Page 248 of 251 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 2503
Like Tree4878Likes

Thread: The Random Things I Learned Today Thread

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    have you read about the cell project?

they did the human genome project, but never worked out why for eg a blue eye gene doesn't just grow a giant blue eye instead of two eyes appropriately placed in a human. Or how toe nail know to be toe nials out of the same building blocks as pubes etc

they are mapping every cell now, to learn that stuff
    It is Will

AVF Regular
    No I havent tbh - but I will have to look it up cause it really sounds interesting although I did know that they have been mapping cells and dna and even in some cases making copyright of their finds

annd I have read that they still dont know that they dont know what makes a dog a dog and a cat a cat and a human a human (- You know the whole essence thing - It sometimes even gets a bit esoteric )

But also tbh the detail question never occurred to me until now

"they did the human genome project, but never worked out why for eg a blue eye gene doesn't just grow a giant blue eye instead of two eyes appropriately placed in a human. Or how toe nail know to be toe nails out of the same building blocks as pubes etc"

Am preparing for an unexpected (and am not sure if unwanted yet - esp cause I am guarded about my space and have never met this person and have only spoken once and once more for him to say he is coming down) house guest tomorrow soooo

as soon as I get the chance in the next hopefully few days I will get onto it - simply cause it is right up my ally to read up on

Thanks!
    I like learning new random stuff !

Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    have you read about the cell project?

they did the human genome project, but never worked out why for eg a blue eye gene doesn't just grow a giant blue eye instead of two eyes appropriately placed in a human. Or how toe nail know to be toe nials out of the same building blocks as pubes etc

they are mapping every cell now, to learn that stuff
    DogMan likes this.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    No I havent tbh - but I will have to look it up cause it really sounds interesting although I did know that they have been mapping cells and dna and even in some cases making copyright of their finds

annd I have read that they still dont know that they dont know what makes a dog a dog and a cat a cat and a human a human (- You know the whole essence thing - It sometimes even gets a bit esoteric )

But also tbh the detail question never occurred to me until now

"they did the human genome project, but never worked out why for eg a blue eye gene doesn't just grow a giant blue eye instead of two eyes appropriately placed in a human. Or how toe nail know to be toe nails out of the same building blocks as pubes etc"

Am preparing for an unexpected (and am not sure if unwanted yet - esp cause I am guarded about my space and have never met this person and have only spoken once and once more for him to say he is coming down) house guest tomorrow soooo

as soon as I get the chance in the next hopefully few days I will get onto it - simply cause it is right up my ally to read up on

Thanks!
    I like learning new random stuff !
    I think the official title is cell atlas project. Google will put boring implications for cancer research up front, but you are accustomed to searching for more esoteric fun stuff
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    so i watched one of these youtube "what your body says about you" vids and you learn something new everyday.

Im an old greek lady thats self reliant, has a big heart and shows restraint.
    I have a sensitive soul, finds it difficult to develop relationships, is disorganized but shows logic through the chaos.

Im relatively healthy, but i have an unbalanced diet, i suffer from a hormonal imbalance (kinda figures not a girl right) and I may or may not be having a stroke.

But its ok the sleeping position on the bed with my dog indicates we are a loving couple but respect each other boundaries.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    so i watched one of these youtube "what your body says about you" vids and you learn something new everyday.

I have a sensitive soul, finds it difficult to develop relationships, is disorganized but shows logic through the chaos.
    Eris? great goddess that chick

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post

Im relatively healthy, but i have an unbalanced diet, i suffer from a hormonal imbalance (kinda figures not a girl right) and I may or may not be having a stroke.

But its ok the sleeping position on the bed with my dog indicates we are a loving couple but respect each other boundaries.

That got a laugh out loud........... hahahahaha

After the first line I was thinking... I did not know you were greek
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    That got a laugh out loud........... hahahahaha

After the first line I was thinking... I did not know you were greek
    im not, im so fkn aussie that even pauline hanson would need a translator
    Last edited by Hoofprint; 19-11-17 at 06:12 PM.

AVF Regular
    http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-1...26?pfmredir=sm

Geez I'm glad he couldn't buy an assault rifle
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Today I randomly learned that

Moths Rub Their Genitals Together To Jam Bat Sonar
    https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/05/m...jam-bat-sonar/

Scientists Create the First Automated 'Biological Teleporter (well yeah it probaly can be used as a bio weapon but it is potentially so much more too!)
    https://www.outerplaces.com/science/...hetic-genomics

There are several crowdfunding sites that only fund science experiments ( I had no idea bc I had never thought about it) - Here is a couple of em
    https://experiment.com/

https://crowd.science/

Some people worry about garbage being dumped on their property - in nz whole buildings get dumped on other peoples property
    Entire house fly-tipped in New Zealand - BBC News

Have a smartphone addiction? NP! These substitute phones could be your answer!
    https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/27/...one-addiction/

Amputees can learn to control a robotic arm with their minds
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1127135811.htm

and there is a new experimental therapy called avatar therapy being trialed for those with auditory hallucinations (I just find it interesting how technology is now being fused with 'traditional' type therapies and where it might go from here )
    'Avatar therapy' aims to help those who hear voices - CNN

Might be boring for some - but it is what I learned today

Have a good one!
    CCVaper likes this.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

AVF Regular
    The random thing I learned is...Beer nuts are not made from Beer. And they don't come under the classification as 'fruit' either. "5 a day". My posterior!
    I asked my Mum one day "Where do babies come from?" She said "A dog bite son." I found out later, I had a Cynophobic childhood. She thought I'd said Rabies.

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!