Page 3 of 215 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree4096Likes

Thread: The Random Things I Learned Today Thread

AVF Regular
    Ut oh.

I just learnt that getting carried away reading hilarious forum malarkey on AV can make you forget you left the tap on while filling the kitchen sink...
    Fatman, bugzme, magick81 and 2 others like this.
    There are two types of people in this world: those that can extrapolate from incomplete information.

AVF Regular
    The only time I was hospitalised with concussion involved a shopping trolley.
    gtadmin, Fatman and Brave like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Hmm today I learned that wife beating sticks were a real thing in some cultures (dunno why I am surprised) and this antique shop exists where you can actually buy one amongst the other old weapons jewelry and rigmarole FIJIAN WIFE BEATING CLUB BOWAI – Faganarms, Inc. pretty interesting imho
    bugzme likes this.
    NNA AU and general vape advocacy in Australia summed up-
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...
    Secrecy for the greater good... Enemies are everywhere

"If you see something ...Say say nothing...
    Then drink to forget ..."
    One of us... one of us...one of us....

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Hmm today I learned that wife beating sticks were a real thing in some cultures (dunno why I am surprised) and this antique shop exists where you can actually buy one amongst the other old weapons jewelry and rigmarole FIJIAN WIFE BEATING CLUB BOWAI €“ Faganarms, Inc. pretty interesting imho
    I droped over to to that link fro a quick read RATM, and couldn't help but notice the "Markham Valley Cannibal Spoons". Never realised there was a movie made about the Cargo Cult either. Interesting stuff - thanks for sharing!

Cannibal spoons are over here:
    MARKHAM VALLEY CANNIBAL SPOON.. – Faganarms, Inc.
    There are two types of people in this world: those that can extrapolate from incomplete information.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Hmm today I learned that wife beating sticks were a real thing in some cultures (dunno why I am surprised) and this antique shop exists where you can actually buy one amongst the other old weapons jewelry and rigmarole FIJIAN WIFE BEATING CLUB BOWAI €“ Faganarms, Inc. pretty interesting imho
    Bookmarked !!

Today I learnt my local Bunnings does indeed keep stock of a "long Weight" they just cannot seem to locate them however.......
    Fatman, fabricator4, Brave and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    Today's lesson:

If you ever get bitten by a dog, pay attention even if it dosent look bad.

I got bit accidentally on my finger its infected almost to the bone, since i just slapped a badaid on it.
    Horse sized pill antibotics for my reward.
    A guy I talk to was nipped by his dog, it became infected and he nearly died.
    He ended up losing his feet above the ankles and his fingers.
    Always have bites checked ASAP.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzme View Post
    Bookmarked !!

Today I learnt my local Bunnings does indeed keep stock of a "long Weight" they just cannot seem to locate them however.......
    Next to the tins of striped paint and left handed screwdrivers
    bugzme, magick81 and Brave like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    I learned tonight that thought and reality can be very different.
    People might have noticed I am not my ebullient self lately... Have been doing it a bit tuff in the not sleeping, hurting a bit cycle, and there has been a bit of stress in other areas... Soooooo tonight just then after having a shower before bed, I am drying off and have lifted my left leg up to rub a bit, and suddenly I can hear this banging and skittering in the wall and roof... Great thinks he ...friggin rodent rodent mates again...time for baiting!.. I stop to listen...nothing...rub again..skitter skitter clunk clunk...stop ...nothing... Start rubbing again ...skitter clunk...its about this time I look round to my left and realize my thigh has been in good contact with the hamper and is bashing it into the wall...
    #paralysisCanBeAmusing!

(Due to nerve damage I have no surface sensation on my left thigh from hip to just above the knee and most of my quads are missing or paralyzed about 15 % remains which let's me walk)
    bugzme, Nakor, fabricator4 and 2 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Could have been worse like unsettling your wife's favourite perfume from the bathroom counter snd stepping on the shards of the broken bottle.

AVF Regular
    i still love you FM

i know about them Rat plagues, used to get them in Cobar, till one year a female fox built a warren under the house.
    used to throw abit of raw meat in the yard and she would keep the mice in check.

Brave likes this.

Page 3 of 215 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast