Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: The ride-on mower and power gardening tools appreciation thread

AVF Regular

The ride-on mower and power gardening tools appreciation thread

Hello everyone!

We got a ride on mower with a little trailer this week, and I think it is the best thing since sliced bread.

We're only on half an acre, but we're up in the hills so it's sloping and has a big ditch in the middle, and is bordered on two sides by land that is supposed to be maintained by the council, but is really just a hotbed for weeds and invasive species. So we need all the motorised help we can get

I would like to hear about your handy garden tools that you wouldn't do without.
    gtadmin, Fatman, btobw and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Roundup and a Bobcat, all the gardening tools you will ever need
    Flea, gtadmin, Stomp and 6 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Roundup ...
    Fatman, mallee00 and stylemessiah like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Super Moderator
    My ride on is a veritable ancient White ... probably 30 years old and still refusing to die ( although it tries but is always resuscitated lol) I think I paid $120 for it and make it work outta parts I had here off the old Murray it replaced .... it has a backup Greenfield ride on that is even older and has a metal tractor seat !
    I have been putting off mowing so far because its been too wet , and I need to sharpen the blades, but now its drying out and I have 3 bazillion barley grass seed heads to attack along with various other weeds ... we have a LOT of marshmallow grass here , the majority I had to remove by hand due to it being to crappy to get the mower out .

The White is a killer machine , it gets put away and not used for 6 months or more at a time before being worked to death for 3 months ... got it out and did a quick mow a month ago just on the back lawn area , and sure enough it has shat a starter solenoid , so now I fire it up by hooking a jumper cable direct to the starter motor .. lots of sparks but it fires straight up LMAO !!!
    ( reminder must get new solenoid off ebay )

( or finally win tattslotto and buy a brand new ride on for the first time evah! )
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mallee00 View Post
    Roundup and a Bobcat, all the gardening tools you will ever need
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Roundup ...

Best purchase EVAH !!! ... electric portable spray unit

Mallee if you visit .... Bring Bobcat
    gtadmin, Midlife, merexy and 2 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

AVF Regular
    Yep roundup and a bonfire. LOL

I would like someone to make a wasp detector. Pruning the Hibiscus last year I got stung by a big one on the knuckle. It needed pruning again this year but I've been avoiding the damn thing and now we are into spring. Will have to do it anyway...

Fair dinkum, it felt like some sadistic bastard had driven a 1 inch brad into the side of my finger and hit the bone.

I'm sure you read the safety instructions that came with the mower, about not driving it across a steep slope. You have to drive it up the slope and down the slope, otherwise it may roll. (Says the guy who frequently had his 4WD at ridiculous angles on steep hills).
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post

I'm sure you read the safety instructions that came with the mower, about not driving it across a steep slope. You have to drive it up the slope and down the slope, otherwise it may roll. (Says the guy who frequently had his 4WD at ridiculous angles on steep hills).
    I have hugged the bonnet of my ride on more than once as it flipped over backwards going up the dam bank LOL ... I figure if you hug the bonnet you are as far away from the spinny choppy bits as you can get It is not odd to see me mowing along the slope standing on the uphill footboard and leaning out to balance like a catamaran sailor .... OHS has no place when it comes to mowing
    stylemessiah likes this.

AVF Regular
    I don't use roundup or chemicals here. (Cue Mallee's interjections about armpit hair etc).

I wish someone would invent a smallish portable flamethrower type of device that you could use a bit like a sprayer to shrivel up weeds.
    gtadmin and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Regular
    Plz bring bobcat here mallee.
    gtadmin and stylemessiah like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    I don't use roundup or chemicals here. (Cue Mallee's interjections about armpit hair etc).

I wish someone would invent a smallish portable flamethrower type of device that you could use a bit like a sprayer to shrivel up weeds.

errr they do

https://www.revolutionindustrial.com...Wx1xoC3V3w_wcB

Link for information ... your local stock/feed store should be able to get you something similar

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast