Page 264 of 276 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 2752
Like Tree5222Likes

Thread: The Random Things I Learned Today Thread

AVF Regular
    fabricator4, disley and 1ynne like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    You can have a mother******* day if you want Doc. Am I on your card list?

The situation with the thermomix is very similar to exploding batteries as a matter of fact. Thermomix issued new seals and warnings about the problem (on one model only). It was up to the oosers to actually fit the new seals and follow the safety recommendations. This was a precautionary measure - the thermomix is not a pressure cooker (according to one user I asked about this), so the only way they can possibly explode is due to user error. I'm guessing improper cleaning and maintenance might be resulting in a blocked vent that allows pressure to build up to dangerous levels. The seal was only ever meant to be water tight, not pressure tight.

I think the new seal is probably one designed to fail slowly in a pressure situation rather than all at once. A bit like IMR batteries over ICR - It can't solve stupidity but it can save the stupid mother********* ass when they do whatever stupid thing they are stupidly doing.

Other models do not have the problem, and I'm guessing they already have the new seals, and maybe a redesigned vent that is easier to clean or does not suffer the same blockages. Essentially, they a making everything "IMR" now.
    Nice to see you Fab. The card list is long & loose and full o' juice! Do you have any recommendations aside from cabbage and drilling holes in my 'terra used to be firmer' to stop me from having the morning explosions? FYI..... I re ringed my 'O'rings but my foot fell off.
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    Now.... seriously. I inherited one of those square 'Sunbeam' electric frypans, a must have for me and a nice reminder of my mum's cooking as a bonus.....Funny thing though, same bread, and butter etc and I still can't make a tomato & onion sanga like she did. How's that work?
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    Now.... seriously. I inherited one of those square 'Sunbeam' electric frypans, a must have for me and a nice reminder of my mum's cooking as a bonus.....Funny thing though, same bread, and butter etc and I still can't make a tomato & onion sanga like she did. How's that work?
    Are you wearing the floral power apron?

I can't even boil water without burning it, but once I don the power apron I become Bernard-Peter Russell Clark-King.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    fabricator4, disley and 1ynne like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Just a galloping gourmet Graham Kerr............ Rick Philistein type I am Rockmoose.
    1ynne and rockmoose like this.
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

AVF Regular
    soooooo laughing at that Doc M.. YOU WIN but prior to that the Katterings.. was a winner .. they normally annoy me but it was a good one !!
    Last edited by 1ynne; 25-04-18 at 09:18 PM.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Today we were having a "Remember When"... and Lynne' s Exploding Namco pressure cooker spewing it contents of well soaked soy beans up the mud brick wall was a stand out... and the fact that after rendering that wall so many times.. the marks lived on.. and the fact that we both hope that, in this now hipster B&B they look at the wall and wonder.. what is that !! we agreed it was better than the signatures on the washing machine slab !!
    Last edited by 1ynne; 25-04-18 at 09:21 PM.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Lol....I had my then g/f to tea when I was living with my pez's before going out somewhere. Salad and something meaty, I shook the Italian dressing and undid the lid, g/f asked me for something, I got up and got it then shook the bottle again. It went all over the ceiling, my best clobber and hers. Ooops, tea was nice, the dressing dripping off the flouro in the kitchen occasionally.
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    Just a galloping gourmet Graham Kerr............ Rick Philistein type I am Rockmoose.
    Was he talking about his blender, or Brenda?
    DocM likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    oh fine.. how super dooper... I am drowning in Mr V's thread and you guys sit out here talking about Brenda and salad dressing... Warning Mr V's thread is now a war zone... we need a mop to Aisle 7 please....

and pls NOT a Whisper that subbies video links are stuffed... .. please !
    NI NI !!
    fabricator4, DocM and Sublime like this.