Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Scarey!

AVF Regular

Scarey!

Just had the extreme urge for a cigarette after seeing a totally unrelated (well maybe slightly) pic on friggin' social media. It's gone now, but why????

Frightening....

What a thin blue line.

AVF Regular
    Yup...know what you mean. Went an bought 2 small cubans yesterday. Having a Havana Rum just aint the same without one. Suprisingly guilt free. Ciggies? ? Nah..
    singlefished, merexy and mpc3k like this.

Super Moderator
    If it helps any , I have mates who gave up smoking decades ago and still get those flashes ....

Its not so much about the desire as the ability to recognise it and laugh in its face
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by merexy View Post
    Just had the extreme urge for a cigarette after seeing a totally unrelated (well maybe slightly) pic on friggin' social media. It's gone now, but why????

Frightening....

What a thin blue line.
    Yes it is scary when it happens and I'm a very happy vaper. The urge just creeps back sometimes...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    If it helps any , I have mates who gave up smoking decades ago and still get those flashes ....

Its not so much about the desire as the ability to recognise it and laugh in its face
    Thanks Simon, but I did take two steps back and some hearty draws on the Gus.... And yer not helping Stomp!
    Stomp and singlefished like this.

Super Moderator
    I'm utterly glad this has never happened to me since I started vaping, as I have pathetic self control.
    Fatman, singlefished and merexy like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by merexy View Post
    Thanks Simon, but I did take two steps back and some hearty draws on the Gus.... And yer not helping Stomp!
    Lol..sorry mate. Truth is I was a heavy ciggie smoker but never ever get a craving for them. Never ever smoked cigars but l get cravings. Weird., an its happened a bit recently. Im not gonna advocate what I do but Im not gonna roll over and freak out about it. Maybe I need to hit up some decent Cuban net juice extractors.
    singlefished and merexy like this.

AVF Regular
    My mum gave up when she was pregnant with me, so about 32 years ago. She says she still sometimes feels like a cigarette when she's studying or working on the computer.

This made me realise that you're still an addict even after you've stopped smoking.

Don't worry about it mate But don't do it, obviously!
    singlefished and merexy like this.

AVF Regular
    i cant speak for anyone else,
    but 16 years later i still cant be in the same room as a person ripping a bong for any length of time.

first drug i ever quit, still fascinating its the hardest one for me to let go
    singlefished, mpc3k and Chrisso_88 like this.

AVF Regular
    Know what you mean.
    I've sucessfully quit smoking through vaping.
    However, when faced with social situations where a close friend of mine was smoking.... I seem to crave it.
    Without external influences... not an issue at all...
    Even walking on the street, cigs smell terrible.. But when i do have access to one (e.g. through a close friend smoking), i get the urge to bump one off and relive the experience of smoking.
    Need to exercise more self control. Easier said than done though.
    I'm honestly amazed at the ability of people to completely quit smoking through vaping and not get "just one stick wont hurt" moments..

Good luck merexy. Hope you stay ciggies free...
    merexy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast