Page 246 of 248 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248 LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 2477
Like Tree4822Likes

Thread: The Random Things I Learned Today Thread

AVF Regular
    CC, a question, is the use of expandable excavating tools allowed in your hole? The ones with another kind of wick? Or do you just have a pick and a chisel at your hole for the hard bits?
    stylemessiah likes this.
    A misguided Ape with delusions of grandeur & a chop on its' head thought it was a Griller

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Application video for CC's airB&B.

Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Application video for CC's airB&B.
    Where do I book? Are lighters supplied? I got the same thing with getting my earholes 'candled'. A good reason to not do drugs.
    stylemessiah likes this.
    A misguided Ape with delusions of grandeur & a chop on its' head thought it was a Griller

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Been hearing the story of Lillith since my teens when I started looking at and getting interested in feminism and its structures and history - had no idea until looking for funny pics today that the same story was also attached to the word Lullabye - go figure

For those who dont know the story (not many seems to in my rl)

Fact: There’s an old Christian myth (actually its not just christian) that got popular in the Middle Ages that Adam had a different wife before Eve.It got thought up because Genesis has some awkward wording in it. Basically, it says “God made them, man and woman.” and THEN it tells the story of Adam and Eve with Eve being made from Adam’s rib and the fall.

Anyways, story goes that Lillith was made from the earth, like Adam, but wasn’t cool with being subservient to man.
    #IDon’tNeedNoManShe then turns into a demon and is cast out of the garden.

Now she roams the earth trying to steal the souls of children, killing them in their sleep. So, parents have to sing lullabies to protect their children and ward off Lillith. That story may actually be where we get the English word “lullaby” from in the first place. Lillith-bye.

​So the more you know- especially when looking at funny pics .... *shrug
    Fatman, 1ynne and rockmoose like this.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Been hearing the story of Lillith since my teens when I started looking at and getting interested in feminism and its structures and history - had no idea until looking for funny pics today that the same story was also attached to the word Lullabye - go figure

For those who dont know the story (not many seems to in my rl)

Fact: There’s an old Christian myth (actually its not just christian) that got popular in the Middle Ages that Adam had a different wife before Eve.It got thought up because Genesis has some awkward wording in it. Basically, it says “God made them, man and woman.” and THEN it tells the story of Adam and Eve with Eve being made from Adam’s rib and the fall.

Anyways, story goes that Lillith was made from the earth, like Adam, but wasn’t cool with being subservient to man.
    #IDon’tNeedNoManShe then turns into a demon and is cast out of the garden.

Now she roams the earth trying to steal the souls of children, killing them in their sleep. So, parents have to sing lullabies to protect their children and ward off Lillith. That story may actually be where we get the English word “lullaby” from in the first place. Lillith-bye.

​So the more you know- especially when looking at funny pics .... *shrug
    yep .. always been a fan of the idea Lilith.. introduced to me by a jewish american friend.. who painted an emu egg for me portraying her... he painted with a brush comprising a single hair... stunning.. a precious gift

but what a woman .. gotta love reading the references to her in hebrew literature - The Alphabet of Ben Sira..

"After God created Adam, who was alone, He said, 'It is not good for man to be alone.' He then created a woman for Adam, from the earth, as He had created Adam himself, and called her Lilith. Adam and Lilith immediately began to fight. She said, 'I will not lie below,' and he said, 'I will not lie beneath you, but only on top. For you are fit only to be in the bottom position, while I am to be the superior one.' Lilith responded, 'We are equal to each other inasmuch as we were both created from the earth.' But they would not listen to one another. When Lilith saw this, she pronounced the Ineffable Name and flew away into the air..."

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    CC, a question, is the use of expandable excavating tools allowed in your hole? The ones with another kind of wick? Or do you just have a pick and a chisel at your hole for the hard bits?
    No, no "digging tools" allowed in the area I live.

My hard bits are easily removed with a lot of love and care, my hole is quite sensitive to picks and chisels.

I have been treating the inside wall to avoid the humidity attacking it, you know as well as i do that there is nothing worse than flaking.

Now if you don't mind, my Lady has asked me to give it a good clean out, I have been abusing it lately
    DocM and stylemessiah like this.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    Where do I book? Are lighters supplied? I got the same thing with getting my earholes 'candled'. A good reason to not do drugs.
    I think that is more the reason to do drugs.

Bookings can be made through my hole. Lighters are not supplied, though we do have gas.
    DocM and stylemessiah like this.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CCVaper View Post
    I think that is more the reason to do drugs.

Bookings can be made through my hole. Lighters are not supplied, though we do have gas.
    I dunno if its still current info, but once you made it known that your hole was wide open to almost anyone..
    DocM likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    So this arvo I randomly learned that

China races to make FIRST CONTACT with aliens using world’s largest dish
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/wei...asia-liu-cixin

Orgasmic meditation is the wellness trend where women get their vagina massaged by strangers (in the old days we just called this using a prostitute to get your rocks off to relax- granted it was reasonable rare for women to use a prostitute - but its out there )
    Read more: Orgasmic meditation is the new wellness trend where women get pleasured by strangers | Metro News

Sometimes common sense can prevail...
    Care home sets up old-style pub for residents to have a drink
    Read more: Care home sets up old-style pub for residents to have a drink | Metro News

You can buy these on Etsy to make your night with your partner even hotter? You know cause xmas is comming and so could... nevermind...

image upload

and if they dont suit Ryan Gosling ones for 42 USD might be better and sexier?
    https://bulletsandbeesboutique.co/pr...sling-low-rise

Robert Picardo's (the doctor from star Trek voyager) Wife was meth addicted and embroiled in a murder
    Robert Picardo's wife Linda Pawlik sued over 2014 murder | Daily Mail Online

Dont use a cucumber to clean your inside bits (insert the word infection somewhere in this bit about bits) I really dont know why I am constantly surprised that people have to actually be told these things
    Doctors beg you not to ‘cleanse’ your vagina with a cucumber | New York Post

and finally

This is what greek an Roman art more or less looked like in full colour - a bit gaudy actualy imho...
    https://imgur.com/gallery/hDwby

hoping your evening is relaxing
    gtadmin, MrGruffy, 1ynne and 1 others like this.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I randomly learnt that I should not be allowed to copy and paste.....

I have a mate that wants to get into vaping in Gladstone but due to bad arthritis won't use the internet as typing really creates problems pain wise for him. So I did a norti and went around copy pasta'ing bits and pieces from all over the web about vaping to print out so he could read. At 45 pages it's comprehensive but apparently he loved it. He approached me so I think 45 pages of copy/paste and the time it took is well worth worth helping an old friend who has smoked for over 30 years get off the stinkies.

He has had one of my spares (penguin) for a week now and not had 1 ciggy and the penguin is the perfect size for him to grasp without his arthritis kicking up the pain level.