Page 1 of 171 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree3020Likes

Thread: The Random Things I Learned Today Thread

AVF Regular

The Random Things I Learned Today Thread

The highest number of films made in any one series is "Wong Fei Hung" at 89. Apparently he is a Chinese folk hero.

I was stumping for James Bond, but he only scrapes in with 24; behind Godzilla (30), Charlie Chan (47) and Hopalong Cassidy (66).
    gtadmin, Altered1 and disley like this.
    There are two types of people in this world: those that can extrapolate from incomplete information.

Super Moderator
    Never trust an Asus Laptop display to keep working I learnt that today
    fabricator4, Brave and 78Monk like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011
    AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Never trust an Asus Laptop display to keep working I learnt that today
    Naww... Was it a drop/breakage situation? Or a software up the wazoo kind of thing?

Whatever a wazoo is of course.
    There are two types of people in this world: those that can extrapolate from incomplete information.

AVF Regular
    Today's lesson:

If you ever get bitten by a dog, pay attention even if it dosent look bad.

I got bit accidentally on my finger its infected almost to the bone, since i just slapped a badaid on it.
    Horse sized pill antibotics for my reward.
    Crisscross and Fatman like this.

AVF Regular
    I learned that an Octopus is pretty fast on land.

We had my brothers 40ft boat lifted out of the water and put on a hard stand to cleaned and painted with antifoul.

In the process of removing the muscles off the hull a octopus plopped onto the ground and "ran" of the end of the dock into the water, was funny as fark.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    Today's lesson:

If you ever get bitten by a dog, pay attention even if it dosent look bad.

I got bit accidentally on my finger its infected almost to the bone, since i just slapped a badaid on it.
    Horse sized pill antibotics for my reward.
    Ouch man! That's not good at all! Hope you heal fast.
    Fatman, Browny and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhufish View Post
    I learned that an Octopus is pretty fast on land.

We had my brothers 40ft boat lifted out of the water and put on a hard stand to cleaned and painted with antifoul.

In the process of removing the muscles off the hull a octopus plopped onto the ground and "ran" of the end of the dock into the water, was funny as fark.
    Haha! Was he wearing four pairs of Nike or something?!
    Fatman, fabricator4 and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    Haha , i wish. Once saw one living in a beer glass someone had thrown off a pier.
    Brave likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Brave View Post
    Naww... Was it a drop/breakage situation? Or a software up the wazoo kind of thing?

Whatever a wazoo is of course.
    Nah its an older model , and they are prone to running hot ... apparently overtime this kills the GNU bond to the motherboard , and when you fire up the lappy from cold its like a I in 10 chance your display will actually turn on Until it eventually goes belly up ... I did get it happening today after about the 20th reboot ... its currently downloading essential files onto a USB stick for transfer to the laptop I am on now ... Just purchased a replicator dock off ebay so if it does fully crap out I can copy the hard drive from it 2 5" 3 5" 2 Sata 1 IDE HDD Hard Disk Drive Dock Docking Station USB HUB Reader | eBay

Ahhh you have to love gear failure ... at least it gives you a chance to get rid off all the crap you think you need over the years but dont
    Altered1 and Brave like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Super Moderator
    Oh and a PMSL @ the occie
    and a at the dogbite .... same thing with cat scratches , them buggers all have bacteria we dont like ... every nick I get these days gets the betadine treatment .

Page 1 of 171 1231151101 ... LastLast