Page 51 of 273 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree5203Likes

Thread: The Random Things I Learned Today Thread

AVF Regular
    Today I learned

that this is what raw lithium from batteries look like

While Australia is about to go on a killing spree that will take about 2 million cats, a minister in Israel has proposed that they deport their strays
    Israel Minister Proposes Street Cats Leave the Country - ABC News

oh and there was a Halloween party that saw a dozen students from Tainan’s Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science in need of an exorcism afterwards ...
    Halloween party ends in exorcism for 12 students - Taipei Times
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Super Moderator
    I learned I really should have trademarked myself... I mean now I have a Vape store , and atty, and a Mod named after me
    Now if thats not enough , apparently I also have a juice company in New Jersey

EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Imagine how I feel then

Every car with aspirations of high performance gets "GT" as the badging
    Fatman likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    So today I learned

Workers have to be told not to put Highly Enriched Uranium in their pockets...
    DOE Issues New Rule for Workers: Don’t Put Highly Enriched Uranium in Your Pocket

scientists are arguing over whether chimps have accents
    Fight erupts between scientists over whether chimps have accents | Junior College

and the International Space Station has had humans on it now for 15 years
    Fifteen years of humans living on International Space Station - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Super Moderator
    I re-learned today that Mother Nature can be awesome
    We luckily escaped the worst of the storm front that hit S.A. and North West Vic over the last few days , but it has been "threatening " for the last day or two.
    Had some good rain too( yay!) but the eye smacking goodness of life and the planet held out til just now when I went out to check on things.
    Engage your imagination ... high level storm clouds .. lower level setting sun ( well not setting , but low enough to break under the clouds )
    and you stand in a paddock ( my back yard lol )
    The first thing you notice is all the bird life is quiet, the air is still, its humid but not unpleasant, there is the feeling the worst has passed and its just peaceful ... which is where the strangeness of the bird life hits you, because after the rain is when they celebrate, its usually a cacophony of birdie "Yee Ha's" Even the Kooka's in the tree in front of you are quiet when they should be breaking out the beats ?
    You look to the sky and see the beauty of the storm clouds illuminated by the sun, and then you realise WHY all the birds are quiet ...
    Because you witness a really rare sight and circling above you are close on 30 or more different raptors Everywhere you look North South East and West...... Brown Falcons, Brown Goshawks, 5 Wedgetails, two pair of Little Eagles, and a solitary Square Tailed Kite ... all out celebrating the end/break in the storm and maybe looking for tucker after a few days home detention

I got a sore neck watching them , they were everywhere and just radiated this atmosphere of awe and celebration of passing danger ...

Very impressive gathering of multiple species who usually keep to themselves and have defined ranges, who managed to put aside their differences for a moment of joy... Their flight was not purposeful as it usually is , instead you could see them just flying for the joy of it, showing off to each other and exercising muscles they haven't used for a bit ... aerobatics and display took over from the usual economical thermal flight you usually see
    I have never seen so many before in the air at once.
    It was pretty cool
    gtadmin, Crisscross and bk_renesis like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Today I learned how important steeping is. Most of the BlueDot order I got was unvapable straight out of the mail, but a few hot water baths and some days in the cupboard and mmmmmmmmmmm what a change.

Also, boogers now taste awesome when you vape
    ChasK likes this.

Super Moderator
    Crisscross and Fatman like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    I heard that the Aussie border force (or whatever they are called) are taking industrial action next week. Not sure how it will effect our vape mail but I am sure it will. Arrrrrrrrrg
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Super Moderator
    I learnt today that AusPost thinks Whyalla is in Victoria

Well, that's where the Envy22 currently is???
    Crisscross and Fatman like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    I learnt today that AusPost thinks Whyalla is in Victoria

Well, that's where the Envy22 currently is???
    Isn't it. It's hanging out with a Fasttech order that was accepted in Adelaide on the 19th or my naturevape coils that are having a summer holiday somewhere nice.
    gtadmin likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011