in their country estate the members of the plot to overthrow Charles the First. Someone in the family still has the bed Oliver Cromwell slept in apparently...perhaps no surprise i cant stand the monarchy...

But enough about me

I certainly have never been to Belanglo

Dont mess with the bear...
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 14-09-17 at 08:14 PM.
    Fatman, fabricator4, DocM and 3 others like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

AVF Regular
    All in jest as it was, intended to the unnamed.
    A great digest of ancestry there Style.
    I have in my possession a transcript of my ancestors correspondence from a transportation ship letter written in the late 1790s. That lady is depicted on our $20 note. Mary Reibey (aka a few other names). Looking back can be quite interesting.
    Now with the eloquence and disposition of Porky Pig

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    All in jest as it was, intended to the unnamed.
    A great digest of ancestry there Style.
    I have in my possession a transcript of my ancestors correspondence from a transportation ship letter written in the late 1790s. That lady is depicted on our $20 note. Mary Reibey (aka a few other names). Looking back can be quite interesting.
    The gentleman shall yield and kneel before the bear and beg forgiveness

The bear knew you were talking about him

Id be careful if you go anywhere near woods on the proposed Vic meet....
    DocM and 1ynne like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    The gentleman shall yield and kneel before the bear and beg forgiveness

The bear knew you were talking about him

Id be careful if you go anywhere near woods on the proposed Vic meet....
    Does Collingwoods count?
    Consider the knee bent sire, & pledge my sword and chainsaw venerable consort to the bear.
    Capitulation is awful.
    stylemessiah and 1ynne like this.

AVF Regular
    Does Collingwoods count?
    Consider the knee bent sire, & pledge my sword and chainsaw venerable consort to the bear.
    Capitulation is awful.
    LOL just give the bear some honey... New avi pic look's adorable, but I kinda liked the teeth before....
    DocM and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistic Lady View Post
    LOL just give the bear some honey... New avi pic look's adorable, but I kinda liked the teeth before....
    Awww thanks ML! Before & after shots of my botox treatment. For you to decide which is what one.

TILT,
    I was told about another Chinese website for fishing stuffs. Some friend(sarcasm)!!!! They're a lot like FT, they even have vape gear but freight is payable. This is not another recommendation on how to grow old and arrested for loitering at your letterbox.
    The clincher for me was on the tracking of your purchases. The actual flight your gear is on is there, although, that may just be the merchant and selected freight! I hope it got a window seat. If anyone is interested I will put up the link.
    Last edited by DocM; 15-09-17 at 12:19 PM.
    1ynne and Mistic Lady like this.