Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Any Anime / Manga fans here?

AVF Regular

Wink Any Anime / Manga fans here?

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any anime / manga fans here?

I'm mostly into manga as well as Japanese live action movies. I will watch the anime version of the Manga after I've read the entire manga series.

My favourite manga so far is Kimi Ni Todoke, High School Debut and Love*Com however i'm starting to read series like Bakumon, One-Punch, Naruto, One Piece, Attack on Titan etc.

I'm a regular at the Sydney anime/comic conventions. I was at SMASH! 2016 as well as Oz Comic Con 2016.

Toofar.

AVF Regular
    my 1.5 terabytes of anime some might say constitutes a problem.

im usually into the mecha, harem, fantasy type stuff.
    its either gotta be good story or so stupid its funny or creepy enough to make me go WTF.

yes, i am a simple minded person

AVF Regular
    Well I've had to build three bookshelves in my bedroom to house my ever growing collection of manga. It's outgrown it's current home. I used to buy all my books from Kinokuniya but discovered I can get everything cheaper from Book Depository (free shipping).

I'm also starting to get a large collection of Japanese live action movies too.

If you like a bit of fan service then check out Highschool of the Dead! Great in manga form, better in anime form ;-)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by toofargone View Post
    Hi,

Just wondering if there are any anime / manga fans here?

I'm mostly into manga as well as Japanese live action movies. I will watch the anime version of the Manga after I've read the entire manga series.

My favourite manga so far is Kimi Ni Todoke, High School Debut and Love*Com however i'm starting to read series like Bakumon, One-Punch, Naruto, One Piece, Attack on Titan etc.

I'm a regular at the Sydney anime/comic conventions. I was at SMASH! 2016 as well as Oz Comic Con 2016.

Toofar.
    I've got a few terabytes of anime and manga in my NAS but I've stopped downloading because I prefer to jump on Kissanime to stream them.

Hoofprint/Toofargone - Mob Psycho 100 is good if you've seen One punch man. Action and comedy.
    Lately there hasn't been any that interest me except for "Drifters".

As for manga, I stopped downloading and just read them on my phone via MangaRock.

My sisters are always at the Anime festivals/conventions that they hold every year in Melbourne.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by toofargone View Post
    Well I've had to build three bookshelves in my bedroom to house my ever growing collection of manga. It's outgrown it's current home. I used to buy all my books from Kinokuniya but discovered I can get everything cheaper from Book Depository (free shipping).

I'm also starting to get a large collection of Japanese live action movies too.

If you like a bit of fan service then check out Highschool of the Dead! Great in manga form, better in anime form ;-)

This weekend I will try to go pass my mums place and take a picture of my sisters collection.
    They've attempted to turn my old bedroom into their personal library.

Depends what genre you're into I can recommend some mangas.

Action/fighting/gangs - Holyland, The Breaker and The Breaker - New Waves
    Game type: Dice, The Gamer(manhwa - korean) and The Overlord (anime too)
    Slice of life: Piano *something* (first time reading one about piano but it was interesting and good)

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.
    Last edited by iamtezr; 26-10-16 at 09:21 AM. Reason: replied to the wrong post :)

AVF Regular
    Cheers I'll check them out. I'm always looking for recommendations for manga.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    my 1.5 terabytes of anime some might say constitutes a problem.

im usually into the mecha, harem, fantasy type stuff.
    its either gotta be good story or so stupid its funny or creepy enough to make me go WTF.

yes, i am a simple minded person
    It is only ever seen as a problem by others.

Have plenty of anime myself, and will watch almost anything that seems interesting or will make the wife go "What the hell is that your watching?".

For funny and fan service combined it's hard to go past the new Keijo!!!!!!!! - I love how serious they have made parts of it.

Still missing Bleach

Also loving how easy it is to get it all these days - it's come a long way from the dodgey old fansub VHS tapes (now I'm showing my age...)

AVF Regular
    Actually no, not really.

Kinda odd as Amazon Prime here has 'a little' of it to stream if you pay up for the yearly membership, which I have but use it to vacuum up a lot of standard TV we don't get to watch here normally.

I don't mind it, but I'm not really 'into' it at all, unless the story is interesting to me. So yes I've watched quite a bit of it. I guess my tastes run to the same as Hoofprint there, although I 'get' more than most because the Japanese cultural stuff isn't lost on me. Get a little sick of Tokyo being the focus of everything though...

Stu.

(Just a question for you folks, are we reading translated stuff or watching dubbed/subtitled? I met one freak here who learned Japanese just so he could read and watch, and then ended up just working in a store selling the stuff. He wasn't rolling in cash, but he seemed to be very happy with his place in the world.)
    Last edited by Schtoo; 26-10-16 at 12:11 PM.

AVF Regular
    Love anime, I miss bleach too. Haven't got to the end of Naruto yet, but I will start it up again soon.

I have watched heaps of series, too many to remember. I'm waiting for the next lot of Attack on Titan, that was just a tease.

I want to see Ghost in the Shell, the anime was brilliant.

AVF Regular
    Oooh anime! (Not manga so much- I dont have the patience- but my big she child loves it)

Black butler, Another, mushishi, Hellsing, xxxholic and vampire hunter D are some off the top of my head I have liked - like Schtoo if it has a good story it doesn't matter the genre as long as it is interesting

Code geass I liked too but was put off by the ending, and was bored to death by death note

I have seen a lot of anime!

But...

Looking for english dubbed (not subbed) anime for a little one if you know of any, she loves studio ghibli, fairytail until I couldnt find any more english episodes and anything with the monkey king - I wont allow her to watch anything like sailor moon its too suggestive- (she's only school age)

If you know of any anime that is english dubbed (pref with a strong female character lead) My mini wapanese midget and I would really appreciate it

Its a pity there is not much anime in Australia and that recent copyright has made both subbed and dubbed a little harder to find - The mindless same old same old drivel we are often fed gets really quite boring and anime is often a nice change
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast