Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Australian sporting teams need to be kicked up the arse

AVF Regular

Australian sporting teams need to be kicked up the arse

Australia cricket. 5/16.

How fucking pathetic.

Australian rugby - pathetic.

Less snorting cocaine off hookers stanky snatches, less drinking slabs of beer the morning of a match.. less everything.
    Hoofprint likes this.

AVF Regular
    A degree of old fashioned sportsmanship doesn't hurt either. To many prima donnas.
    Hoofprint likes this.

AVF Regular
    this has been a long time coming.

those fkn idiot cricket selectors rode the old players into the ground and didn't rotate new blood for training.
    now all these young pups are learning bad habits from other young pups.

if it was me in charge,
    i would pull the aussie team from comp for a whole year, intensive training and build them from scratch again.
    merexy and Northerner like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post

those fkn idiot cricket selectors rode the old players into the ground and didn't rotate new blood for training.

if it was me in charge,
    i would pull the aussie team from comp for a whole year, intensive training and build them from scratch again.
    And give 'em a kick up the arse as well. Too much money breeds this crap.

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by toofargone View Post
    Less snorting cocaine off hookers stanky snatches, less drinking slabs of beer the morning of a match..
    Reminds me of this bloke...

F*ck he could ride a motorcycle....

AVF Regular
    Yep, always the same recipe. Keep the team as-is until you burn out a player and replace them with someone who's recovering from being burnt out.

It's time players were selected on performance alone. If you **** up in three matches you're out, back to Sheffield Shield until you prove yourself again. If you don't, your career is over.

Steve Smith started out alright, he's not done a lot lately.

Time to look at the U/21's and above for some new talent. If an U/21 can go out there and slog his guts out each match, why isn't he in the team, replacing an old dud.

AVF Regular
    The problem for sport these days this includes the olympics, they have no heart anymore.
    its sad they have lost their way.

axx
    AVF Regular
    T20 has also been a factor I believe, it's my least favourite type of cricket where the batsmen might be just as comfortable playing baseball. Gone are the days of cricket from 10-15 years ago where we had a top order, mid order and bowling attack where there had to be a numerous injuries to get a go...

Lehman couldn't get a bat and was waiting in the wings for years.

There were great battles between bat and ball & respect between the players, Hazelwood has a long way to go before he can stare a batsmen down or look annoyed like McGrath when runs are scored.

Almost 10 years since the retirements of Hayden, langer, marten, McGrath and Warnie! Those were the days I've never seen Australian cricket in such poor state.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    Similar thing happened in the 80's. When Marsh, Thommo, Lillie, the Chapells and a few other retired it left a vacuum.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    God, again? 7/59 ???

They need a brutal cull of the underperformers in that team. Even if it took another year for whoever they put in and blooded instead, it would be better than this

Remember that state of origin series where Fatty took a team of nevilles all the way to the promised land? Albeit with a bit of help from a surprise recall for Alfie Langer... Thats what needs to happen in Aussie cricket, and they need to bring back The IceMan, Steve Waugh for the Alfie role....S.Waugh would know how to deal with this shit

And T20 and the shits and giggles. Big Bash shit should be consigned to the crapheap of history, its only about the money they get on bets on the games in the subcontinent....

Someone other than the ICC/MCC should run cricket, those (corrupt) old boys have no idea

Im also okay with 4 day tests, something has to change otherwise it will die if they let the shits and giggles stuff for the attention deficit brigade continue
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 12-11-16 at 01:38 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast